• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Play Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
Years
  • I hit Level 2 by catching a couple of Pokemon from near my house. It irks me a bit that I can't capture a gym until Level 5, but that's incentive to go out and collect them all!

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
  • I went outside so I finally got to see what kind of Pokemon I could get. I ended up getting about a half dozen Pokemon while visiting four PokeSpots along the way. My yields were 14 PokeBalls and 2 Eggs. I have one in the incubator and eggs take 5 km to hatch. I can't seem to put the other in the incubator so I guess I'll have to take these one at a time. Really want to hit Level 5 so I can battle gyms.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I went outside so I finally got to see what kind of Pokemon I could get. I ended up getting about a half dozen Pokemon while visiting four PokeSpots along the way. My yields were 14 PokeBalls and 2 Eggs. I have one in the incubator and eggs take 5 km to hatch. I can't seem to put the other in the incubator so I guess I'll have to take these one at a time. Really want to hit Level 5 so I can battle gyms.

How did you get those eggs?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I was actually kinda lucky. After I was driving my car for about 1 km, I found a wild squirtle and a wild pinsir (yes, together) and I even caught each of them using only 1 pokeball each!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I had a lot of fun playing this today! Caught up with a friend and forced her to get the app with me, and we went around the river near my house and caught quite a few Pokemon!

In one day I managed to find 62 pokemon, 6 eggs, and get to level 6! Most of the gyms around my area are taken by me now heheh! It's extremely fun for now, I hope the eggs can hatch even if you walk with the app not running

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Does anyone know how to battle or trade with players? Does it need to be in a pokestop?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Kinda annoyed I only found out about this just as I was about to leave university and only had time just to redownload the game. Looking to be able to find as close to the original 150 as I can and beat my original catch count of 85 Pokemon during the beta.

Since it was night time I was able to catch a lot of Zubat, so I could start getting it ready to evolve into a golbat (and then ended up catching one any way). I currently have 9 pokemon in my team and still siting on level four:

004MS.png
    035MS.png
    021MS.png
    041MS.png
    042MS.png
    019MS.png
    016MS.png
    030MS.png

Unfortunately not going out tomorrow, but will hopefully be catching more and taking over gyms on Friday.

Does anyone know how to battle or trade with players? Does it need to be in a pokestop?

You can't battle trainers in Pokemon GO. Only exception would be if a trainer left their Pokemon at a gym, and you'd have to battle that Pokemon there - but there is no PVP. Trading is something that is still to come in the future and has currently not been implemented yet.

PokeStops are only used to get items (pokeballs, revives, potions and eggs) and to attract pokemon with a Lure Module.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Kinda annoyed I only found out about this just as I was about to leave university and only had time just to redownload the game. Looking to be able to find as close to the original 150 as I can and beat my original catch count of 85 Pokemon during the beta.

Since it was night time I was able to catch a lot of Zubat, so I could start getting it ready to evolve into a golbat (and then ended up catching one any way). I currently have 9 pokemon in my team and still siting on level four:

004MS.png
    035MS.png
    021MS.png
    041MS.png
    042MS.png
    019MS.png
    016MS.png
    030MS.png

Unfortunately not going out tomorrow, but will hopefully be catching more and taking over gyms on Friday.

You can't battle trainers in Pokemon GO. Only exception would be if a trainer left their Pokemon at a gym, and you'd have to battle that Pokemon there - but there is no PVP. Trading is something that is still to come in the future and has currently not been implemented yet.

PokeStops are only used to get items (pokeballs, revives, potions and eggs) and to attract pokemon with a Lure Module.

Oh that's sad :(

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • The game asked me to go to a nearby pokestop, which happens to be a mosque. I can't go there, this is ridiculous.
    There's no other pokestop I see in the map. HOW DO I PROGRESS!?

Skip Class

Years
  • The game asked me to go to a nearby pokestop, which happens to be a mosque. I can't go there, this is ridiculous.

PokeStops will be located at select places near you, such as historical markers, monuments, and art installations.

If you're located in a place that is either more rural or home within the suburbs, you're less likely to find pokestops there than if you're in a city or town. You'll have to keep moving around until you find some.

Years

My nearest pokestop is a 'Gospel Hall'. I didn't have to go in there to access it though, so in theory you should be able to just walk past to use it, unless that's not physically possible.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I wasn't looking well enough :P I found 4 others and went there :D
    Caught an Ekans and Pidgeotto.
    Can't wait to go out again (never thought I'd say that)

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • I installed the game and then I uninstalled it because I don't think it'll work for me. Refer to my user title for any complaints.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
  • About half an hour ago, I was signed out and I can't sign back in via my Pokemon Trainer account. I hope none of my stuff got deleted.

Skip Class

Years
  • Caught an Eevee when I was out which really surprised me! Also just found a random wild Squirtle. I'm having a hard time evolving anything. You need Pokémon Candy, right? But how do you get more?

If you want to evolve your eevee, just catch more eevee! You get three candy for catching an eevee and at least one more eevee candy when you transfer it. Not 100% sure about the full release numbers though because it was originally that catching one pokemon = one candy & one candy for transfer, but people have been telling me they're getting three now.

Candy from the same evolution line will also work - (catching a medapod, you can still use it's candy to evolve a caterpie or a medapod).

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
  • Are the servers down? Checked on the Pokemon Go subreddit and that's what everyone is saying. Can anyone who has the game play right now?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • <p>well started up the game last night and so far caught a Charmander (my first, of course) an Abra and a parissomething..</p>

<p> </p>

<p>today, can't log in and now my saved password doesn't work.. wonder if pokemon.com trainers thing reset everyone's passwords.. <em>sigh</em></p>

nope, seems the servers are hammered.. getting 502/503 error on pokemon.com trying to check GO status..

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Went for a walk and managed to catch a Pidgey and Drowzee which was pretty cool. I haven't really had much time to properly use it yet but I'm looking forward to discovering more Pokemon around my area!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back