• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I understand it says to use mGBA, but I have an IPhone and can't figure out how to get mGBA, so I'm using GBA4IOS.

I'm having an issue with a black screen when transitioning from battles and the bad to the overworld. Any hopes of fixing this?

Or can anyone show me a decent way to get mGBA on my IPhone?

Thanks a lot

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2022
    Trying to find a way to get the coin case. I know in og Emerald you need to get Harbor mail from Slateport, but can't seem to find it here. Where is harbor mail located?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Found another small bug: i can't check my EVs anymore when i want to change my pokemon's EVs (I talk to Evie and select the Add EV option and i would normally see my pokemon's EVs here)
    Yep I've fixed that one, will be working again in the next release!
    Hey im having a bug where after i beat the 7th gym every fight is always an inverse battle i thought it was maybe i was just in lilycove but everywhere i fight its always an Inverse battle. Btw my version is 1.11 because i didn't want to start a new but i may have to start a new one because of this bug.
    Hey, save files will always work with newer versions, you should update. To fix the inverse bug just talk to Tate & Liza again (this is no longer an issue on 1.2 onwards).
    If you're looking for some ideas for the Megas, I got some:

Gen 1: Parasect, Hypno
    Gen 2: Xatu, Sudowoodo, Dunsparce, Octillery
    Gen 3: Delcatty, Ninjask/Shedinja, Chimecho
    Gen 4: Wormadam/Mothim, Carnivine, Lickilicky
    Gen 5: Liepard, Zebstrika, Seismitoad, Scolipede, Maractus, Zoroark, Swanna, Beheeyem, Cryogonal, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Hydreigon, Volcarona
    Gen 6: Diggersby, Pyroar, Gogoat, Pangoro, Furfrou, Barbaracle, Klefki, Avalugg
    Gen 7: Toucannon, Crabominable, Oricorio, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Araquanid, Shiinotic, Salazzle, Comfey, Golisopod, Pyukumuku, Komala, Dhelmise

Went for a mix of Pokemon that could use some Mega help, and some that would be cool to see (just like Game Freak lmao)

As for the Ultra Necrozma changes, I'd say make it a Mega Evolution, increase its BST to 780 and buff Neuroforce, but still make it have to hold a Mega Stone so that it's at least somewhat balanced.

And for the crashes, I was usually in the overworld, mainly happening in Petalburg Forest, though it did also happen in battle a lot.
    Yeah lots of options for megas! Some of those would be tricky to design I think but a lot of them are good candidates.
    "but you'll need to tell me exactly what froze to get a useful answer!"

Well, that's the tough part to pinpoint as it really might freeze at many moments. From overall comments we see that it freezes mostly when entering/exiting buildings, florests and caves, but also had problems after finishing battles be it wild or NPC. One time it also crashed while I checked the move tutor after 3rd gym.
    That's very strange, I'm not really sure what to suggest. Which emulator are you using?
    Just completed my first challenge mode playthrough of the game! I posted my team in the hall of fame discord.

I had a lot of fun with this, despite the bugs. Looking forward to seeing this become more polished and I will definitely do another playthrough once the Gen 8 stuff gets put in.
    I'm also looking forward to seeing what kind of buffs you will be giving to the weaker mons of Galar! The changes you make to the weaker Pokemon is what makes these hacks so fun in the first place. I almost can't go back to vanilla Pokemon.
    Awesome, looks like a fun team! Nice to see the Hitmonchan buff was enough to make it good! Galar will be interesting, lots of weak mons with great designs and others that have some obvious changes (why doesn't the haunted tea learn Scald?).
    I understand it says to use mGBA, but I have an IPhone and can't figure out how to get mGBA, so I'm using GBA4IOS.

I'm having an issue with a black screen when transitioning from battles and the bad to the overworld. Any hopes of fixing this?

Or can anyone show me a decent way to get mGBA on my IPhone?

Thanks a lot
    Sadly if JohnGBA has accuracy issues there's nothing I can do about it. You can set up retroarch with mGBA on iphone by following this: https://docs.libretro.com/guides/install-ios/.
    Trying to find a way to get the coin case. I know in og Emerald you need to get Harbor mail from Slateport, but can't seem to find it here. Where is harbor mail located?
    Talk the lady who gives you coin case and it'll all be clear!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I noticed a weird thing when i take the starters into starter-exclusive move tutor ( i bring Sceptile and Primarina ). For some reason , Sceptile can't learn Frenzy Plant or Grass Pledge ( says it doesn't have enough bond ) , yet Primarina , whose happiness is lower than Sceptile , can learn Hydro Cannon and Water Pledge.

