• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO: First Impressions

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
  • I wonder if they remember that a country called India exists in this very same world. I was so hyped about the 3ds, and that wasn't launched here. I waited for the Miitomo, but was dissapointed eventually. Here, Pokemon is popular enough to have the TV show airing regularly along with an extensive licensing and merchandising programme. I wonder why isn't the Pokémon Company serious about us. So, I am not at all sure if I'll be able to play it.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • I'm not satisfied... I need to buy a new phone to play PokemonGo that I've waited for a year and half?? Screw that!
    P.s. My phone is Samsung SIII Verizon 4LTE, with OS 4.4.2 kitkat (Rooted), I heard rooting isn't a prblem because the game won't lunch till you activate location for ''high accuracy'' which means using cellular from provider and/or Wi-Fi to pit point your GPS location.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I like this professor.

But it's too bad the game is gen 1 only. Otherwise I'd consider playing it. Then again I already have a lot of games on my phone that take up my time, memory, and battery, so maybe this works out for me...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm so sad that it's not out in Europe ;; I woke up to see an Australian friend play it and went directly to the app store but nope. Sadface.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • But it's too bad the game is gen 1 only. Otherwise I'd consider playing it. Then again I already have a lot of games on my phone that take up my time, memory, and battery, so maybe this works out for me...

They did mention that the other generations will be released in later updates at E3. Gen one only came out first because it's the 20th anniversary.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    They did mention that the other generations will be released in later updates at E3. Gen one only came out first because it's the 20th anniversary.

Did they give any sort of estimate on when at least the first of these major updates would be? Because I'm not sure my interest will maintain itself after a month or so. And I get that it's the 20th anniversary, but they could have included at least one other gen at launch, since we're supposedly celebrating the whole series.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Loaded it up. Says I don't have a GPS. Because of that, I can't even catch a starter. Hahahaha.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm liking it so far; it's somewhat entertaining to say the least. I caught a Goldeen in my living room which makes me think my apartment is somehow under water... but wait, I guess there is a lake out back?

Is it really that accurate or can you just find aquatic Pok?mon sometimes?

Back