• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Heliodor - Feature Expansion of Emerald

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023

Pokémon Heliodor

GitHub Link

Discord Link

This is a modification of Pokémon Emerald intended to be an interpretation of the "definitive" Generation 3 Hoenn concept while still fitting firmly within the official game ecology.

The highest design priorities are 100% compatibility in terms of:
    • Multiplayer
      • No changes made should interfere with any link capability with Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed, Pokémon LeafGreen, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire, Pokémon Colosseum, or Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
    • Inter-generational Transfer
      • Every Pokémon obtained should completely be legal (indistinguishable from a Pokémon obtained in an official game, using PKHeX's legality checker as the reference as opposed to Game Freak's) once transferred to a Generation 4 game, with one outlier.
      • The exception to this will technically be illegal until it enters a Generation 7 game, but there should be no issues transferring it through Poké Transporter to Pokémon Bank.
    • Save Files
      • There should be no (significant) issues importing your save file from Pokémon Emerald to Pokémon Heliodor and vice versa.
      • This allows Pokémon Heliodor to, in effect, be treated similar to an expansion pack in which if a player has already completed Pokémon Emerald, this can be used to "unlock" extra content/features for that playthrough.

Changes
    • All 386 Pokémon available within Generation 3 are obtainable.
      • Pokémon not normally found in Pokémon Emerald are generated with different game IDs, languages, and pseudo-random number generation methods to replicate the encounters in which they can normally be found in other games.
      • This includes new wild encounter tables post-National Dex acquisition, additional gifts, in-game trades, and an extended roamer quest.
        • If importing a save file from Pokémon Emerald after capturing/defeating the roaming Latias/Latios, speak to the new NPC at the Weather Institute to force the next roamer to initialize.
    • An egg incubator is available for use that relies upon the real-time clock instead of the step counter.
    • All tutor moves found in Generation 3 games are available for purchase at the Battle Frontier.
    • Moves learned by level-up exclusively in Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen are added to the learnsets.
    • Evolution items and Kanto-exclusive held items are available for purchase at the Battle Frontier.
    • The remainder of the Kanto-exclusive items are available at the Lilycove Department Store.
    • For Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness players, Poké Coupons that have been transferred to the cartridge can be used to purchase rare items.
      • Poké Coupons can also be obtained by trading in Battle Points at the Battle Frontier.
    • e-Reader functionality has been restored with version and language restrictions removed.
      • The Legendary Titan dolls can be obtained without issue.
      • e-Card berries can be obtained, although Japanese berries will (obviously) have text errors.
        • The Game Boy Kid in the Cove Lily Motel has an e-Card to scan, allowing an e-Card berry to be obtained without having access to an e-Reader.
      • The Eon Ticket can be obtained, but the event text is slightly garbled.
        • The Eon Ticket can also be obtained during normal gameplay after defeating the Elite Four for the first time.
      • e-Card trainers will be saved, but can not actually be found to battle.
    • Altering Cave's wild encounters cycle through the unreleased Mystery Gift tables every day.
    • The Pokémon summary screen now shows correct information for all locations in Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, as well as Pokémon CrystalDust.
    • Breeding mechanics have been changed.
      • Both parents can now pass down Nature and moves.
      • The "Masuda Method" is implemented.
      • A bug affecting IV inheritance has been fixed.
    • If the first member of the party is holding a Scope Lens, only Pokémon of that species will be found in the wild as long as that species is available at that location.
    • Methods to aid in obtaining Shiny Pokémon have been added.
      • As mentioned above, the Masuda Method is implemented.
      • Once the National Dex has been completed, Shiny Charm functionality is activated. (no item needs to be obtained for any of the Charm effects)
      • Successively encountering the same species of Pokémon will increase the odds of encountering a Shiny Pokémon.
    • Once the Hoenn Dex has been completed, Oval Charm functionality is activated.
    • Once the Elite Four has been defeated, Exp. Charm functionality is activated.
      • Catch rates are also boosted by 50% at this point.
    • Net Ball, Dive Ball, and Repeat Ball mechanics have been updated to match the changes made in Generation 7.
    • If any member of the party holds an Exp. Share, the whole party receives experience points from battle.
    • Legendary Pokémon (and Sudowoodo) that have been defeated without being caught will respawn when the Elite Four is defeated.
      • The respawn will only trigger if the Pokémon is not registered as "caught" in the Pokédex, so trading over a legendary Pokémon will interfere with this.
      • Roaming Pokémon will respawn instantly somewhere in the region when knocked out.
      • After every 10 Elite Four victories, all Legendary and Mythical Pokémon (and Sudowoodo) will respawn whether they've been captured or not.
    • The clock offset can be changed by pressing 'B', 'Left', and 'Select' on the title screen.
    • Secret Power, Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, and Dive can be used as long as one of the party members is capable of learning the move.
      • The respective badge is still required.
    • EVs are capped at 252 per stat instead of 255.
      • The cap on EVs able to be earned through vitamins has been removed as well.
    • The battle and summary screens report the correct type and base power for Hidden Power.
    • Synchronize's field effect is 100% effective.
    • If the first member of the party has Lightningrod or Flash Fire as its ability, there is a 50% chance of finding a Electric or Fire-type Pokémon respectively in a wild encounter if an applicable encounter is possible in that area.
    • Catching a Pokémon yields experience points.
    • All TMs are purchasable.
    • HM moves can be forgotten without the use of the Move Deleter.
    • Trade evolutions can be triggered be leveling up in the Union Room.
      • The Union Room can be entered without the Wireless Adapter connected.
    • Level-up evolutions can be triggered at level 100 by using a Rare Candy.
    • The IV Judge at the Battle Frontier gives specific numbers for all stats.
      • Next door, there is an EV Judge as well as an EV Reseter.
      • An IV Judge is also at the Day Care on Route 117.
    • A clock has been added to the start menu.
    • Pokémon have slight differences in coloration that varies with the individual.
    • Eggs are colored based on the Type(s) of the Pokémon inside.
    • A system similar to Pass/O/Rotom Power has been added and can be accessed through the Power Pad, a Key Item found in the Bag by default.
    • The real-time clock effects the world visually.
    • Trading restrictions with all Generation 3 games besides Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness have been removed.
    • A Premier Ball can be obtained as a gift for every 10 Poké Balls (of any kind) purchased at the Poké Mart.
    • After a Repel's effect wears off, and if the player has more Repels in their Bag, they will be asked if they would like to use another immediately without having to go into the menu.
    • Holding 'B' while surfing will cause a movement speed increase.
    • The Bag inventory can be sorted.
    • Two more Key Items can be registered to 'L' and 'R' to be used in the field.
    • Numerous small features and graphics have been changed/added and bugs have been fixed.

