• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: "Pokémon Ice" 2004 GBC Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jun 19, 2005
One thing I've noticed already about the hack is that when you choose your starter Pokemon, all the sounds are the ones for Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chikorita.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to play it tonight, but I'll probably end up playing it all tomorrow. :p

[Edit] - Dude, that's messed up. I could have sworn the message I was replying to was one on the thread for Pokemon Nature!

Oh well. To make good on this, I now have to play your game too. :p (I was going to download it before now, but have been lazy . . . Is there a beta out yet?)

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Umm thanks... but I can handle sprites.
Yeah the starters sound like the orginal Pok?mon, let me just find the sound byte. :p *Still wonders about the trainer sprites*

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 19, 2005
Music:

Structure:
[7E][xx][00]

7E = sound TRACK instruction
xx = number of the sound TRACK

Tones:

Structure:
[83/84][xx][00]

83 = Music Bank 1; Pokemon Sounds
84 = Music Bank 2; Other sounds e.g recieve Item,Phonecall and Sh*t

Oh! why cant you swear here?

Jeremy

Years
Thanks! Anyway we can't swear cuz this place donesn't alow it. :p *Curse'n kinda determinds your character if you know what I mean*

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Sorry for not posting here a while. I've been busy on my project.
Well, I looked at Frostbite today and personally think they're great!
I'm glad more people have gained interest in Ice and hope you
keep pleasing us members of the community by carrying on the good work!

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 19, 2005
Oy! Pika2 - Can i do your title screen?
Like this

ICE VERSION(in big writing)
Pok?mon

Misterious creature

Snow instead of cloud
(c)by mosta or whatever

Jeremy

Years
Thanks Daegon_Kimeron! Mean_Mr_Mustard it's Monst?! I'm not mosta or whatever. And I'm perfectly fine with my title screen.
I'll more screens later. Also who got some suggestions for the hack? Please post them.

Last edited:

chris p. bacon

i got a girlfriend
Years
nice work how about one of the cities has a lake that once flowed through the town but now is frozen and you slide around. all your sprites are cool i just love 'em. more more i want more lol ^_^. i just cant wait for ice; {shivers} i wonder why it suddenly got cold. congrats with the hack and i hope you finish soon but dont rush 'theres no substatute for quality'

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
Years
Oh! I love suggestions!
hm- What about...A wolly mamoth pokemon! (A donphon is kinda the closest thing to a elephant/mamoth there is so far) Oh, or a caveman pokemon. similar to mr.mime, but the sterotypical cave man. He couldn't look to human though, that'd be confusing with trainers and stuff. Snowy Owls are a cool idea for a flying type. Hm, whale (there are already a few i think). Oh, and there could be a little pokemon that like shimmers, and is psycic type, and evolves into this huge bird kinda pokemon, and shimmers like an aurura borealis (sp***). Hm, and a little fur-ball! Like a tribble; a combination of zigzagoon and silcoon.

(in other themes-) Hm, what about Ice/Snow tunnels. Oh! And ski lodges! And you could need skies to get down some hill (kinda like the bike path)

And rather unrelated; the image of Jigglypuff encased in Ice is coming to mind for some reason; wasn't that from the series? OH! You could have some fire attack be an HM, to defrost things. Am I getting to much into the plot? sorry n.n'
Is it to late to make a cameo?

Jeremy

Years
Thanks alot! I was itching to make a human Pok?mon! Anyway I'm working on a Dolphin Pok?mon.When I was 10, I made some "homemade" Pok?mon Cards, and made a Pok?mon called Darllpint male and Darllpint female. The male is rude while the female is intelligent. The female is stronger in attack while the male is stronger in defense. When I found my homemade Pok?mon yesturday, I'm deciding to put them in my hack, thanks LiL LiL Monst? *me :P at 10*. Well thanks for the suggestions, and yes there's room for cameos. :D

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2004
i like pokemon and i would like to give u some suggestions

bagon with wings and a fire tail like charizard's -evolves-> shelgon with spikes all over the shell to make it look inpenetreble -evolves-> salamence, make it with other parts of cool pokemons

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
PIKA2 i have some questions for you:

1) how did you come up with the idea for this hack?
2) did you know exactly what you wanted to do..or did your ideas evolve through time?
3)How far are you in making your hack?
4) When do you project for it to be finished?
and finally...
5) any plans on making a follow up game?

PS...IF YOU DONT WANT TO POST THE ANSWERS HERE...PM THEM TO ME

Last edited:

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
Years
PIKA2 said:
The male is rude while the female is intelligent.

Happens all to often if ya know what i mean :dead:

And why are people asking the same questions over and over again? He'll say the distribution date when he gets it, or when he wants to! Asking a million times ain't gonna make'm say "Well, I wasn't going to...but Okay!" *Sigh*

And (more suggestions, whoo hoo!) what about a reindeer pokemon (christmas comes to mind) and dove (white? snow? I dunno) hm.

Oh gawd, ::laughs at the thought of the pokemon he made up back then:: I created this weird grimer/doduo combination thing, that was hilariouse LOL.

Oh! Trainer Idea: Shopping Mall Santa Clause's! Their everywhere, I bet they'd have pokemon. OH! And their pokemon could be nicknamed prancer, and dancer and rudolph or what ever. That'd be intresting.
I love this thread...lol...

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 19, 2005
CAMEO: Hey mate,Just last night- I told my wife it was chilly outside...and
she ran out with a spoon!

Jeremy

Years
O_O;

Anyway, I was working on a Raindeer Pok?mon, and isn't in it, he leaves ya a very special present. ;) Well, I'm glad that people are intrested in my hack agian.

1) how did you come up with the idea for this hack?
Took some of the data I found in my older hack, Colbat (not distributed, and nothing like Cartmic's. cuz this hack was a "pratice hack" if I my say.
2) did you know exactly what you wanted to do..or did your ideas evolve through time? Both, at first I had the beginning of the game ready, then as time grew more and evloved over the months.
3)How far are you in making your hack? Far enough to show those screens. :P
4) When do you [think] project for it to be finished?
and finally... Great work is never rushed. *not exactly sure*
5) any plans on making a follow up game?
I was thinking about making a Sapphire hack called Pok?mon Ice Blue (PKMN Trainer Jeremy's version), but it's not a sequeal to Monst?'s version, more like based on it. And for yall who are wondering why I have 3 names, let me break it down for yall.LiL Monst? is my name, I call myself that when I'm doing stuff what nobody else expects, like do something new, *like making the most orginal Pok?mon, or the first Vietnamese rapper ;).* PKMN Trainer Jeremy is my name at Nintendo.com, I like calling myself this when I hack or play Pok?mon games to seem to fit right in, but still a little different. :P And PIKA2, is the name that kinda merges my 2 personalities into one. ^_^ Yes, I'm "unique".

I'll post more screens later, cuz school is getting alittle more, "meaner" if ya know what I mean. >_<

Liger Zero

Zoid Fan
Years
Here is an idea I made up,a polar bear pokemon! Use it if you want.If you use it here is a cameo-They discovered a new type of pokemon. It looks a bit like an Ursaring, however its blue. weird, huh.

THIS GAME IS COOL. PIKA2 YOU ARE COOL!!!

Years
oke i have found a good program to chance pokemon but now i need a name changer

and piKA2 WITCH Program do you use to chance the trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back