Is this a bug or something ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hey, really enjoying this hack so far, but I've found some potentially game-breaking bugs related to moves! I'm on Android using "My Boy!" and any time an enemy pokemon uses Stomping Tantrum, First Impression, or Revelation Dance, the game freezes. There might be more moves, but these are the ones I've had issues with. Doesn't matter what pokemon I am using against the opponent and turning battle animations off doesn't make a difference either. Hasn't been too big of an issue so far, but there's a trainer at the very beginning of Flannery's gym that has a pokemon that uses Stomping Tantrum so I'm effectively softlocked :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    is it possible to put an EV viewer even earlier in the game? i understand if you need the EV npc to stay in fallarbor town, but I was saving EV training till I got there only to be outsped by things like wattson's lanturn and magneton or my sceptile being outsped by manectric, making me assume he already has full 512 investment, which left me a little annoyed. I don't like ev training if I can't see when I'm actually done or not or if I need to get rid of EVs without blindly guessing. - I get I am on Hard/Challenge mode, so I'm not looking to nerf his actual team or EV spreads (though every electric type getting Aurora Beam makes him pretty hard to wall for being the 3rd gym leader, at least you get the tutor yourself afterwards), but is it possible to have an EV-checking key item?

also, for a buff suggestion, do you think there's anything else to give to mothim? i have yet to see a rebalance hack where he's anything but a suboptimal quiverdancer that is totally outclssed... not necessarily a mega, though i won't be upset if you go crazy and make it a simple quiver dancer...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Would it be possible to have an item to evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu? Admittedly salty I trained a Pichu for nothing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    That's very strange, I'm not really sure what to suggest. Which emulator are you using?

I used my usual VBA, tried version 1.8 next and then mGBA which oddly enough didn't work on my pc, being the first time I had this problem with an emulator.
    I stopped playing after 4th gym, but I'll still keep my eyes on this hack for a future new attempt anyway and thanks for your work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I noticed a weird thing when i take the starters into starter-exclusive move tutor ( i bring Sceptile and Primarina ). For some reason , Sceptile can't learn Frenzy Plant or Grass Pledge ( says it doesn't have enough bond ) , yet Primarina , whose happiness is lower than Sceptile , can learn Hydro Cannon and Water Pledge.

Is this a bug or something ?
    Could be a bug, what are you using to check their happiness?
    Hey, really enjoying this hack so far, but I've found some potentially game-breaking bugs related to moves! I'm on Android using "My Boy!" and any time an enemy pokemon uses Stomping Tantrum, First Impression, or Revelation Dance, the game freezes. There might be more moves, but these are the ones I've had issues with. Doesn't matter what pokemon I am using against the opponent and turning battle animations off doesn't make a difference either. Hasn't been too big of an issue so far, but there's a trainer at the very beginning of Flannery's gym that has a pokemon that uses Stomping Tantrum so I'm effectively softlocked :(
    Hey, that's been fixed. Please make sure you're on the latest version before reporting bugs!
    is it possible to put an EV viewer even earlier in the game? i understand if you need the EV npc to stay in fallarbor town, but I was saving EV training till I got there only to be outsped by things like wattson's lanturn and magneton or my sceptile being outsped by manectric, making me assume he already has full 512 investment, which left me a little annoyed. I don't like ev training if I can't see when I'm actually done or not or if I need to get rid of EVs without blindly guessing. - I get I am on Hard/Challenge mode, so I'm not looking to nerf his actual team or EV spreads (though every electric type getting Aurora Beam makes him pretty hard to wall for being the 3rd gym leader, at least you get the tutor yourself afterwards), but is it possible to have an EV-checking key item?

also, for a buff suggestion, do you think there's anything else to give to mothim? i have yet to see a rebalance hack where he's anything but a suboptimal quiverdancer that is totally outclssed... not necessarily a mega, though i won't be upset if you go crazy and make it a simple quiver dancer...
    I'm working on adding another page to the summary screen that shows IVs and EVs (no need for the old binary hack method with an extra item just for that!), but I'm having some graphical issues with it so it may not be in the game for a while. Wattson doesn't have full 510 EV spreads (except for his Manectric), that'd be far too early for that! He does have max speed on most of his mons though.