Known Issues

• If the game is saved on a map that has contains a new NPC and transferred to Pokémon Emerald, the game will freeze if the now-invisible NPC is spoken to.
      • This should not be a big deal, since leaving the map removes the issue, so it seems unlikely major progress can be lost this way.
    • If an e-Card berry is obtained, the description text will be offset by a variable amount when viewed in Pokémon Emerald. The berry's actual functionality should be unaffected, however.
    • If one of the new roaming Pokémon is caught in Pokémon Emerald, it will not have the correct origin game ID.
      • If you are swapping your save file between versions, only capture roaming Pokémon while playing Pokémon Heliodor.

If you encounter any other issues, especially relating to the three compatibility principles above, please let me know.

Instructions

The release patch can be applied to a dump of Pokémon Emerald with a sha1 sum of
    Code:
    f3ae088181bf583e55daf962a92bb46f4f1d07b7
    using a program such as beat or Floating IPS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    What is the Ruby/Sapphire used for?

It effects the roamer spawns and which Lati will be at Southern Island. It also determines the origin game for Pokémon not normally found in Emerald. If you have the Sapphire, they are set as coming from Sapphire or LeafGreen, depending on species; if not, they are set as Ruby or FireRed. One of the In-game trades changes based on which gem you have as well. You never actually use it, it just has a passive effect that pretty much introduces a couple "version-exclusive" features.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Cool. the only problem with mgba i found is I can't seem to get multiplayer going, meaning I can't get a 100% complete pokedex without loading the save file in emerald on vba-m or vba link (i have to use emerald because this hack freezes after a few minutes on emulators that aren't mgba) (in some cases you can't find encounter wild pokes at all)(myboy! is an example)

