• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Damn. Still waiting! :-D

Same here. Rool said on Halloween that the reforged sprites are now completed and to keep a close watch for the final release in the next few days. Since that post was posted on Saturday and it's already been a few days from then, I'm starting to think that this hack is going to be released sometime later today on Wednesday the 4th

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This hack will be more or less what you just finished but much better in the graphics and content department. I completed the original Gold 97 hack and didn't play Super Gold 97 because I felt the new content wasn't enough for a whole playthrough. This needs to drop as Pokemon Factory Adventure is kicking my ass hard due to the ridiculous level scaling.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Another and possibly final update:

Reforged sprites are now COMPLETE! Keep a close watch for final release in the next few days!

Rool,

You told us on Saturday that the reforged sprites were completed and for us to keep a close watch for the release in the next few days. It's been a little more than a few days already and we still don't have it yet like you implied to us we would have it. Did something else come up that's preventing you from releasing it, or what?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    In my opinion he is refining the game in a way that makes a final release, with no further updates after release, so as to avoid fixing bugs and glitches. We could see it within the weekend or Monday at the latest in my opinion 🤔

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    In my opinion he is refining the game in a way that makes a final release, with no further updates after release, so as to avoid fixing bugs and glitches. We could see it within the weekend or Monday at the latest in my opinion 🤔

Okay, fair enough. Hope you're right about that

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    It's the only explanation in my opinion 🤔 let's see if I thought right😁💪🏻

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    The sprites look really nice. I'd be lying if I said I'd rather the game look like the Spaceworld demo.

I hope that you handle Imposter Oak, Silver and Giovanni well. I'm curious if you interpreted "gym leader Blue" to be Red, which would make sense even though the building in "Kanto" is called a gym unlike the 7 league buildings (and why not call him Red?). I don't think it makes sense for him to be the 7th gym leader, though.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Not so much a twist at this point, but it could still be interesting to see how the characters (especially Blue) react to him, and learn more about who he really is and what happened to the real Oak. It's really baffling that Game Freak scrapped the character, especially after the TCG ended up incorporating him.

Not going to lie: The hack could be superb in just about every way, but this element is pivotal for me. I lost interest in the previous Spaceworld hack because it stayed too faithful to the GS games we know. Also, Madame needs to have more than 420 BST, please. Sirfetch'd got 507, after all.

Finally, it would be great if a future update included the more recently revealed prototype Pokemon, even though we only have their front sprites. Some Kanto Pokemon could be excluded if the space restriction hasn't been resolved yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Not so much a twist at this point, but it could still be interesting to see how the characters (especially Blue) react to him, and learn more about who he really is and what happened to the real Oak. It's really baffling that Game Freak scrapped the character, especially after the TCG ended up incorporating him.

Not going to lie: The hack could be superb in just about every way, but this element is pivotal for me. I lost interest in the previous Spaceworld hack because it stayed too faithful to the GS games we know. Also, Madame needs to have more than 420 BST, please. Sirfetch'd got 507, after all.

Finally, it would be great if a future update included the more recently revealed prototype Pokemon, even though we only have their front sprites. Some Kanto Pokemon could be excluded if the space restriction hasn't been resolved yet.

PokeCrystal16 is getting there, so soon enough hacks with more than 256 slots will happen eventually.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022

I think the recently revealed prototypes actually had backsprites too, although some such as the squid differed from the front sprite. Also, I think that the recently revealed prototype Pokemon and the later version of the Nihon map with the magnet train (unless this hack uses it?) may actually be enough material for an entirely separate romhack (I have ideas for how one could be made, but this thread isn't really the place for it). Same goes for those '99 builds of Johto.

That said, I'm very much looking forward to the release of this hack, as it seems like it will be the definitive version of the Spaceworld '97 beta. The original aesthetics were great in their own right and set a lovely "gen 1.5" mood, but sometimes you just want your game to be in color.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • Everything looks amazing! Can't wait to try these out.

For sprite credit, is there detailed credits for which sprites are which artist, or is it to be credited to the project? I don't have anywhere to put em yet but I definitely want to give the proper credit if I do obv!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Totally worth the wait, will the new colorized tilesets be available too?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Are there any differences between the Gold version and the Silver version?

Sprites for almost all pokemon (an absolutely insane undertaking!), dex entries, encounter rates, which legendary you get first. Unlike official games you can get everything in one in one game, but some pokemon are more common in gold than in silver or vice-versa.

Back