Yeah Mothim's hard to buff in a way that makes it different from the other bug/flying Quiver Dancers without just making it the best one, I'll see what I can do!
    Would it be possible to have an item to evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu? Admittedly salty I trained a Pichu for nothing.
    Yes! I'll be making that possible next patch.
    I used my usual VBA, tried version 1.8 next and then mGBA which oddly enough didn't work on my pc, being the first time I had this problem with an emulator.
    I stopped playing after 4th gym, but I'll still keep my eyes on this hack for a future new attempt anyway and thanks for your work.
    There's a reason the first post explicitly says not to use VBA; the freezes you're seeing are VBA bugs, not bugs with the hack. I definitely won't be fixing them! mGBA should work on pretty much anything, what problem are you having with it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    I've been a fan of your work for quite some time Buffel, coming from Eternal X and Photonic Sun, so it's nice to finally see you releasing a new project. I wish you good luck on your hacking! This might be your best one yet.

The difficulty is driving me nuts this time, though 😞 It took me several hours to build a team capable of beating Wattson. As another user mentioned before, he is just too hard for that point. His mons are too fast and come with their strongest moves and good EV spreads. This is just a suggestion, but I think you should weaken him a little, since you need to wait until Fallarbor to start EV-training efficiently, and that's literally the next city after his Gym.

Also, is there another way of getting a Pokémon with its hidden ability other than catching it with a Dream Ball? Cause I wanted to try out Triage Meganium or Protean Greninja, but since you can only get them as gifts/game corner prizes, that's not an option.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    There's a reason the first post explicitly says not to use VBA; the freezes you're seeing are VBA bugs, not bugs with the hack. I definitely won't be fixing them! mGBA should work on pretty much anything, what problem are you having with it?

I downloaded the game in a different site first that had no mentions of suggested emulator, then I came here after the freezes and got mGBA after my first question and reading more comments.
    The emulator just crashed right away when opening the game a few times. I was no longer on the mood to check configurations/set up and never used it before so decided to leave it for another time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've been a fan of your work for quite some time Buffel, coming from Eternal X and Photonic Sun, so it's nice to finally see you releasing a new project. I wish you good luck on your hacking! This might be your best one yet.

The difficulty is driving me nuts this time, though 😞 It took me several hours to build a team capable of beating Wattson. As another user mentioned before, he is just too hard for that point. His mons are too fast and come with their strongest moves and good EV spreads. This is just a suggestion, but I think you should weaken him a little, since you need to wait until Fallarbor to start EV-training efficiently, and that's literally the next city after his Gym.

Also, is there another way of getting a Pokémon with its hidden ability other than catching it with a Dream Ball? Cause I wanted to try out Triage Meganium or Protean Greninja, but since you can only get them as gifts/game corner prizes, that's not an option.
    Thanks!

What was your team going in to the Wattson fight? There are currently some major issues with the experience system that will be fixed next patch, so if you had anything less than a fully evolved starter and a team at about that level that'd be a big part of the problem. His team is absolutely meant to outspeed yours, but most of them don't hit as hard as they could. I'll consider making some changes to him if he's still overwhelming in the next version though!

