• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    just got the hack, think i found a minor bug. the ace trainer in the second floor of rustboro's apartment building down and to the left of the pokemon center disappeared when i left and returned to the floor. my assumption, based on his dialogue, is that he was supposed to be replaced with a hiker who comments on gaining weight afterward, similar to the ace trainer in the same location in oras.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2021
    First i'm loving playing this hack. Despise been the old emerald map, using the new mons is awesome!!

I got a issue tho. I bought an ability patch, however when i use it on greninja the only option avaliable is "torrent" (she have infiltrator), there is any other way to make her protean? I really want to keep her around since she is my starter.

TY VERY MUCH. Keep the good work

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey, thanks!
    1. Yeah it's pretty silly, if you get an attack boost or two on it you just win most battles.
    2. Gym difficulty is mostly dependent on your team; I could make it harder by making it a double battle, but other than that there's not too much I can do to it until gen 8 mons are ready.
    3. The frontier will eventually provide that! But yeah, bug fixes first. The last thing I want is frontier streaks being ruined by some random battle engine bug.

Inteleon's got great stats but not much else; I think some movepool changes are all it really needs though.

Hey, caps are the same on every difficulty - that's why they're a separate setting you chose at the start of the game. I do need to update the OP with the other options though!

Are you on an outdated version of the hack?

Its the 1.8.2, but not a huge deal though. I know you've been busting your ass since launch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2021
    Hey Buffel, I figured I'd mention here that Shell Smash has no battle animation, at least when I'm using it with my Blastoise. There's just a very quick flash and then the stats lower/raise

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    just got the hack, think i found a minor bug. the ace trainer in the second floor of rustboro's apartment building down and to the left of the pokemon center disappeared when i left and returned to the floor. my assumption, based on his dialogue, is that he was supposed to be replaced with a hiker who comments on gaining weight afterward, similar to the ace trainer in the same location in oras.
    Yep that's correct! Should be fixed now, though only for new saves/people who haven't talked to the ace trainer yet.
    First i'm loving playing this hack. Despise been the old emerald map, using the new mons is awesome!!

I got a issue tho. I bought an ability patch, however when i use it on greninja the only option avaliable is "torrent" (she have infiltrator), there is any other way to make her protean? I really want to keep her around since she is my starter.

TY VERY MUCH. Keep the good work
    Thanks! Are you sure you're using an ability patch and not an ability pill?
    Its the 1.8.2, but not a huge deal though. I know you've been busting your ass since launch.
    Oh, strange. It wasn't holding an Everstone or something like that? It's working fine on my end.
    Hey Buffel, I figured I'd mention here that Shell Smash has no battle animation, at least when I'm using it with my Blastoise. There's just a very quick flash and then the stats lower/raise
    Hey, that's been fixed recently. Or at least it should've been.

Also, version 1.9 is up! Changes listed here: link.

Years
    • Seen today
    Dunno if it's fixed yet , but i encountered a weird bug. One of the Kecleons east of Foretree City sometimes caused the game to crash. I think the cable car in Mt. Chimney too at one time ; weirdly enough after that i never encountered any crashes from the same location.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Hey can you guys help me find the coin case?? The lady that gives it out doesn't seem to have it…

You have to go back to slateport to buy an ice stone as she says she wants one, and you trade it for the coin case, in vanilla emerald its a harbour mail.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know if it has been reported or not, but registering Roxanne in the Pokenav when you get it in Rustboro is quite buggy.
    - Even if the game tells you that you registered her, if you go to the Pokenav she won't be there.
    - I don't remember if this is what happened as I was in fast mode, but I believe that the dialogue was also duplicated.
    - After playing for a while she will contact you like the OG game did and now she'll be registered.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2021
    So as of version 1.9 these are some bugs I found:

1. Abomasnow cannot learn Aurora Veil by TM, but can learn it via relearner, and even after learning it still shows "not able" when prompted to choose a pkmn to learn Aurora Veil by TM when it should be "Learned".

2. Eeveelutions that "illegally" have moves from other eeveelutions still show "not able" when choosing a pokemon to learn a move that it already has (e.g. Umbreon is "not able" to learn Calm Mind when it already learned the move by devolving from Espeon, so the text should show "Learned")

3. Level 100 pkmn cannot gain EVs in battle, even when holding a power item, but they can still gain EVs from Evie.

4. Corrosion does not work at all. The bug reports file only says it fails for poison types but steel types still remain unaffected. The Toxic animation still shows but nothing happens after.

Also, the new animations are cute! Finally Gardevoir isn't flapping its arms lmao

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    can we get the end scene when we talk to wally for when we repeatedly beat the elite 4 shortened and remove may and birch coming?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Sorry if this has been answered, but my memory is foggy. So if I use a power items, regardless of the Pokemon I battle, my Pokemon holding the power item will get the EVs in the description (like a power bracer will only give attacks EVs no matter the Pokemon I battle), right? If so, how many EVs does the power items yield? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry if this has been answered, but my memory is foggy. So if I use a power items, regardless of the Pokemon I battle, my Pokemon holding the power item will get the EVs in the description (like a power bracer will only give attacks EVs no matter the Pokemon I battle), right? If so, how many EVs does the power items yield? Thanks!

