• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Glimmering Emerald

MasterPeanut94

Voltamek
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Only gen 3 for now, I'm in the process of adding gens 4-6 + regional forms.

No crossgen evos either? Also in the PWT, if only up to Gen 3 is available, what region do the gym leaders go up to? I see in the screenshot Sinnoh and Unova, but do they still battle with Gen 1-3 Pokemon only?

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    Once you'll add later gen Mons and create a balanced diversity in bosses' and some trainers' teams, i think your hack Will Be peak
    Hoping so much you will reconsider the difficilty thing, not a RRlike but Just some spicy here and there

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Whenever I use the Rare Candy Cheat in this game, it keeps giving me Calciums instead of rare candies.

Is there an alternative?

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • Did you make that DexNax UI yourself?
    The dexnav was made by ghoulslash but I did change the graphics myself

ok how do you play this thing downloaded it and got nothing but blank files
    You'll have to patch the .bps onto a clean copy of Pokemon Emerald (I recommend using this website). If you're literally getting blank files I don't know what's going wrong.

No crossgen evos either? Also in the PWT, if only up to Gen 3 is available, what region do the gym leaders go up to? I see in the screenshot Sinnoh and Unova, but do they still battle with Gen 1-3 Pokemon only?
    They're not available yet but are in the game code, so the gym leaders do go up to Unova with the teams they have in BW2's PWT.

Once you'll add later gen Mons and create a balanced diversity in bosses' and some trainers' teams, i think your hack Will Be peak
    Hoping so much you will reconsider the difficilty thing, not a RRlike but Just some spicy here and there
    Thanks! I may at one point but it is open source of anyone wants to increase the difficulty.

Whenever I use the Rare Candy Cheat in this game, it keeps giving me Calciums instead of rare candies.

Is there an alternative?
    I assume that cheat is for vanilla Emerald and if so it won't work in this game. You could enable the debug menu but you'd have to compile the game yourself if you go that route.

New Update (v1.0.1)
    Small update mainly fixing bugs. Also working on Mirage Spots which will be unavailable until they're finished. The next big update should include it and will be where you can find gen 4+ Pokemon.
    Fixes
    Wattson and Wallace now give the correct TM (and will give it out if you've already beat them)
    Fixed TMs persisting between saves
    Fixed Ash weather palette tag
    Fixed snow weather
    Added mail items to the Slateport shop
    Fixed Pokedex Area Found screen when you have the National Dex
    Updated the banned Pokemon in Battle Frontier
    PWT trainers have their names correctly displayed now

Last edited:

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • New Update (v1.1.0)
    This update mainly focuses on making Pokemon from other generations available.

Features
    • Introducing Mirage Spots! After defeating the Elite Four and becoming Champion you may come across Mirage Spots while you're soaring through the sky. Each day there'll be three different Mirage Spots with Pokemon not normally found in Hoenn. One of those Mirage Spots will also have different Pokemon than it normally has.
    • Wild encounter data in Hoenn has also been changed after defeating the Elite Four to include Gen I and II Pokemon.
    • There's a clear-out sale every day on the rooftop of Lilycove's Department Store. What's on sale changes each day and you may find items that can help Pokemon evolve.
    • Evolutions normally requiring trading can now instead be achieved using mysterious Linking Cords, or if they require an held item during a trade that item can be used instead.
    • The Battle Frontier Exchange Corner has been given an update. It now features more battle items to buy with BP from later games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Started playing on v1.1.0. So far so good, but for some reason teh DexNax takes a very long time to load. It just sits there on a black screen for several seconds before appearing.

Also, since this game has the Gen VI Exp. Share, any chance to make it avaliable earlier in future updates? I think getting it as a reward for the second Devon mission after beating Roxanne would be a good spot, instead of getting it early on Petalburg Woods like ORAS.

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • Started playing on v1.1.0. So far so good, but for some reason teh DexNax takes a very long time to load. It just sits there on a black screen for several seconds before appearing.
    Hmm the Dexnav loads quickly for me. Is that happening on every route? And what emulator are you using?

