• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GoldenSky / SilverSea

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    https://www.spheredev.org/~dnaproduct/site/downloads.html#GSSS - Releases.

Well, hello there, I am DaVince, and I create a fangame/remake of Pokémon Gold/Silver with a few other people in a team called DNA Productions. This project has been in the making, slowly, since around June 2005.

Features
    • The GBA graphics are used, and the G/S/C exclusive graphics are revamped.
    • There will be a new region called Erata-- it's north of Bill's old home!
    • There are overall improvements and additions to the game.
    • More storyline. This means the original storyline expanded, and new, smaller side-storylines.
    • It wil feature about 50-100 of the third generation Pokémon, next to the G/S/C 251. There will be NO DS generation Pokémon and NO custom self-made Pokémon.

The Story
    Well, since this is a remake of the Gold/Silver games, it will at least feature that original storyline. The story will be expanded a bit so there's more of a storyline in Kanto, though, and there will be a lot of side-stories (including one to get Celebii, and a Ruins of Alph expansion!).

The new region Erata story is still in development. But it will at least involve one evil team again, and since Erata is an islands region, water will be an important part of the storyline. Since Johto and Kanto are our current priority, not much of the Erata story and maps have been made yet, as you can see, so this is all I can tell you about the story of the game for now.

What are you making this with?
    This game is being made with Sphere, the RPG creator faster and more flexible than RPG Maker (but also more difficult to use). The official site can be found on www.spheredev.org.

Team members
    • DaVince (that's me): I'm the team leader and do one of the most difficult jobs: scripting the game. I also maintain the latest version of the game (and releases), and I'm doing additional misc work like mapping, ripping sprites etcetera. And next to that, I develop the storyline(s) and script it into the game.
    • Jirachi - This guy makes maps, mostly Johto and Kanto ones-- and he's very good at it, too. Next to that, Jirachi makes all the new custom tile graphics (like Sprout and Radio Tower). He helps out with small stuff too, like finding information, placing people on the maps, testing new functions, stuff like that.
    • DarkLeon is a mapper too, but he concentrates more on the inside maps, which means the interior of houses and caverns. DarkLeon will also be mapping the Erata region, but currently he's mapping Johto and Kanto stuff too.

Screenshots
    Why, certainly! Here ya go.

Can I download and play?
    Sure, but keep in mind that none of the releases are full games. We upload a new release of the game every once in a while for you to enjoy!

https://www.spheredev.org/~dnaproduct/site/downloads.html#GSSSPokémon GS/SS downloads page[/url]

Things to be done before the next release comes out
    Here's a list of things to do before next release. If the whole list is completed, the next release will come out soon afterwards. :)

Script
    • New Pokémon system: done!
    • New item system: half done!
    • Data loading systems: almost done!
    • Making the game run the same speed on any pc: half done, under constuction.
    • New game saving/loading system: not started yet.
    • Better movement system: still researching.
    • GOOD battles: not started yet.

Minor script stuff:
    • Jumping and ledges: being worked on.

Game/story/maps
    • Maps till Azalea town: not finished yet. Maps currently exist till Violet.
    • Story progress till Azalea town: not finished yet. Current story goes on till Violet.

Can I help?
    We'll let everyone know when we need help. Otherwise, we probably do not need help.

Links
    A few links for you. :)
    The DNA Productions official website.
    The DNA Productions forums.

Well, that's it!

Last edited:

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    The ones you posted are like, REALLY old.

When the topic didn't pop up I thought something went wrong. Now my host is offline for maintenance. So I can't give any screenshots or links yet. :(

I'll update the first post anyway so you can see the screenshots when the host is back online.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    Hm, I meant I wanted to wait with posting the topic then until my host is online again. But it doesn't matter, there's always the old topic for a few screenshots. :P

And thanks, of course, for saving the thread.

Waudby

DaVince what happened to spheredev. I was shocked when i tried gettin on there earlier lol.

-Waudby-

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    Waudby said:
    DaVince what happened to spheredev. I was shocked when i tried gettin on there earlier lol.

-Waudby-
    Yeah, it will be down for a few days.
    I'll quote the email I got from one of the Spherical admins:

Hi DaVince,

Spherical is up for renewal again early next week. Every year, our host
    manages to do something to cause downtime, and so I strongly suggest
    that you make backups in case of data loss (make backups today if
    possible).
    I'll backup everything I can, but can't guarantee anything. If anyone
    is unable to backup themselves, tell me, and I'll make your account a
    priority (similarly, if you have backups, please tell me). If and when
    I make a backup of your subaccount, I'll post it here:
    https://www.spheredev.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1374

I highly doubt we'll lose anything (Spherical has been running for
    three years without any data loss), but I'd still like to be prepared, just
    in case. We may experience some downtime (all of my other accounts with
    the same host were renewed a few months ago, and had problems with DNS
    settings; I hope this problem has been resolved, but if the domain
    becomes inaccessible, you should still be able to access Spherical via
    https://ceylon.globat.com/~spheredev.net/). Thanks,

rjt

Btw, putting the screenshots up on another host now too.

Years
    DaVince said:
    When the topic didn't pop up I thought something went wrong. Now my host is offline for maintenance. So I can't give any screenshots or links yet. :(
    [URL-inline="showpost.php?p=2102404&postcount=2"]This[/URL-inline] is the reason why your thread didn't show up.

DaVince said:
    I'll update the first post anyway so you can see the screenshots when the host is back online.
    Just use, Imageshack, Photobucket, XS.to or any other image hosting service for your screenshots while the host is offline.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    Nah, I don't like such hosts. Uploaded the two newest screenshots already anyway. ;)
    Also; I thought it was post moderation; it said so in the 'your message has been posted' thingy, but it went away too fast to completely read it (read it using the back button).

Anyway, let's talk about the project now instead of my site which currently is offline.

I'm currently working on the battle system (don't get excited: just the bare basics for now), the trainer card, some misc menus and things, but mostly I'm currently busy finishing the storyline until Violet City. DarkLeon and Jirachi are currently finishing off all maps until Violet City. After all this, the game should be ready for first release.

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    I really like this!It's very nice.You've already gone very far into the features and all.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    Nope, for the first release we'd rather like you to be able to really play, so we're finishing up the story till Violet City and making the battle system.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    Nope. There was a custom female sprite made by Pfreck, but none of the other team members had it and he's gone now. Well, I've seen him, but he doesn't have the sprite anymore, so no female sprite yet unfortunately.

Btw, our host is back up! You can visit our site and see all screenshots/bonuses now! :D

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    This project is still alive. In fact, we will be releasing the first demo today.

After releasing this demo I'll restart a few systems FROM SCRATCH, especially the Pokémon system, because they aren't flexible, efficient and some systems just don't work well. EDIT: and they look like a mess. :D

Our relatively new team member DarkLeon (known here as D.Sephiroth) (who does the inside maps, misc person conversations and Erata maps) will be posting a few screenshots soon. I'll also notify you people when the demo has been released (later today).

Sorry for barely giving you people info, btw. I should have. XD

Last but not least: our host changed. Our main website is now found on https://www.spheredev.org/~dnaproduct/ (instead of spheredev.net).

Last edited:

D.Sephiroth

One Winged Angel
    Years
    we have some more screenshots.(i'm 1 of the 2 mappers of GS/SS)

Bellsprout tower, you can get in there right now.

MR. POKEMOn works, but there is a little bug with the fat man behing the player, and we dont have the sprite of MR. POKEMON.

you can get items from people and berry trees now.

BTW, ignore the red tiles, that you see.

Last edited:

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I'm lovin the new screens, lookin forward to this game, this is definately one of my favorites.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back