• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gold tool - Megamap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Damn, I love this tool. Thanks for sharing it.
    (I just posted today since I now have an urge to hack Gold, XD)

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Umm, it just tells me that I need some required files! I already downloaded the one Cooley put at the end of the board and put them in the same folder. Can you please help me?

Please?

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Sorry that I could not find that, I have very limited internet access. However, MegaMap still does not work for me! It just tells me that one or more required files are missing. Sorry if this has already been answered

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Okay, I finally got it to work! I'm just wondering something, how can I add a completely new map into the game? Is it even possible?

Years
    For most hacking gold/silver tools you need all the ocx patchs files and zerolib.dll for past compatability if ur using an OS above windows 98 etc.
    What you must do is try the following promise me after this it should be compatible or file is damaged:
    1. search google for zerolib.dll and download it in the same folder as the megamap.exe
    2. Right click megamap and go to properties->compatibility->disable visual themes
    3. This step applies to most gold programs, open the program then if not working an error box will open with the name of the .OCX file-> Go to google and search the filename.ocx must write all the letters such as MSCOMCT2.OCX and COMDLG32.OCX these made all gold tools for my windows xp work. Type them in google one at a time. Most files are found on microsoft website and other IT sites.
    Reply if once getting the files in the errorbox in the same folder and changing compatibilty it does not work reply back. You may just get a error box not asking for a required file, if it does I would give up or do what I did and investigate if determined.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    This is pretty much one reason why I don't plan on writing tools in VB. :-\

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Is this tool any better than GoldMap? If so, how?
    Well Goldmap, can't edit connection data. It can't edit trigger data either. Goldmap is better for just mapping, than Megamap. Megamap is more for structural editing rather than appearance editing (goldmap).
    No, I'm pretty sure it's not possible.
    No, it's not impossible. If CoolBoyMan did it then anyone can!

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Well, then can you resize maps without it messing up the data and other crap?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2008
    MegaMap seems like a great tool, however the link in the first post is broken. Is there somewhere else that it can be downloaded?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    Download finally works though it wont open, even though i have the required files, in the same folder too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back