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Cool. the only problem with mgba i found is I can't seem to get multiplayer going, meaning I can't get a 100% complete pokedex without loading the save file in emerald on vba-m or vba link (i have to use emerald because this hack freezes after a few minutes on emulators that aren't mgba) (in some cases you can't find encounter wild pokes at all)(myboy! is an example)

Interesting. I've done all my testing in mGBA and an actual GBA. I've had no issues linking with either. I just tested a trade in the current version using mGBA 0.8.4 and it went through without a hitch. I'll check out the different VBA forks and My Boy!, but to be honest, I'm not super interested in figuring out workarounds for specific emulators. If a feature works on official hardware but not in some emulator, in my mind that is an emulator bug and not a game bug.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2021
    I am really impressed, I like quality of life improvements and the way you implemented them. I am a big fan of Crystal Dust and your compatibility feature made me smile.

I have a couple questions and feature requests tho, of course it's all up to you but they would help a lot.
    1. Are we able unlock all Nintendo events? (Eon, Mystic, Aurora Tickets etc.)
    2. How did you implement other legendary Pokémons? Like Mewtwo. Would help if you can release a doc for locations and events.
    3. Feature Request: Trade simulation for trade evolutions (Throwback added this to Bill's house)
    4. Feature Request: IV, EV, Hidden Power viewer on pokemon profiles in a new tab.
    5. Feature Request: 252 EV hard cap maybe?
    6. Feature Request: Toolkit key item as HM replacement, it can be used when required HM is acquired. Skipping HM slaves and playing with your dream team is nice.

I'll be playing and reporting bugs if I find any, thank you for your hard work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I am really impressed, I like quality of life improvements and the way you implemented them. I am a big fan of Crystal Dust and your compatibility feature made me smile.

I have a couple questions and feature requests tho, of course it's all up to you but they would help a lot.
    1. Are we able unlock all Nintendo events? (Eon, Mystic, Aurora Tickets etc.)
    2. How did you implement other legendary Pokémons? Like Mewtwo. Would help if you can release a doc for locations and events.
    3. Feature Request: Trade simulation for trade evolutions (Throwback added this to Bill's house)
    4. Feature Request: IV, EV, Hidden Power viewer on pokemon profiles in a new tab.
    5. Feature Request: 252 EV hard cap maybe?
    6. Feature Request: Toolkit key item as HM replacement, it can be used when required HM is acquired. Skipping HM slaves and playing with your dream team is nice.

I'll be playing and reporting bugs if I find any, thank you for your hard work.

I'm glad you're enjoying the project!

The event tickets are all obtainable, although some are easier to get than others:
    • Old Sea Map: This will be given to you at the Cove Lily Motel after registering all non-mythical Kanto Pokémon in your Pokédex.
    • Mystic Ticket: This will be given to you at the Weather Institute after completing the roamer quest (capturing Latias/Latios, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.) The roamer researcher at the Institute will mark the active roamer as "seen" in your Pokédex to help you track it down easier.
    • Eon Ticket: After defeating the Elite Four, the delivery man will be waiting on the second floor of the Pokémon Centers with this item.
    • Aurora Ticket: This will be given to you at the Mossdeep Space Center after registering all non-mythical Hoenn Pokémon in your Pokédex.

For the other legendaries/mythicals:
    • Mewtwo: After defeating the Elite Four, Mewtwo will be on Mirage Island. (The island will be visible as long as Mewtwo is active. Once it's captured, the island will return to its normal mechanics, so make sure to grab the Liechi Berry while you're there!)
    • Celebi: An Ageto Celebi will be given to you at the Cove Lily Motel after registering all non-mythical Johto Pokémon in your Pokédex.
    • Jirachi: A Wishmaker Jirachi will be given to you at the Cove Lily Motel after registering all non-mythical Hoenn Pokémon in your Pokédex.

For the rest of the Pokémon, you can check the encounter data here. It should be fairly easy to figure out if you search the page for the species you're looking for. Anything you can't find there will be a stationary encounter, trade, or a gift.

