• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Hollow Woods

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    splashscreenf.gif
    Pokémon Hollow Woods
    DISCORD
    (Download can be found in the Discord server or in the posts below)

Summary
    Welcome to Oblar, a Pokémon region split between two factions.
    Your mother, the leader of the Lavender Faction, tasks you with researching Oblar's unique Pokémon species.
    But you find much more: an ancient and mysterious Pokémon, an organization with questionable motives, tales from Oblar's past, and plenty of intrigue...
    ...all centered around Oblar's Great Forest, where a powerful force is said to lurk.

Spoiler:

Features
    • A carefully curated regional Pokédex, featuring Pokémon and moves from the first 8 generations.​
    • A balanced experience crafted by a team of competitive Pokémon players. Though this is by no means a "kaizo" game, it should be difficult enough to provide some challenge to even experienced players.​
    • 37 regional forms of existing Pokémon currently obtainable, with more planned for future releases.​
    • 39 formal side quests, plus a variety of smaller content unlockable through player interaction.​
    • "Secret Spots" - areas accessible with a special item that contain rare Pokémon and/or items.​
    • "Super trainers" - extra-challenging trainers that will challenge you only if you battle every other trainer on a route.​
    • A variety of new game options, including Nuzlocke mode and level caps for those that want a difficult experience, as well as infinite rare candies and autoheal for those that want a more casual playthrough.​
    • A custom soundtrack featuring remixed versions of existing Pokémon tracks, with more to come in future updates!​
    • Exp. Share options - experience sharing can be disabled entirely, enabled from the Bag to give Exp. to all Pokémon, or given to one specific Pokémon to share Exp. with just that Pokémon.​
    • In-game time cycles with no relation to real time, enabling the player to find different Pokémon available only at certain times of day.​
    • Some of your favorite characters from canon Pokémon games have cameo appearances.​
    Screenshots
    Promo Art.png

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The current release (1.0.2) is a demo that contains about half of the content planned for the main story (8-10 hours of content). This is my first project to be released publicly, and one that I have been polishing and reworking for many years. I hope you enjoy, and please join the discussion in our Discord server (linked above).​

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This looks real dope! Congratulations on releasing your first project! I really like the premise of what you've laid out, not to mention that regional variant Cacturne caught my eye in the screenshots. I looked forward to you releasing the full version when you get to it!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Update - I've released version 1.0.4 of Hollow Woods! This version fixes a few bugs found in the original release. Consider this a "Day 1" patch. The update is recommended to avoid a few crashes, but not necessary to play through the game.

As always, our Discord is the best place to get the most updated, bug-free patches. For some reason, Pokecommunity won't let me update the OP, so I'll be posting updates in new posts here as well. Thanks to all who have joined and played so far!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Update: version 1.0.5 has been released with some critical bugfixes! I recommend downloading the update if you're midway through a playthrough. As always, a patch version (smaller download) can be found on our Discord server!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you, @Safr!

In other news...the latest version is live! You can download the full game here, or a patch by joining our Discord server. Thank you to everybody who has left kind words about the game or taken time to play through.

As we continue to develop the second half of the game, please give us your feedback! What drew you in? What made you end your run? We want this game to be as enjoyable as possible, and that is a collaborative effort with you all :). Thank you!

Back