• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    There's a glitch with the girl on Route 04 that has the three meowths. Whenever you beat her, her sprite gets all messed up and you can no longer move...

Edit: A Houndour just roared me on the same route, and the same thing happened (only some random trainer's sprite got messed up)

Edit2: Now whenever I continue my game, the same thing happens, so I can't continue...I uploaded a picture of it:

Yeah, if you could fix that it would be pretty cool, because a level 38 Ampharos whose best move is thundershock is kind of weak. Does it ever learn thunderbolt (or is there a TM that teaches it that?) Teaching thunderpunch to him with a TM would be fine too, as long as the TM can be bought (can it, and where?)

I'm not actually sure what causes that. Have you tried saving and then resarting the game with a save instead of a save state? About the Ampharos thing, I could've sworn it learnt thunderbolt... I guess not though. I probably will change it but in the next release because by then you'll be able to get a lot more D/P pokemon so I'll have to do some move editing anyway.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • The script at the latiam city catacombs is messed up. When you enter the catacombs and talk to the girl she says a scary monster was chasing her, and that here it comes again... then the game freezes.

Also the sign near the first part of mt berinous... you can walk over it from the sides, and back.

edit - on route 4 after beating your rival the rival music dosen't stop. edit - All right the music does stop, but it starts again after beating the bug catcher right after him.

On route 5 after beating the super nerd the game freezes.

Their are also numerous movement permission errors in the national libary.

Not sure if its a glitch but before you find the theif in the libary you have to get the item ???????. The item is proably a glitch.

edit2 - i do recomend changing bug catchers elijah's pokemon.

i also recomend editing your rivals text at route 5 to say something about checking out that item near the corner after ther ledge jump. its a important item (hm 01) and some people sometimes just never pick up items on the ground.

All right... on route 6 some weird stuff just happened after i captured a volbeat on route 6... screen shot included. Holy crap!!! the same thing happened again after i ran from a growlith. screen included

Wtf? now thats some weird stuff... well just take a look at the screen shot. (The one in front of sign.)

[img=http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6166/1635pokemonfireredusquioi7.th.png]

[img=http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7425/1635pokemonfireredusquitw5.th.png]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • The script at the latiam city catacombs is messed up. When you enter the catacombs and talk to the girl she says a scary monster was chasing her, and that here it comes again... then the game freezes.

Also the sign near the first part of mt berinous... you can walk over it from the sides, and back.

edit - on route 4 after beating your rival the rival music dosen't stop. edit - All right the music does stop, but it starts again after beating the bug catcher right after him.

Not sure if its a glitch but before you find the theif in the libary you have to get the item ???????. The item is proably a glitch.

i also recomend editing your rivals text at route 5 to say something about checking out that item near the corner after ther ledge jump. its a important item (hm 01) and some people sometimes just never pick up items on the ground.

All right... on route 6 some weird s*** just happened after i captured a volbeat on route 6... screen shot included. Holy crap!!! the same thing happened again after i ran from a growlith. screen included

Wtf? now thats some weird s***... well just take a look at the screen shot. (The one in front of sign.)

[img=http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6166/1635pokemonfireredusquioi7.th.png]

[img=http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7425/1635pokemonfireredusquitw5.th.png]

You sweared two times in a row. Putting stars for your bad word doesn't mean you are not saying it. I am going to report you now. *Reports*

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    The script at the latiam city catacombs is messed up. When you enter the catacombs and talk to the girl she says a scary monster was chasing her, and that here it comes again... then the game freezes.

All right... on route 6 some weird stuff just happened after i captured a volbeat on route 6... screen shot included. Holy crap!!! the same thing happened again after i ran from a growlith. screen included

Wtf? now thats some weird stuff... well just take a look at the screen shot. (The one in front of sign.)
    1) Fixed thanks, it's a shiny encounter and I forgot to create the routine for it.
    2) Fixed thanks.
    3) Thats weird it doesn't happen to me, I'll check it out anyway.
    4) Route 5 is quite buggy and I don't know why that happens but I'll try to fix it. It's probably something wrong with the events, so maybe changing the pointer for the events will fix it.
    5) Its not the movement permissions, its the tile I forgot to edit its behavior.
    6) Fixed it wasn't intentional.
    7) Why? Shedninja is super easy to kill.
    8) You can't proceed without getting Cut and its not exactly hidden so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
    9) Same problem with Route 5.
    10) Fixed, pointer problem.

Man that was long, I'm sooo sick of these bugs, I'm definitely having people beta test the next release.

Well, anyway I started working on the hack again and I'm extremely happy to say that I've finished the ice tileset (credits to Fanking Omega for the tiles), finally! Heres a small preview:

2a9p2bp.png

Hope you like it!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Great job dshayabusa!
    i should really check this thread out more.
    anyways i saw the videos and they are awesome!
    you are a great mapper and scripter.
    i applaud you for that.
    but if you are going to get beta testers, i would like to apply for one.
    well BOL dshayabusa.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    um, the trainers pokemon are so high level! im heading to latim, and i encountered a biker with 28 levle pokes!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Maybe this can help you pinpoint the glitches in Route 05. If you look at my screen shot and see the girl in the right hand corner. For some reason, I can control her whenever I start my game. I can only control her for a few spaces though (everything else is blocked off, I'm guessing that's the path that she travels randomly). I still can't progress though.

