• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Glimmering Emerald

Days
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    Is there any update on the mysterious linking cable? I read in the patch notes that you added it in 1.1 but can't seem to find it. Hopefully coming soon I really need that alakazam!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey whenever I try doing the E-reader events, the e-reader says it is unable to scan cards. Any way these could be patches instead? Also, is Surskit in Route 102?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    Hi There!. I just created this account so that I can comment and say that Im very thankful for this wonderful Emerald rom hack. I'm actually looking for this kind of rom hack for a very long time now which doesn't do crazy things and amount of changes to the base game and incorporates Battle Frontier and PWT really well. I'm glad that I was able to find one. PWT is one of my favorite features that B2/W2 has added, so I'm really excited to try it out. I have some questions and suggestions, though. First, Does PWT also include World Leaders, Champions, Rental Master, Mix Master, and Type Expert just like in the originals? I can only see in the screenshots the Leaders Tier from different regions. Also, would it be possible to add each of the Elite Four members from different regions with their pokemon from their respective games? This is actually what I've been wishing for, and I'm kind of sad and bothered that Game Freak didn't add this to PWT given that the Elite Four members are also notable trainers.

Again, Thank you for this wonderful hack, and keep up the good work. I look forward to future updates!

Days
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    Hello. Just saw this game today, its looks interesting especially with the addition of PWT and later pokemon gen stuffs and I'm really excited to play it. May I ask if what version of emerald rom should I patch it to prevent any errors. Should I patch it on Emerald Trashman rom or any other version of emerald rom. I was trying to search for an answer but can't find any. Hope someone can answer thanks.

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, I've had a lot of things come up so I haven't been able to romhack lately.

Is there any update on the mysterious linking cable? I read in the patch notes that you added it in 1.1 but can't seem to find it. Hopefully coming soon I really need that alakazam!
    Yes you can find the linking cable in the Lilycove rooftop sales on Wednesdays

Hey whenever I try doing the E-reader events, the e-reader says it is unable to scan cards. Any way these could be patches instead? Also, is Surskit in Route 102?
    I've been meaning to look into making them patches to, I'll try but I'm quite busy at the moment. And no Surskit isn't in 102 but is on 120.

Hi There!. I just created this account so that I can comment and say that Im very thankful for this wonderful Emerald rom hack. I'm actually looking for this kind of rom hack for a very long time now which doesn't do crazy things and amount of changes to the base game and incorporates Battle Frontier and PWT really well. I'm glad that I was able to find one. PWT is one of my favorite features that B2/W2 has added, so I'm really excited to try it out. I have some questions and suggestions, though. First, Does PWT also include World Leaders, Champions, Rental Master, Mix Master, and Type Expert just like in the originals? I can only see in the screenshots the Leaders Tier from different regions. Also, would it be possible to add each of the Elite Four members from different regions with their pokemon from their respective games? This is actually what I've been wishing for, and I'm kind of sad and bothered that Game Freak didn't add this to PWT given that the Elite Four members are also notable trainers.

Again, Thank you for this wonderful hack, and keep up the good work. I look forward to future updates!
    Glad you're excited for the PWT! It does include World Leaders and Champions at the moment and I will be looking into the other modes for it too. I have thought about adding the E4 members as well because I thought it was strange too that Game Freak left them out.

Hello. Just saw this game today, its looks interesting especially with the addition of PWT and later pokemon gen stuffs and I'm really excited to play it. May I ask if what version of emerald rom should I patch it to prevent any errors. Should I patch it on Emerald Trashman rom or any other version of emerald rom. I was trying to search for an answer but can't find any. Hope someone can answer thanks.
    Yes Trashman will definitely work

Is this hack still being supported?
    Yes it is! Just slowly unfortunatley

Days
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    Good Day!. While browsing the forums, this hack really caught my attention. I'm really picky when it comes to emerald enhancement hacks, and I must say that this one is really perfect for me in terms of features. Also, when are you planning to add missing pokemons from other generations? Also, Is it possible to add up to Gen 7/8 pokes or is it only up to Gen 6 based on the description?. But, to be honest, it's fine for me either way; I'm kind of just checking for the possibility of it happening. Of course, there is no pressure on your part; take your time. And lastly, how about the AI? How much better is it compared to the base game? Thanks, and hopefully this hack gets updated frequently because I really like it, but I know there's a life outside of rom hacking so it understandable if its gets updated slowly but surely.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2023
    This hack is good but the people behind this forgot 1 fundamental thing: HM : WATERFALL. Can't finish this game without it. Someone out there, let me know how to get it.

Edit: Now I get it, just talk to the -forever silent- waterfall and you can climb on your own without have to have a waterfall move on one of your pokemon. How unexpected

Last edited:

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • Good Day!. While browsing the forums, this hack really caught my attention. I'm really picky when it comes to emerald enhancement hacks, and I must say that this one is really perfect for me in terms of features. Also, when are you planning to add missing pokemons from other generations? Also, Is it possible to add up to Gen 7/8 pokes or is it only up to Gen 6 based on the description?. But, to be honest, it's fine for me either way; I'm kind of just checking for the possibility of it happening. Of course, there is no pressure on your part; take your time. And lastly, how about the AI? How much better is it compared to the base game? Thanks, and hopefully this hack gets updated frequently because I really like it, but I know there's a life outside of rom hacking so it understandable if its gets updated slowly but surely.