As for your requests, the first two were actually features I had started planning out before deciding that they had a little too much of a "non-Game Freak" feel to me for them to fit in. The EV cap is a pretty good idea that I haven't thought of. I think it should probably be fairly easy to implement, so I'll look into it. In regards the the HM item, I specifically did not create any new items to maintain save compatibility with Emerald. You might have noticed the the Charm effects just change probabilities without actually granting you an item. I might look into allowing HMs to be used as long as you have a species in your party that has the ability to learn each HM, but I'm not sure what the complexity for that will be.

I very much appreciate the feedback, though, and I hope you're having fun with the game!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I'm glad you're enjoying the project!
    As for your requests, the first two were actually features I had started planning out before deciding that they had a little too much of a "non-Game Freak" feel to me for them to fit in.
    In Crystal Clear, there's this NPC called the "tradeback guy." Though it's closed source so I can't say for sure, it pretty much presents itself the same sequence as an ingame trade. Except you're trading around the same pokemon.

Would something like that work?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey The roaming Lati and the Eon ticket Lati aren't decided by the same flag. I found this out because I played as a girl and got the ruby, but got two Latios

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    In Crystal Clear, there's this NPC called the "tradeback guy." Though it's closed source so I can't say for sure, it pretty much presents itself the same sequence as an ingame trade. Except you're trading around the same pokemon.

Would something like that work?

I've seen a couple implementations that do that, but the visuals are a little janky as it either looks like you trade for a clone or do two trades in a row with a dummy Pokémon. If I was doing something with FRLG, I'd probably be okay with allowing evolutions to take place if a Rare Candy is given at the Network Center. I'll do some thinking and see if there's something I can come up with that would be satisfying visually and lore-wise.

Hey The roaming Lati and the Eon ticket Lati aren't decided by the same flag. I found this out because I played as a girl and got the ruby, but got two Latios

Thanks for pointing that out. It took a while for me to catch the actual issue, but it should be fixed now. I'll be posting a new patch soon. If you'd like, you can send me your save file and I can fix it so that Latias will be on the island for you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    cool. just lemme get the save ready.
    View attachment Heliodor.sav
    Note: the Skarmory in one of the boxes and my party were edited, but it was just the moves for 5 of the 6 party members, the origin game for the Skarmory (you can catch it in Emerald) and both for the Magneton (same deal here)
    Only issue, I caught the second Latios, so should I just edit it to be a Latias with a legal moveset?
    Also, where's the Kanto Starters? Can you can even get one without trading?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    cool. just lemme get the save ready.
    View attachment 96324
    Note: the Skarmory in one of the boxes and my party were edited, but it was just the moves for 5 of the 6 party members, the origin game for the Skarmory (you can catch it in Emerald) and both for the Magneton (same deal here)
    Only issue, I caught the second Latios, so should I just edit it to be a Latias with a legal moveset?
    Also, where's the Kanto Starters? Can you can even get one without trading?

Here you go. There's now a Latias waiting for you on Southern Island. Make sure you catch it on the current version, since if you load this save with the v2 patch (which I still haven't finalized), it'll be a Latios again lol

For the Kanto starters the in-game trade NPC at the Battle Frontier has them and will offer one (the species is determined by which Hoenn and Johto (if you've gotten one) starters you picked). In your case, since you started with Treecko, they would currently offer Bulbasaur, but if you wait until you unlock the Johto starter and pick Cyndaquil, they'll have Squirtle. If you pick Totodile, they'll have Charmander. It's intended to predict what your starter choosing strategy is: whether you want to have all the same type, or one of each type. Of course, it doesn't take into consideration someone simply picking their favorite out of each trio. It also falls apart if you trade other Johto starters over, as Emerald doesn't actually keep track of which Johto starter you pick since Game Freak never used that info, so the script just checks Pokédex data. If you have zero or more than one Johto starters registered, the fallback is to offer you the same type as your Hoenn starter. And just like the Hoenn starters, trading is required to get all the Johto and Kanto starters since you only get one of each trio.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do I need my Johto starter to enable the Kanto Starter trade? I talked to the NPC you mentioned but she's not trading. The flag's not set either. Also, you might want to alter the post game encounters a little bit because Shroomish is impossible to get after beating Wallace if you don't trade

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Do I need my Johto starter to enable the Kanto Starter trade? I talked to the NPC you mentioned but she's not trading. The flag's not set either. Also, you might want to alter the post game encounters a little bit because Shroomish is impossible to get after beating Wallace if you don't trade

Yep, looking at the script, I realize I had forgotten that I set a requirement to get the Johto starter first, I think because I thought it might be a bit weird if the request changed if you talked to them first, but didn't trade and then came back after getting the starter.