Also, since this game has the Gen VI Exp. Share, any chance to make it avaliable earlier in future updates? I think getting it as a reward for the second Devon mission after beating Roxanne would be a good spot, instead of getting it early on Petalburg Woods like ORAS.
    It doesn't actually have the Gen VI Exp Share, I wasn't sure if I should include it or not since I'm not changing the levels for any trainers and wasn't sure how overleveled the player would get with it. But I guess I could include it and have it as a toggle so it can be turned off and on as needed.

Years
    • Seen today
    Its always good to have the Dexnav in case of needs, but in this (and many other roms) its just not polished and buggy. Nothing game breaking but:

1) On some routes using the DexNav shows the same pokemon twice
    2) Its not totally clear when using the DexNav in a Route if all the Pokemon in that area have already been seen/caught or not
    3) There is not visible Icon/Sign like "?" to show that a Pokemon is missing in that Route of the PokeNav. Instead a blank/invisible layer is used and it can be confusing
    4) The visible rectangle in the Dexnav that lets you select which pokemon to track, often have "unlimited space" as in you can move the cursor up/down/right in spots that doesn't have any pokemon, and that can sometime crash the game or create unintended bugs. To fix this every use of DexNav should only allow the user to move in the specific spaces of pokemons found on that route (For example: if 4 Pokemon on that Route, the cursor can only move in those 4 rectangles, can't go out of limits)
    5) In the original implementation of DexNav in ORAS, the "Search level" would never reset if you change location or run away. Its a data kept for each single pokemon across all game, while in many romHack of emerald it just resets back to 0. This is wrong since what should reset in those cases is the "chaining level" and not the search level of the DexNav. For more info: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DexNav

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Hmm the Dexnav loads quickly for me. Is that happening on every route? And what emulator are you using?

It doesn't actually have the Gen VI Exp Share, I wasn't sure if I should include it or not since I'm not changing the levels for any trainers and wasn't sure how overleveled the player would get with it. But I guess I could include it and have it as a toggle so it can be turned off and on as needed.

On every route up until Slateport so far. I'm using MyBoy on Android.
    And yeah, I realized when I went back to Devon Corp that it was the regular Exp. Share. I don't think it's an issue to include, Game Freak certainly didn't care about levels when they included it in ORAS lol
    May change it to reduce the % of Exp. the party gets? That could work.

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • Its always good to have the Dexnav in case of needs, but in this (and many other roms) its just not polished and buggy. Nothing game breaking but:

1) On some routes using the DexNav shows the same pokemon twice
    2) Its not totally clear when using the DexNav in a Route if all the Pokemon in that area have already been seen/caught or not
    3) There is not visible Icon/Sign like "?" to show that a Pokemon is missing in that Route of the PokeNav. Instead a blank/invisible layer is used and it can be confusing
    4) The visible rectangle in the Dexnav that lets you select which pokemon to track, often have "unlimited space" as in you can move the cursor up/down/right in spots that doesn't have any pokemon, and that can sometime crash the game or create unintended bugs. To fix this every use of DexNav should only allow the user to move in the specific spaces of pokemons found on that route (For example: if 4 Pokemon on that Route, the cursor can only move in those 4 rectangles, can't go out of limits)
    5) In the original implementation of DexNav in ORAS, the "Search level" would never reset if you change location or run away. Its a data kept for each single pokemon across all game, while in many romHack of emerald it just resets back to 0. This is wrong since what should reset in those cases is the "chaining level" and not the search level of the DexNav. For more info: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DexNav
    1. Yep it will show a pokemon twice if it can be found in the grass and water. I was going to set the positions that so water pokemon appeared over water in the dexnav to make it more obvious.
    2. At the moment there should be a small pokeball that appears when you've seen them all, nothing else yet when you catch all but I was thinking of using a premier ball to show that. I had actually forgot about that so thanks I'll add it to my todo list.
    3. I decided not to show pokemon you haven't seen since that's how ORAS does it but I can reconsider the '?' icon.
    4. Hmm didn't know that was a thing, I haven't encountered that with mine but I can test it some more to make sure. It keeps tracks of the rectangle's position so that it never goes beyond fixed values and checks if there's a valid pokemon at the position it's at when pressing A.
    5. Correct it is wrong, I should add that to the first post. I'm not saving the search level for all pokemon because it takes up a bit of space in the save but I will be revisiting this to try fit it in. The pokeemerald-expansion is doing a refactor of the species order so I'll check after that.