Thanks, glad you like it! Pokemon up to gen 6 are in it currently and I won't be adding more unless they're new evolutions or new forms of older Pokemon. After becoming champion there's different encounters in the wild to get the missing gens 1-3 Pokemon and Mirage Spots will appear while soaring which have gen 4-6 Pokemon (though finding Mirage Spots is tricky and I'll be adding a way to spot them in a future update). The AI is from pokeemerald-expansion which is slightly updated from vanilla but I'm not too familiar with the changes. I will try to update it as much as I can!

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks, glad you like it! Pokemon up to gen 6 are in it currently and I won't be adding more unless they're new evolutions or new forms of older Pokemon.

so you might add Annihilape, Dudunsparce, Farigiraf and Kingambit in a later update? If you do, you might need to make a different evo method for the mons they evolve from (being Primape, Dunsparce, Girafarig and Bisharp respectively)

this is only the case if you aren't planning on adding later-gen moves or items (and even if you do you might need to tweak Primape's evo method to be level up after learning Rage Fist)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Played up just before Wallace, I really like the idea of an improvement to Emerald based off in ORAS. There's a few elements that I would like to point out.

-It would be nice if you added an option to buy Lava Cookies at dozens
    -You obtain Mawilite very early in the game like you do in ORAS but since it's based upon Emerald encounter table, you can't obtain Mawile until Victory Road. You could try to revise at least the encounter tables for Pokémon with Mega Stones to be closer to Ruby/Sapphire encounter tables.
    -A good QoL feature is updating the Select option to feature multiple items either like Gen 5 or 6.

Reporting a few minor graphical things about the follower:

-After defeating Norman, your follower will stay in place while Wally's father takes you outside the gym.
    -The surfing palette and the reflection breaks once you get to surf.

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • so you might add Annihilape, Dudunsparce, Farigiraf and Kingambit in a later update? If you do, you might need to make a different evo method for the mons they evolve from (being Primape, Dunsparce, Girafarig and Bisharp respectively)

this is only the case if you aren't planning on adding later-gen moves or items (and even if you do you might need to tweak Primape's evo method to be level up after learning Rage Fist)
    Yep I'll probably add them when I can. I'll give them their signature moves as well so they can evolve. Just not sure what to do about Bisharp at the moment.

Played up just before Wallace, I really like the idea of an improvement to Emerald based off in ORAS. There's a few elements that I would like to point out.

-It would be nice if you added an option to buy Lava Cookies at dozens
    -You obtain Mawilite very early in the game like you do in ORAS but since it's based upon Emerald encounter table, you can't obtain Mawile until Victory Road. You could try to revise at least the encounter tables for Pokémon with Mega Stones to be closer to Ruby/Sapphire encounter tables.
    -A good QoL feature is updating the Select option to feature multiple items either like Gen 5 or 6.

Reporting a few minor graphical things about the follower:

-After defeating Norman, your follower will stay in place while Wally's father takes you outside the gym.
    -The surfing palette and the reflection breaks once you get to surf.
    Thanks for the feedback! Lava Cookies and Mawile would be easy to fix and I have looked into having multiple registered items. I'll fix the follower stuck in place after Norman but the reflection palette bug I've known for a while and haven't been able to fix yet but I'll keep trying.

Years
  • I do wonder if you also plan on adding the early game Voltorb/Magnemite from ORAS hordes. That's the only Hoenn dex mon I know is available earlier in ORAS compared to the originals, but still it'd be cool to slightly adjust the encounter rate on that route to include them if you can't fit them as DexNav only mons.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Can you use HMs in the overworld without the pokemon knowing them? Some other rom hacks do that and it's become a must-have for me. And what about a gen 6+ style exp share?
    Also be cool if you could change the color of your outfit, like in pokemon ROWE

Last edited:

paccy

Pokeholic
    Years
  • I do wonder if you also plan on adding the early game Voltorb/Magnemite from ORAS hordes. That's the only Hoenn dex mon I know is available earlier in ORAS compared to the originals, but still it'd be cool to slightly adjust the encounter rate on that route to include them if you can't fit them as DexNav only mons.
    I hadn't thought about changing encounters based on ORAS hordes but I'll definitely think about it!

Can you use HMs in the overworld without the pokemon knowing them? Some other rom hacks do that and it's become a must-have for me. And what about a gen 6+ style exp share?
    Also be cool if you could change the color of your outfit, like in pokemon ROWE
    Yep HM moves shouldn't need to be known to use them. I'll be putting in a toggle so the experience share can be held or act like the gen 6 one.
    Outfit changes aren't planned at the moment.

Great game! I was wondering if there was a way to activate the debug menu?
    Unfortunately it would need to be built from the dev branch to use the debug menu but the next update I do I can include a patch for that.

would you add a gen 6 exp share?
    Yep, that is planned!

Sorry there hasn't been an update for a while, been really busy but I have been working on several things for the game in the background.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Yep HM moves shouldn't need to be known to use them. I'll be putting in a toggle so the experience share can be held or act like the gen 6 one.

Cool, thanks. Is that in the game now, or do I need to wait on an update?

Back