Thanks for pointing out the Shroomish issue. It completely skipped my mind that Petalburg Woods was the only location it's found at.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    v002 has been published.

Changes:
    • Secret Power, Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, and Dive can now be used as long as one of the party members is capable of learning the move.
      • The respective badge is still required.
    • EVs are now capped at 252 per stat instead of 255.
      • The cap on EVs able to be earned through vitamins has been removed as well.
    • New Egg met location text has been added.
    • The trainer tip sign on Route 113 now lists all 3 item registration buttons.
    • The Eon Pokémon that spawns at Southern Island has been corrected.
    • Shroomish no longer goes extinct during the post-game migrations.

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    Hey! This looks really cool. I have a few questions:

1) Are there any plans for increased TM availability?
    2) How about being able to delete HM moves? Given they are basically just TMs since they don't need to be taught to be used, I think it makes sense?
    3) "Successively encountering the same species of Pokémon will increase the odds of encountering a Shiny Pokémon." - I feel like this would decrease the value of a shiny encounter. Maybe it's just me though.
    4) What other features are planned for development?

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Hey! This looks really cool. I have a few questions:

1) Are there any plans for increased TM availability?
    2) How about being able to delete HM moves? Given they are basically just TMs since they don't need to be taught to be used, I think it makes sense?
    3) "Successively encountering the same species of Pokémon will increase the odds of encountering a Shiny Pokémon." - I feel like this would decrease the value of a shiny encounter. Maybe it's just me though.
    4) What other features are planned for development?

Thanks!

1) I'd like that; any suggestions? I'm pretty burnt out on shop menu population, so I'd rather not just put them up for sale. Maybe an NPC at the Battle Frontier that gives a random TM every day, kind of like the Berry Master? That might be cool, but of course you'd be facing 1/50 odds if you're looking for a specific TM.
    2) That's a good idea, especially since the official DS games block HMs from Pal Park. It shouldn't be too difficult, so that'll probably be in the next patch.
    3) This is definitely something I was cognizant of when implementing that feature and I was going back and forth for a while on whether it was something I actually wanted to do. Ultimately, I went through with it since I really liked the Poké Radar in Gen 4 and wanted to do something similar. Of course anything that increases availability will decrease "value", but the same argument can be raised regarding the Legendaries and Mythicals. Is a Mewtwo caught in Heliodor worth less because you didn't play through Kanto? Is the Mew less valuable since you didn't acquire an actual Japanese Emerald cartridge and attend Pokémon Festa or PokéPark? The argument can be made that any Pokémon encountered in Heliodor is worthless as even though I've taken great care to ensure they appear 100% legal and end up byte-for-byte identical to Pokémon encountered in an official Gen 3, they are still not generated by official software and hardware and are thus not legit. I think this is important to think about, but ultimately it becomes a personal question of how you view this digital data. Luckily for those who don't believe that altering shiny mechanics is okay, it's fairly difficult to accidentally take advantage of this feature. I might end up adding a chance of failure to the Scope Lens to debuff it a bit, though. In regards to shinies losing value from a marketplace perspective, as it's been argued that modern games have done, I don't expect to have a large enough player base to have an effect on the economy such as that.
    4) There's nothing major I have in mind currently. I didn't even think about release until I finished all the features I wanted to add. The other day I thought about giving out EXP when a Pokémon is caught, as I liked that addition in Gen 6, but I think that'll take a bit more research into how battles work. I am willing to take suggestions into consideration, though. I am a bit picky, but there's always good ideas out there that I'd probably never think of.

Thanks for your attention!

