• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior Airings

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Well for one thing (at least in the version I watched) Hikari swore at Ash when she kicked him.

Another thing is that Shaymin is constantly in Hikari's arms and rubbing against her chest through out the movie and Shaymin makes a very small, but very noticeable sexual joke.

Edit: For some reason I put "not" in front of "very noticeable"

Any swearing was most likely added by the subbers. For some reason, lots of fansubs like to do that with anime (most noticeably One Piece with me). I don't know why... Probably just to make it "cooler" or something.

As for the other joke... I don't know. That seems kinda strange in Pokemon, but not entirely impossible...

Last edited:

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Any swearing was most likely added by the subbers. For some reason, lots of fansubs like to do that with anime (most noticeably One Piece with me). I don't know why... Probably just to make it "cooler" or something.

As for the other joke... I don't know. That seems kinda strange in Pokemon, but not entirely impossible...

well it is the subbers but every insult that assoicated with a swear in the japaneselanguage is the word "Teme" or somtin like that. seriously, every time I see Ichigo or Naruto say "**** you" or "You bastard" or any other of those insults its always "Teme".

there have been some pretty suggestive stuff in the anime before. for example... the episode that was banned and then rereleased in america exceept it was way chopped up. the infamous "James has Boobs" episode. also, in the advanced series there were some pretty suggestive stuff like, near the end of battle fronteir theres a scene where Drew and May were talking at the edge of a cliff and harley comes up and says "a boy and a girl stting alone out here? that could be dangerous!". I could come up with a million of these instances. In conclusion, I wouldn't call it "strange" for some suggestive stuff to be in pokemon.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    well it is the subbers but every insult that assoicated with a swear in the japaneselanguage is the word "Teme" or somtin like that. seriously, every time I see Ichigo or Naruto say "**** you" or "You bastard" or any other of those insults its always "Teme".

there have been some pretty suggestive stuff in the anime before. for example... the episode that was banned and then rereleased in america exceept it was way chopped up. the infamous "James has Boobs" episode. also, in the advanced series there were some pretty suggestive stuff like, near the end of battle fronteir theres a scene where Drew and May were talking at the edge of a cliff and harley comes up and says "a boy and a girl stting alone out here? that could be dangerous!". I could come up with a million of these instances. In conclusion, I wouldn't call it "strange" for some suggestive stuff to be in pokemon.

I just went ahead an Googled it. Turns out, "Teme" is an extremely rude way to say "you". Whatever else they say added by subbers. They got the "you" right, though...

And as for the suggestive content, yeah, I remember those moments. 4Kids even added some innuendic(is that a word?) lines in some episodes, so I guess "strange" isn't the right word.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    I just went ahead an Googled it. Turns out, "Teme" is an extremely rude way to say "you". Whatever else they say added by subbers. They got the "you" right, though...

And as for the suggestive content, yeah, I remember those moments. 4Kids even added some innuendic(is that a word?) lines in some episodes, so I guess "strange" isn't the right word.

well I thnk its appropriate to add swears and stuff because, honestly, saying "you" isnt really rude in english. so they had to add somtin to make us realize that its an insult. no inuendic is not a word the correct wrd would have been inuendo (and then you wouldnt have needed the rest of the sentence)

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    well I thnk its appropriate to add swears and stuff because, honestly, saying "you" isnt really rude in english. so they had to add somtin to make us realize that its an insult. no inuendic is not a word the correct wrd would have been inuendo (and then you wouldnt have needed the rest of the sentence)

Well yeah, of course they had to add something. :p And yes, I know "inuendic" isn't a word. XD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior!

Everbody should know what this is.
    If you don't, then, it's the 11th Pokémon movie.
    It's finally going to air.

Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior.
    Airs on Cartoon Network.
    Airs Friday, February 13, 2009.
    Second chance is Sunday, February 15, 2009.​

Again people, you have two chances to see this.
    I'm going to record it just incase I become busy.