Thanks for all your feedback!

On every route up until Slateport so far. I'm using MyBoy on Android.
    And yeah, I realized when I went back to Devon Corp that it was the regular Exp. Share. I don't think it's an issue to include, Game Freak certainly didn't care about levels when they included it in ORAS lol
    May change it to reduce the % of Exp. the party gets? That could work.
    I tested on MyBoy as well and it was fine... If you're able to dm me your save file I can test it and see what's happening.
    Haha that is true about Game Freak, ok I'll put the Gen VI Exp Share in in a future update

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    New Update (v1.1.0)
    This update mainly focuses on making Pokemon from other generations available.

Features
    • Introducing Mirage Spots! After defeating the Elite Four and becoming Champion you may come across Mirage Spots while you're soaring through the sky. Each day there'll be three different Mirage Spots with Pokemon not normally found in Hoenn. One of those Mirage Spots will also have different Pokemon than it normally has.
    • Wild encounter data in Hoenn has also been changed after defeating the Elite Four to include Gen I and II Pokemon.
    • There's a clear-out sale every day on the rooftop of Lilycove's Department Store. What's on sale changes each day and you may find items that can help Pokemon evolve.
    • Evolutions normally requiring trading can now instead be achieved using mysterious Linking Cords, or if they require an held item during a trade that item can be used instead.
    • The Battle Frontier Exchange Corner has been given an update. It now features more battle items to buy with BP from later games.

should I make a new save or will my current save work with the new version? Also are the unobtainable wild pokemon from Emerald added in yet?

Last edited:

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • It does take a long time on MyBoy but it works fine on mGBA on PC. Could be an emulator issue but I'll keep looking into it.

Hi,May I know how to reduce Pokémon's EVs? Thank you
    There are EV-reducing berries, same as vanilla Emerald. I'll make them available to buy with BP in the Battle Frontier in case people use them all up.

should I make a new save or will my current save work with the new version? Also are the unobtainable wild pokemon from Emerald added in yet?
    Your current save should work but always best to make a backup just in case. I will mention in updates if I've changed the save structure but I will also update the game to convert old saves to the new format so saves won't break :)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey I'm trying to download the mystery gift but whenever I try the mediafire link it goes to download repair, am I too late for the Cyndaquil?

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • Hey I'm trying to download the mystery gift but whenever I try the mediafire link it goes to download repair, am I too late for the Cyndaquil?
    Yeah that mediafire link stopped working for some reason. I've moved it to a dropbox link now so you can get it and I just released another gift for May!

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2023
    I just created an account to thank you for this amazing rom hack. PWT is by far the coolest addition for me in B2/W2.

I know you mentioned that you are able to check IV/EV post E4. Is there a way to max IV/EV as well?

And could you add a speed up feature? The battles and texts are too slow.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • I just created an account to thank you for this amazing rom hack. PWT is by far the coolest addition for me in B2/W2.

I know you mentioned that you are able to check IV/EV post E4. Is there a way to max IV/EV as well?

And could you add a speed up feature? The battles and texts are too slow.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
    Glad you like it so much! I'd like to know how you think this PWT compares to the official one in BW2 when you get to it.

There'll be no ways to max out IVs since I'd like to keep it similar to Gen 6 and I just realised that I haven't put in the Destiny Knot anywhere, that'll help with breeding for IVs when I put it in.
    For EVs you can get the power items to increase EV yield from the Battle Frontier.

If you're playing on an emulator there should be a speed up button. Otherwise I can see if I can increase the text speed but I don't think there's too much more I could do.

Back