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    1) I'd like that; any suggestions? I'm pretty burnt out on shop menu population, so I'd rather not just put them up for sale. Maybe an NPC at the Battle Frontier that gives a random TM every day, kind of like the Berry Master? That might be cool, but of course you'd be facing 1/50 odds if you're looking for a specific TM.
    2) That's a good idea, especially since the official DS games block HMs from Pal Park. It shouldn't be too difficult, so that'll probably be in the next patch.
    3) This is definitely something I was cognizant of when implementing that feature and I was going back and forth for a while on whether it was something I actually wanted to do. Ultimately, I went through with it since I really liked the Poké Radar in Gen 4 and wanted to do something similar. Of course anything that increases availability will decrease "value", but the same argument can be raised regarding the Legendaries and Mythicals. Is a Mewtwo caught in Heliodor worth less because you didn't play through Kanto? Is the Mew less valuable since you didn't acquire an actual Japanese Emerald cartridge and attend Pokémon Festa or PokéPark? The argument can be made that any Pokémon encountered in Heliodor is worthless as even though I've taken great care to ensure they appear 100% legal and end up byte-for-byte identical to Pokémon encountered in an official Gen 3, they are still not generated by official software and hardware and are thus not legit. I think this is important to think about, but ultimately it becomes a personal question of how you view this digital data. Luckily for those who don't believe that altering shiny mechanics is okay, it's fairly difficult to accidentally take advantage of this feature. I might end up adding a chance of failure to the Scope Lens to debuff it a bit, though. In regards to shinies losing value from a marketplace perspective, as it's been argued that modern games have done, I don't expect to have a large enough player base to have an effect on the economy such as that.
    4) There's nothing major I have in mind currently. I didn't even think about release until I finished all the features I wanted to add. The other day I thought about giving out EXP when a Pokémon is caught, as I liked that addition in Gen 6, but I think that'll take a bit more research into how battles work. I am willing to take suggestions into consideration, though. I am a bit picky, but there's always good ideas out there that I'd probably never think of.

Thanks for your attention!

1) Hmm, I feel like my ideal solution might be something like a shop/NPC with a few (anywhere from 2 to 5) TMs for sale, and the selection changes randomly every day. That way the chance isn't 1/50, and it kinda reminds me of Tom Nook's store which is neat. A little bit of an advanced request, but would be really cool!

3) If it only triggers when encountering the same Pokemon in succession without interruption, then I agree, it would be hard to take advantage of unless you're using the Scope Lens. Which I would be fine with to be honest, because at least I know that if I don't use the Scope Lens, I am pretty much using full odds.

4) Oh, I forgot about EXP on catching, I would appreciate that for sure!

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2021
    go4edVHN_o.png

Poké Mart has enough space for one more NPC, you can add an another person there and let them sell TMs, maybe 4 or 5 TMs for each town/city. It would be a good pokédollar sink and wouldn't break compability. Also thank you for considering 'tradeback guy' evolution method.

This is the best Emerald enhancement hack I have played so far and I think it'll be complete after TM availability update. It would be nice to see IV, EV and Hidden Power for creating battle ready Pokémons without third party software, but I'll not insist.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    v003 has been published.

Changes:
    • Trade evolutions can be triggered be leveling up in the Union Room.
      • An offline version of the Union Room can now be entered without the Wireless Adapter connected.
    • Level-up evolutions can now be triggered at level 100 by using a Rare Candy.
    • The IV Judge at the Battle Frontier now gives specific numbers for all stats.
      • Next door, there is also an EV Judge as well as an EV Reseter.
    • The battle and summary screens now report the correct type and base power for Hidden Power.
    • All TMs are purchasable at the Battle Frontier Poké Mart.
    • HM moves can be forgotten without the use of the Move Deleter.
    • Synchronize's field effect is now 100% effective.
    • If the first member of the party has Lightningrod or Flash Fire as its ability, there is a 50% chance of finding a Lightning or Fire-type Pokémon respectively in a wild encounter if an applicable encounter is possible in that area.
    • Catching a Pokémon now yields experience points.
    • Latios now spawns correctly at Southern Island if Latias is chosen as the roamer in Emerald before transferring the save file to Heliodor.
    • Scope Lens is now identified correctly and now has a 2% failure rate.
    • A new version of Sierraffinity's day/night system has been ported over.
    • Checking the Incubator's status now triggers a clock update so that the estimate it gives is more accurate if a lot of time has been spent inside a Pokémon Center without going outside.

If someone is interested in figuring out good locations to spread the TMs out to Poké Marts around Hoenn in a way that doesn't detract from the normal acquisition of them (primarily the gym rewards), I'm opening to redistributing them.

Back