• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
Years
  • Where can I download for Android?

First, you gotta find an emulator to play the original rom (GB/GBC). Second, you need a program to patch the rom (Mac [Multipatch], Windows [Lunar IPS], Android [UniPatcher] have theirs, and I think there's an online one - blanking there). Then, you download the rom in question (Pokemon Crystal [Rev A] I think). Next, you use the program to choose the patch (the ips file) and the rom to patch over. After patching, move the patched rom into your choice rom folder. Turn on your emulator, direct it to your rom folder, and MAYBE that's what you need.

Last edited:

TrainerBlack2011

KingBlack
    Days
  • There's an item you get much further in the game (Kanto Region, post-Gym 7) depending on the patch version you have (Covenant Orb or Linking Cable).

Warning: Until there's another update after 6.1, you're better off playing a 6.0 version, finish the Radio Tower event after Gym 7, THEN updating to the 6.1 patch.

Is there a link for the 6.0 version that I can download because I'm at that same point where I get locked in place after beating the rocket boss and walking out the radio tower.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Is there a link for the 6.0 version that I can download because I'm at that same point where I get locked in place after beating the rocket boss and walking out the radio tower.

...If I'm assuming correctly, I'm not sure if you can 'downgrade' your version 6.1 of your ROM and save file to the 6.0b version... One should play the 6.0b version past the Radio Tower point (post gym 7), and THEN update their ROM and save file to v6.1

However, the previous patch is on romhacking.net [6.0b / released by Cam] - better download ASAP before that version is gone.

Hoping this patch gets updated sooner than later to not have to do all this extra work.

Years
  • ...If I'm assuming correctly, I'm not sure if you can 'downgrade' your version 6.1 of your ROM and save file to the 6.0b version... One should play the 6.0b version past the Radio Tower point (post gym 7), and THEN update their ROM and save file to v6.1

However, the previous patch is on romhacking.net [6.0b / released by Cam] - better download ASAP before that version is gone.

Hoping this patch gets updated sooner than later to not have to do all this extra work.

Hey there, I am Soup/SourApple's admin for his discord... the patch has already updated many times over.

The current version is 6.1b and from what SourApple understands, this issue people are experiencing, are caused by their own doing, not the game itself.

Days
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Hello everyone, please excuse me in advance for my English, I have a problem I can't find any solution on the internet, I have defeated all the arena masters, I have beaten the league, I have unlocked the 'island after game, I caught mew, my problem is that despite the finished game the old man of Alloy city does not trigger me the quest to go capture the bird in brass Tower, so I'm currently stuck, if anyone someone knows how to unblock the situation, thank you all in advance :(

Here's a quick checklist: or check it at cheatcommads.
    Update: Ensure your game is updated.
    Revisit: Try going back to key locations or interacting with characters again.
    Online Help: Check game forums or guides for potential solutions.
    Contact Support: If all else fails, reach out to customer support.

Last edited:

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Thanks for the update! (Seriously)

Wasn't v6.1a (supposed post-Radio Tower error version) posted in July '23? Credit to being faster for this version release (much faster than last time [noice])!

Hey there, I am Soup/SourApple's admin for his discord... the patch has already updated many times over.

The current version is 6.1b and from what SourApple understands, this issue people are experiencing, are caused by their own doing, not the game itself.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • v6.1b - Maybe I missed something, was Scyther NOT meant to evolve via Metal Coat in the beta? It can still evolve thru leveling up (guessing the same as in the prior versions) but at it's level growth it glosses over it's signature move Metal Claw. Or does this move not exist in the beta as well?

That just seems so weird as Onix can evolve to Steelix whenever one uses the item (at least when attempted in prior versions).

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hi all, really loving this hack! I've completed the story and I've caught 244 Pokémon, so just 9 more to go!

I have a couple of questions:

- Where can I catch Qwilfish? It's one of the few Pokémon in my Dex I haven't caught. I'm assuming it's a rare catch via fishing.

(EDIT: Found one! Earlier in the guide someone said it's a rare spawn in Kume Point. However, I found one far quicker with a Super Rod on Route 109. It's the route between Alloy City and Blue Forest, where you can access Ampare Cavern)

- I got a Helix Fossil which I turned into Omanyte, but I can't find a Dome Fossil to get Kabuto. Does anyone know where it is?