Now, lets get discussing about what we already know about it so far.

To Staff: Sorry if it may be the wrong time to make a discussion about it, and if it is, just lock it~

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    um...we already have a thread just like this one already...lolz

but don't forget that it'll be out on youtube too after it is aired on cartoon network...so whoever misses it, will be able to see it there too...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    It might be a while before it comes onto YouTube, and I didn't even notice the other thread, sorry. ;_;

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well for one thing (at least in the version I watched) Hikari swore at Ash when she kicked him.

Another thing is that Shaymin is constantly in Hikari's arms and rubbing against her chest through out the movie and Shaymin makes a very small, but very noticeable sexual joke.

Edit: For some reason I put "not" in front of "very noticeable"

Not in the version I watched...

Spoiler:

PUSA don't cut anything unless it's really necessary, they won't cut any random scenes.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years

Spoiler:

PUSA don't cut anything unless it's really necessary, they won't cut any random scenes.

that wasn't the version I watched. Mine had a different font and she said "you ass" I have absolutely no idea how u managed to get a picture of that on the thread... did u do a screenshot? if i can figure out how to do that I'll go back t th esite where I watched it and see if I can screenshot teh version I saw.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Is it just me, or does Ash look somewhat different in that screenshot? :embarrass

But anyway, maybe Dawn will say "...idiot..."or something in the English version.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    that wasn't the version I watched. Mine had a different font and she said "you ass" I have absolutely no idea how u managed to get a picture of that on the thread... did u do a screenshot? if i can figure out how to do that I'll go back t th esite where I watched it and see if I can screenshot teh version I saw.

Oh, that one was done by #PM, they're probably the most reliable for Pokemon subs. I downloaded it and was watching it in VLC Player. But if you're watching on a website you can either

- Click Print Screen (Prnt Scrn) which will copy the whole screen so you can paste it in Paint or something and cut it
    - If you have Vista, you can use the Snipping Tool and copy part of the page

Is it just me, or does Ash look somewhat different in that screenshot? :embarrass

But anyway, maybe Dawn will say "...idiot..."or something in the English version.

Ash had just been soaked by water so his hair is messed up XD

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Oh, that one was done by #PM, they're probably the most reliable for Pokemon subs. I downloaded it and was watching it in VLC Player. But if you're watching on a website you can either

- Click Print Screen (Prnt Scrn) which will copy the whole screen so you can paste it in Paint or something and cut it
    - If you have Vista, you can use the Snipping Tool and copy part of the page

Well, I tried and two things got in my way:

1.) I can't find the Prn Scrn button
    2.) The version was apparently removed four days after I watched it ( I think I watched it the day it came out)

So if there are still any subbed versions floating around I would like to watch them. Is the #PM one around? Although, I'd rather not have to download it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, it must be different because I'm using a laptop. Well, here's for future referance where the Print Screen key is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KeyboardWithPrintScreenRinged.svg Hmm the US keyboard doesn't have a Euro sign on it and has the @ in a different place

#PM is still up, but you can only download it because most people can't put mkv files in movie maker to chop it uo for YouTube

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Oh, it must be different because I'm using a laptop. Well, here's for future referance where the Print Screen key is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KeyboardWithPrintScreenRinged.svg Hmm the US keyboard doesn't have a Euro sign on it and has the @ in a different place

#PM is still up, but you can only download it because most people can't put mkv files in movie maker to chop it uo for YouTube

oh ok. yeah I chcked a little more into the translation that I watched and there were some serious errors. the entire time they portrayed zeroes plot as talking revenge on the professor for supposedly killing his sister (who was suppose to be wat his hologram computer looked like). it was quite a surprise to learn that he actually only wanted to... well lets not spoil anytin for anyone.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Spoiler:

Hahaha... You do know you killed my sexual joke fantasy there right? >:|

By what I see, Dawn will probably say "You dimwit!"... well it's all I got..

Back