I decided to save in that spot, and now when I restart the game, the girl turns into the main character (so there are two main characters on the screen), and I can control only the main character that's in the spot that the girl was, and can't move outside of her confined area. I can upload a screen shot if that's not clear enough (or maybe I could send you my save file).

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    I really enjoy the beta so far. I've only spotted two minor glitches. One being that the tiles on the main character's house occasionally gets messed up. The other is when the main character's mom says his/her dad has already left and he can clearly be seen sitting across from her.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Great job dshayabusa!
    i should really check this thread out more.
    anyways i saw the videos and they are awesome!
    you are a great mapper and scripter.
    i applaud you for that.
    but if you are going to get beta testers, i would like to apply for one.
    well BOL dshayabusa.
    Thanks! Yeah I will be needing beta testers, have you had any experience with beta testing before?

um, the trainers pokemon are so high level! im heading to latim, and i encountered a biker with 28 levle pokes!
    The shouldn't be that hard to beat, and I think the trainer you are referring to only has one pokemon any.

Maybe this can help you pinpoint the glitches in Route 05. If you look at my screen shot and see the girl in the right hand corner. For some reason, I can control her whenever I start my game. I can only control her for a few spaces though (everything else is blocked off, I'm guessing that's the path that she travels randomly). I still can't progress though.

I decided to save in that spot, and now when I restart the game, the girl turns into the main character (so there are two main characters on the screen), and I can control only the main character that's in the spot that the girl was, and can't move outside of her confined area. I can upload a screen shot if that's not clear enough (or maybe I could send you my save file).
    Yeah I tested this out and it happens to me as well. I still haven't been able to fix it but when I do, I'll upload it and hopefully that'll be the last version of beta 1 I have to post.

I really enjoy the beta so far. I've only spotted two minor glitches. One being that the tiles on the main character's house occasionally gets messed up. The other is when the main character's mom says his/her dad has already left and he can clearly be seen sitting across from her.
    The first one I won't fix until way later on. The second I thought I had fixed, i'll check it out, it's pretty easy to fix anyway.

Um... When I try playing it I get stuck int the lab & can't get to my rival because it's all glitchy...
    I'm pretty sure you have an old beta. Try downloading the new one.

And heres a bit of an update, Frostpen City:
    213okw.png
    33o1npe.png
    9s5vrm.png
    9bdr3s.png
    1424eop.png
    2j4yj43.png

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    the screenies are wondeful. :3
    but.., isn't it a bit cold there for that old man to be lying around..? :P

anyways, nice, and keep things up~

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    the screenies are wondeful. :3
    but.., isn't it a bit cold there for that old man to be lying around..? :P

anyways, nice, and keep things up~
    Thanks, yeah he's actually supposed to be a bit higher up, I think when I was taking screens I forgot to change his behaviour.

hey man,
    this hacks looking pretty sweet,
    especially the ice tileset, it's the bomb, especially the part with the ice :P
    keep it up
    Hahahaha, thanks a lot!

Well heres some updates:
    106wwoy.png

Decapitalization of attacks.

And a few D/P Pokemon:
    2wh0zd4.png
    359muxs.png
    2hmfukz.png

Years
  • Perhaps you could also decapitalize the pokemon's names?
    cus it kinda ruins the text really. And whenever the games say pokemon in capital letters, again, decapitalize.
    just a suggestion.
    did you make the ice tilests yourself?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Very nice! This hack just keeps on impressing me everytime I come here.
    Frostpen City looks absolutely wonderful! You've really impressed me, dshayabusa...

Keep up the awesome work!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I see that the hack has turned better since the last time when I posted (as TheX) Nice job!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Perhaps you could also decapitalize the pokemon's names?
    cus it kinda ruins the text really. And whenever the games say pokemon in capital letters, again, decapitalize.
    just a suggestion.
    did you make the ice tilests yourself?
    I'm only going to decapitalize the attacks and items. I don't really want to change the pokemon names because names are always in full capitals in my hack to make them stand out from the rest of the text. As most people just skip reading text having things in capitals occasionally makes them take more notice, or at least thats what I think.

I think the Gym's roof should be covered with snow too
    I did have an icy Gym but the tile (made by Fanking Omega) isn't a standard sized Gym so its difficult to implement, I'll probably try editing it later on.

Heres a new video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkEfvec_Ro

It didn't turn out quite like I wanted to, I had to make some compromises because of the limitations of scripting, but I think it turned out ok. I've also been mapping the Frostpen City Gym. I'm still unsure of what I type I should use as Ice would be a little too predictable. Also if you've played the beta, you'll know the Gym Leader is the older brother of the leader in Latim City. The two brothers have a small part to play in the overall plot, but that won't be for a while yet.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I am going to work on a walkthrough for this game. Note- it'll be a txt file, okay?

Back