(EDIT: Found it! It's at the bottom of the Boulder Mine. You'll need Surf and Strength - when you see a moveable boulder near the big pool of water, you've found the right place)

- Not a major one, but where about in Kanto can I get Crobat? I can evolve Golbat with friendship if absolutely necessary, I'm just curious.

v6.1b - Maybe I missed something, was Scyther NOT meant to evolve via Metal Coat in the beta? It can still evolve thru leveling up (guessing the same as in the prior versions) but at it's level growth it glosses over it's signature move Metal Claw. Or does this move not exist in the beta as well?

That just seems so weird as Onix can evolve to Steelix whenever one uses the item (at least when attempted in prior versions).

I don't believe it was intended to evolve via Metal Coat. Scizor in this game is Bug/Flying like Scyther, while Pinsir's evolution gets the Bug/Steel type instead.

Last edited:

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • I don't believe it was intended to evolve via Metal Coat. Scizor in this game is Bug/Flying like Scyther, while Pinsir's evolution gets the Bug/Steel type instead.

...That makes more sense for Scyther... Feel rather silly mentioning the issue since the 5.0 versions.

I don't think Pinsir evolved via Metal Coat though - I thought that evolution, too, was also a level up. Then again it's been a good while since I thoroughly played the game. Def nowhere close to catching them all. Qwilfish is a post-game catch if I recall - it's somewhere in this thread.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Running into same issue. Doesnt matter what side of the door. Ive tried changing text speed. Changing audio between mon or stereo. Ive tried different party members. Nomatter what it is consistantly freezing the game with rival audio looping.

Days
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I honestly didn't know the flaw was THAT bad. If possible, you might have to resort to playing an earlier version, get past that moment, and THEN update to the newest patch. I did the newest patch after reaching the Elite Four, yet to have seen anything as bad as that. I wonder if I can cause this by just entering & exiting the Radio Tower...

Update: Nope, nothing... For those that have updated before leaving the Radio Tower, does the bug happen when exiting on the Tower's left or right side? Or does it happen no matter which side one exits from?

Side doesnt matter. Just outright breaks game

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Nice knowing this game is getting updated every so often.

Hopeful to have some free time next month after being done w/ some job training.

By then there might be another update, ha!

Days
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I scrolled through this thread and couldn't find a clear answer... where can I get Eevee? I saw something about a swarm? I reallllly want to use beta Umbreon. I found a video on completing the Professor Oak challenge in this game, but didn't want to spoil too much.

If it's a swarm only, I might be out of luck, because the clock is wonky in my copy (I actually have a cartridge. V3). The time seems to progress randomly and be stuck for days.

I already made it to the Game Corner (4 badges) and have easy access to the Poison Stone.

Loving it so far btw! My team right now is: Kotora lvl 24, Houndoom lvl 25 (yassss he really should've been catchable this early in the final Johto games), Doduo lvl 24, Twinz lvl 25, Aquallo lvl 26, and Kadabra lvl 25. If I can't get Eevee I'll still enjoy the game and might just the new Weepinbell Evo as my Poison mon.

Days
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Can u get the starter as shiny by resetting? Or hav i just been wasting my time? and also is there a sprites/ shiny sprite list for this? i tried looking but didnt find it

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • I scrolled through this thread and couldn't find a clear answer... where can I get Eevee? I saw something about a swarm? I reallllly want to use beta Umbreon. I found a video on completing the Professor Oak challenge in this game, but didn't want to spoil too much.

If it's a swarm only, I might be out of luck, because the clock is wonky in my copy (I actually have a cartridge. V3). The time seems to progress randomly and be stuck for days.

I already made it to the Game Corner (4 badges) and have easy access to the Poison Stone.

Loving it so far btw! My team right now is: Kotora lvl 24, Houndoom lvl 25 (yassss he really should've been catchable this early in the final Johto games), Doduo lvl 24, Twinz lvl 25, Aquallo lvl 26, and Kadabra lvl 25. If I can't get Eevee I'll still enjoy the game and might just the new Weepinbell Evo as my Poison mon.

IF location remains the same: Eevee is before Alloy City [5th gym], the patch of grass right of the Pokébreeding couple. Same patch can also get you Ditto and Lickitung(?).

IF move pools remain the same as of v5.1, another Poison-type contendor could be Nidoran (M) [TM user Sludge Bomb] if you get it up to Lv32 (learns Dig), evolve to Nidorino and use moon stone by Lv36 for Nidoking to learn Thrash. He levels up to learn some other good moves like Earthquake and Megahorn as well. But I think Earthquake could also be learned by Wolfan(?) around the same levels (or at least egg-moved from Nidoking if you want an Ice-type w/ some ATK stats).

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024

How is it caused by our own doing?

Back