• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2021
    Hello. I am looking for at least 2 things

1. Where can i find a Light Ball?

2. Where can I find Lugia?

ETA: i found Lugia in the obvious place. I went there earlier in the game and found nothing so i assumed i needed a silver wing to spawn it.

Though, now i want to know how to locate the item that spawns the Kanto Birds, seeing as the town in this version differs from the 96 SGB version, i cannot locate the "Hydro Plant"

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    I do have a small doubt, is ghost a special attacking love and dark type a physical attacking move in Silver reforged? I did a small test on a wild Tentacruel, and crunch did more damage than a stab shadow ball. Can someone please clarify this? Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    I do have a small doubt, is ghost a special attacking love and dark type a physical attacking move in Silver reforged? I did a small test on a wild Tentacruel, and crunch did more damage than a stab shadow ball. Can someone please clarify this? Thank you!

Not sure if the type charts change it but looking at the constants in github, it does appear that dark is phys and ghost is special.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)
    I decided to start over with patch 2.0 since it has had many revisions after launch but when I got to visit Oak's lab the black borders around it were messed up, the warps work fine though and the beta music is refreshing.
    EDIT:
    Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)
    The game crashes right at the beggining of the first rival battle.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Ayee! Can someone please tell me how to evolve my Lickitung? Thank you so much!

EDIT: After referring to the Super Gold'97 thread, turns out an item called the covenant orb is required. Any idea on where I can obtain one? I just reached Alloy city. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ayee! Can someone please tell me how to evolve my Lickitung? Thank you so much!

EDIT: After referring to the Super Gold'97 thread, turns out an item called the covenant orb is required. Any idea on where I can obtain one? I just reached Alloy city. Thanks!

Checking the github link on the front page, it seems Lickitung should evolve at lvl 33. A covenant orb is used to evolve the mons that evolve by trade in gen1.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
    Checking the github link on the front page, it seems Lickitung should evolve at lvl 33. A covenant orb is used to evolve the mons that evolve by trade in gen1.

Speaking of a Covenant Orb,
    Spoiler:

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    View attachment 94397
    I decided to start over with patch 2.0 since it has had many revisions after launch but when I got to visit Oak's lab the black borders around it were messed up, the warps work fine though and the beta music is refreshing.
    EDIT:
    View attachment 94396
    The game crashes right at the beggining of the first rival battle.

You probably patched with crystal 1.0 instead of 1.1, make sure you use the correct base rom.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    The guy in the Slowpoke Well said something about Turban biting Slowpoke holding a King's rock, so do I need a slowpoke holding a King's Rock in the front of my party to find them while fishing or something?

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
    The guy in the Slowpoke Well said something about Turban biting Slowpoke holding a King's rock, so do I need a slowpoke holding a King's Rock in the front of my party to find them while fishing or something?

Turban is a separate Pokemon altogether.

Also, you can get Slowking by using a King's Rock on it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Think I may have found a bug?
    Was fighting a Rocket Scientist who sent out Porygon2, it used Conversion and turned into a Flying type, but the pokemon I had out was a Warwolf that knows Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Low Kick, and Slash. Was convenient for me sure but not how it's supposed to work lol.
    Edit: May have been fixed in 2.1, didn't notice there was an update but am not sure.
    EDIT 2: Now there's another problem... I just updated to 2.1, and now after the first turn finishes in a battle, the game resets and says game pack is meant for a gameboy color . . .

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    I am sorry for frequently posting but can someone tell me how i can teach my Pokémon substitute? Is there a TM or move tutor? If so, where exactly? Thank you

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me the location of the Dragon Scale? I'm not really sure how to evolve my Seadra.

Back