• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
Years
  • Game has been updated with various changes, including sprites such as the fledgling (which has bothered me personally for a long time now!) and some pokemon sprites. Some difficulty, stats, and other things have been changed aswell.

Does Wolfman actually learn 'Earthquake' regarding its movepool change? I got up to maybe Lv56(?) in the prior version where it learned Blizzard and effectively raged quit for the longest time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Where do I find the tri wing? I have all the other legendaries but the birds won't spawn.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Think it's a postgame item you get in the city where Red is the gym leader. Honestly somewhere in the comments (gotta find time to read)...

Red is a gym leader of the Kanto Region town. I talked to everyone in the Kanto Region and in Red's gym and nothing. I tried searching through this thread, but I didn't find any locations on where to find the tri-wing or how to make the birds spawn.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Red is a gym leader of the Kanto Region town. I talked to everyone in the Kanto Region and in Red's gym and nothing. I tried searching through this thread, but I didn't find any locations on where to find the tri-wing or how to make the birds spawn.

Postgame as in you beat the Elite Four - nothing happened afterward?

Honestly gotta replay up to that point cause it's been a while. Sorry...

XXIIERROR

XXIIĘRRØR
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    Hey,i downloded the game and tried to play it on gbc emulator but its not working and t ried other gbc emulator and the file is not found
    So how can play it? Or its just not working on android emulators

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Hey,i downloded the game and tried to play it on gbc emulator but its not working and t ried other gbc emulator and the file is not found
    So how can play it? Or its just not working on android emulators

Downloaded how? Did someone else patch your rom, or did you patch it yourself?

The site link mentions you need a specific version of Pokemon Crystal -> (USU, Europe) (Rev A)

XXIIERROR

XXIIĘRRØR
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    :3 say whaaat?
    I didnt understand any thing
    You mean i cant play it or what?

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • :3 say whaaat?
    I didnt understand any thing
    You mean i cant play it or what?

An emulator plays the ROMs. However, to play this specific game mentioned, you need to PATCH the original ROM [Pokemon Crystal (USA, Europe) (Rev A)].

There're programs/apps that PATCH these ROMs for you. Multipatch (Mac) and Lunar IPS (Windows) are programs that can also be downloaded from the romhacking site.

XXIIERROR

XXIIĘRRØR
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    An emulator plays the ROMs. However, to play this specific game mentioned, you need to PATCH the original ROM [Pokemon Crystal (USA, Europe) (Rev A)].

There're programs/apps that PATCH these ROMs for you. Multipatch (Mac) and Lunar IPS (Windows) are programs that can also be downloaded from the romhacking site.

Ok thanks dude,i will try find Multipatch (Mac) for android if there is one
    And if worked for me i will download the rom

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Ok thanks dude,i will try find Multipatch (Mac) for android if there is one
    And if worked for me i will download the rom

And once you have the patching program, it'll ask for the (unzipped) patch file, then ask for the exact rom file, and FINALLY you 'save as' the name of your patched rom (the game you want to play).

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2023
    So I have a couple questions:

Is dark type still special and ghost type still physical?

How do you evolve trade evolutions like Kadabra?

Where do I get Rock Smash? I'm about to fight Pryce.

Rezeed

A Die-Hard Trainer/Fan
    Years
  • If it isn't a feature to work around that, since it's a gbc game, I recommend looking up "TGB Dual". I'm not going to explain WHAT I am refering to, but you'll thank me later.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • So I have a couple questions:

DARK is PHYSICAL (Madame's Faint Attack is awesome) and GHOST is SPECIAL - in my experience at least.

Trade pokemon are evolved with an item. Blanking on which stores you get to visit, but I think that's in the latter half of the story.

Honestly been months since I played and I lost my guide. You should have Rock Smash before or after the 7th Gym as you gotta enter a cave that features the FIRE-type legendary dog.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    I've enjoyed and loved this hack, thanks & congrats to de dev. team.
    It really made me feel like there was a multiverse where this game was released in '99.

Does anybody know if the hackrom would work on and physical cartridge for real GBC?

Thanks!

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • So I have a couple questions:

Yeah, FINALLY found my notes... Rock Smash is obtained in the Westport Radio Tower AFTER the 7th Gym. HOWEVER, this is from an older version of the game (pre-v5.0a). I'd be surprised if this order of events changed that drastically since I last played.

Back