If you read the (Training Guide) it clearly states:
    Power items now give 16 EVs per KO instead of 8. Additionally, they stop the holder from gaining
    "natural" EVs – they'll only get the 16 EVs from the item.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    If you read the (Training Guide) it clearly states:
    Power items now give 16 EVs per KO instead of 8. Additionally, they stop the holder from gaining
    "natural" EVs – they'll only get the 16 EVs from the item.

Thank you so much! I didn't realise there was a training guide for some reason, my bad.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Dunno if it's fixed yet , but i encountered a weird bug. One of the Kecleons east of Foretree City sometimes caused the game to crash. I think the cable car in Mt. Chimney too at one time ; weirdly enough after that i never encountered any crashes from the same location.
    I don't know either, need more information than that! Were you on the latest version, which emulator were you using, were you fastforwarding at the time, etc. etc.
    I don't know if it has been reported or not, but registering Roxanne in the Pokenav when you get it in Rustboro is quite buggy.
    - Even if the game tells you that you registered her, if you go to the Pokenav she won't be there.
    - I don't remember if this is what happened as I was in fast mode, but I believe that the dialogue was also duplicated.
    - After playing for a while she will contact you like the OG game did and now she'll be registered.

Spoiler:
    Should be easy enough to fix. That was done very early on, so I guess I wasn't confident in deleting her Pokenav call at the time. Not sure why she's not getting registered but I'd guess it just needs a flag to be set.
    So as of version 1.9 these are some bugs I found:

1. Abomasnow cannot learn Aurora Veil by TM, but can learn it via relearner, and even after learning it still shows "not able" when prompted to choose a pkmn to learn Aurora Veil by TM when it should be "Learned".

2. Eeveelutions that "illegally" have moves from other eeveelutions still show "not able" when choosing a pokemon to learn a move that it already has (e.g. Umbreon is "not able" to learn Calm Mind when it already learned the move by devolving from Espeon, so the text should show "Learned")

3. Level 100 pkmn cannot gain EVs in battle, even when holding a power item, but they can still gain EVs from Evie.

4. Corrosion does not work at all. The bug reports file only says it fails for poison types but steel types still remain unaffected. The Toxic animation still shows but nothing happens after.

Also, the new animations are cute! Finally Gardevoir isn't flapping its arms lmao
    I'll definitely fix Abomasnow not getting Veil via TM, not sure if I'll change the learned/unable thing though as that's how it works in vanilla (see the Surf Pichu event). While it would make sense to show learned, it's also good to show that the move can't be re-taught with a TM if forgotten. Should be easy enough to fix the other two issues!
    Yeah the new animations are much better , I love the spinning/flipping Magnemite one.
    can we get the end scene when we talk to wally for when we repeatedly beat the elite 4 shortened and remove may and birch coming?
    Yeah, I need to remove that for rematches at some point.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    I know it's a very small/rare occurrence but when Pokerus gets cured, a dot appears between the pokeball and the "Lv" in the pokemon description. I'm not sure if this is intentional.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I know it's a very small/rare occurrence but when Pokerus gets cured, a dot appears between the pokeball and the "Lv" in the pokemon description. I'm not sure if this is intentional.
    That's normal. Pokerus still works after it's cured, it just stops spreading. The dot shows that it's cured.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2024
    Hey, just started this recently with a friend and I just want to know what it's like shiny hunting for a starter. I noticed that the shiny odds have been increased significantly, but I know the original release of Emerald had broken RNG when it came to shiny starters and I don't think it showed the shiny in the starter portrait either. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2022
    Hi, is there any chance that a sunform Cherrim fix is coming in the near future? Not sure how high on your list of priorities it is but I would greatly appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know either, need more information than that! Were you on the latest version, which emulator were you using, were you fastforwarding at the time, etc. etc.

I used 1.8 version , and i used mGBA with 0.92 version . Fastforwarding , if you meant pressing speed button , i didn't do it at the time . I toggled on auto-run though

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, just started this recently with a friend and I just want to know what it's like shiny hunting for a starter. I noticed that the shiny odds have been increased significantly, but I know the original release of Emerald had broken RNG when it came to shiny starters and I don't think it showed the shiny in the starter portrait either. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    They don't show in the portrait, but other than that it's not too bad. I got a shiny starter in about ten resets, but of course it's all RNG at the end of the day. Just make sure you reset properly instead of using a save state.
    Hi, is there any chance that a sunform Cherrim fix is coming in the near future? Not sure how high on your list of priorities it is but I would greatly appreciate it.
    Hey, it's fairly low on the list at the moment as it's just a visual bug, and the Cherrim/Castform code is nasty. I've tried to fix it, but had to shelve it as it wound up being overly complicated and will need some massive changes to bring it in line with the other form changes.
    I used 1.8 version , and i used mGBA with 0.92 version . Fastforwarding , if you meant pressing speed button , i didn't do it at the time . I toggled on auto-run though
    You should probably update, 1.8.2 fixed an issue with the audio that could cause freezing. Could be that was the cause but there's no way to tell. Please don't report bugs in future if you're not on the latest version!
    And yeah I meant the speed up button, it's buggy on mGBA unless you use the dev build.

Back