• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Harmony Version

How do you like Pokémon Harmony?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Ehhmmm... Wha? OH! Now I get it!

It seems I got confused because you posted the screenshots each close to the other, so that led me to think it was a whole map screenshot, rather than three different screenshots of locations...

:laugh:

(But, it really looked as a good map being posted in that way, except for the part when the first and second merge, which has those weird connections of tiles which I misunderstood as bad mapping, don't you think? XD)

Sorry to confuse you on that (part is your fault, anyway ;))

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • wow, i really like this game...you are an amazing tilist! and the greenery looks really exquisite (oh, yeah. i used a big word)! i can't wait for the beta.

Years
  • Thanks for the comments. Anyway, I would like to anounce that Harmony is on hold until further notice, as I really need to focus on school.

suchintan

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    id say dont have that poll until you release the beta... then people can say stuff about your game with experience

Years
  • Ooh, this hack looks really great so far! Too bad it's on hold, but school always comes first. Try not to forget about it though. 8D
    I agree with suchintan -nodnod- voting only off screenies and the plotline and such can be vague, but keep up the great work! ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    Nice, only, the tiles are dark, I don't
    know its because of the rain of in the whole game?

Years
  • Thanks for the comments. Work on Harmony is slowly coming back. I have made some new tiles for Sunflower City and Sunflower Field. Here is a small demo map that demonstrates them (There are also some trees that do not have giant sunflowers on them).

Pokémon Harmony Version

Also, about the poll, that was there because people were not posting in the thread.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Ah... Weird how the trees has those big blooms of sunflowers on top of them... I can't see the logic, but nah~ Everythings possible in POKEMON, right? :D

It looks very pleasing to the eyes. So harmonic...

A slow progress, yet so good. I wish you the best of luck!

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • hmmm not quite sold on the new tiles
    they aren't bad...but they just seem weird.
    I'd suggest you come up with a completely different bottom to the sunflower tiles instead of making them have tree bottoms
    either way, I'm glad to see this thread active again
    best of luck!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments. Work on Harmony is slowly coming back. I have made some new tiles for Sunflower City and Sunflower Field. Here is a small demo map that demonstrates them (There are also some trees that do not have giant sunflowers on them).

Pokémon Harmony Version

Also, about the poll, that was there because people were not posting in the thread.
    I'm greatly impressed by your imagination, Don. Adding enormous sunflowers on top of trees adds a great effect to "Harmony", or better known as your tiles being harmonic. I think it would go good with lighter tiles though, I think they're a bit dark. It's just my opinion, ignore it as much as you want.

And I agree with Erimgard, having completely different stumps to the bottom of the trees should be, maybe, a bit longer?

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
    Years
  • harmony version seems to be very good keep up the good work and if any help need i will offer assistent in anything i can do.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • Actually, the sunflower trees have something to do with the storyline (You have to save the only Sunflora of Sunflower Field, and the trees have something to do with it).

I wondered if it might be a storyline thing.
    In that case, it sounds good to me. The tiles are quite well made, and I like a good story twist :D

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Ehhhmmm... Well, I'm not that OK with the tree with the giant flower on the top, the problem is that, in my opinion, doesn't look realistic... Wouldn't it be the same if many flowers (or sunflowers, as you seem to call'em) were to blossom from inside the tree (hope you get the idea of what I mean, the sunflowers popping out from the tree), that way it'd look more beautiful, because putting just one giant flower on the top gives me the impression that you were a bit lazy when creating the new tree -_-

But are the sunflowers on the ground supposed to be as big? (That's something I don't like that much about your flowers tiles... They tend to be too big, almost as the size of the hero)

As always, take this as my personal opinion ;)

Years
  • Yes, that is your opinion, and I did take it into consideration, but the tree turned out much worse. I am still trying to make a new one that looks right.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I have a tileset update. I am adding much more!

Pokémon Harmony Version

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • looks great Don Patch
    The only ones I don't like are the two in the top right hand corner
    I've seen you use similar style tiles before, and I've never really been a fan of them. but the others look great

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back