Yep, you can use an ability patch on a mon to switch to its Hidden Ability.
    I downloaded the game in a different site first that had no mentions of suggested emulator, then I came here after the freezes and got mGBA after my first question and reading more comments.
    The emulator just crashed right away when opening the game a few times. I was no longer on the mood to check configurations/set up and never used it before so decided to leave it for another time.
    Ah I see. IMO it's best not to download those pre-patched ROMs. I've learned from my previous hacks that the people making them can't follow basic instructions, don't bother to include the documentation and tend to miss important details like that. Chances are they haven't even patched the right ROM 😅.
    I totally understand needing a break after dealing with that! When you're ready to try again I'd suggest testing a clean ROM with mGBA; if that works then the issue is the pre-patched ROM. mGBA is usually very good and shouldn't need any configuration except for control settings.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    having a problem here. I want to evolve my Eevee into a Sylveon, but its at a really high happiness already, so it evolves into Espeon. What do I do?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    having a problem here. I want to evolve my Eevee into a Sylveon, but its at a really high happiness already, so it evolves into Espeon. What do I do?
    That'll be fixed in the next update, Sylveon will take priority over the happiness evolutions. You'll either have to use a lot of herbal medicine or wait until then!
    Is disabling the auto-run possible?
    Kinda, hold B to walk until get around to making it a toggle.
    I'm using the usual Verdanturf happiness checker , Sceptile is on "it likes you a lot" phase while Primarina is on "it;s getting used to you" phase ,
    Seems it is bugged! It was tricky to find but it'll be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for reporting this!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    Hiya friend, absolutely brilliant work here. I've largely stuck to yours and Dray's mods for the past few years and you have not let us down whatsoever here.

I do have one quick request, which is whether the person who allows you to devolve your Eevee could possibly have an option to also reset Eevee's happiness to below 160 (maybe someone to set any pokemon's happiness to 0 for Frustration purposes, or a held item that could do this if that's possible)?

I wanted to Devolve my Sylveon and make it a Jolteon to learn Volt Switch, then change it back to a Sylveon, however I'm struggling pre-Lavaridge herb access to lower the happiness to a point where it doesn't automatically evolve into Espeon or Umbreon on level up. Realise it's super minor compared to everything else.

I suppose an alternative solution is make Sun/Moon stones the evolution option for Espeon/Umbreon so only Sylveon is the level up option, but not sure if you'd want to do that.

Oo, and one final piece of feedback - it's a bit difficult to scan the Pokemon Locations doc at times, with it being grouped by location times rather than in access order. I might be alone in this but I like being able to roughly plan my teama by understanding what areas I'll have access to, but with the non-access order Locations doc, this becomes difficult. It's more of a problem with the new areas, because I'm never quite sure when I'll have access to it!

But great job, honestly. Such minor issues, but for something only a few weeks old, it's feeling really polished already.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    Cool stuff, is there a way to grind up Pokemon faster or some grinding spots like with Audinos and such?
    Thanks

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Seems it is bugged! It was tricky to find but it'll be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for reporting this!

Thank you for the answer. Also , i'd like to elaborate further on Mosdeep battle bug , which is ; don't try to revive Steven's Pokemon in the double battle.
    It locks you into the summary screen ; So your best bet is keep his Pokemon survive at all costs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hiya friend, absolutely brilliant work here. I've largely stuck to yours and Dray's mods for the past few years and you have not let us down whatsoever here.

I do have one quick request, which is whether the person who allows you to devolve your Eevee could possibly have an option to also reset Eevee's happiness to below 160 (maybe someone to set any pokemon's happiness to 0 for Frustration purposes, or a held item that could do this if that's possible)?

I wanted to Devolve my Sylveon and make it a Jolteon to learn Volt Switch, then change it back to a Sylveon, however I'm struggling pre-Lavaridge herb access to lower the happiness to a point where it doesn't automatically evolve into Espeon or Umbreon on level up. Realise it's super minor compared to everything else.

I suppose an alternative solution is make Sun/Moon stones the evolution option for Espeon/Umbreon so only Sylveon is the level up option, but not sure if you'd want to do that.

Oo, and one final piece of feedback - it's a bit difficult to scan the Pokemon Locations doc at times, with it being grouped by location times rather than in access order. I might be alone in this but I like being able to roughly plan my teama by understanding what areas I'll have access to, but with the non-access order Locations doc, this becomes difficult. It's more of a problem with the new areas, because I'm never quite sure when I'll have access to it!

But great job, honestly. Such minor issues, but for something only a few weeks old, it's feeling really polished already.
    Hey, thanks!
    I'll be changing the way Eevee evolves next patch so that Sylveon gets priority over the happiness evos - it's much easier to forget a fairy type move than lower happiness! I want to keep its evo methods the same so that Espeon can still be obtained before the first Sun Stone.

I think some notes on where the new areas are would be useful, I'll add those to the docs. Rearranging it to be in access order would be tricky though! A lot of areas are optional, and some sub-areas require HMs or items to access, so there's no real linear order to follow.
    Glad you're enjoying it so far though!
    Cool stuff, is there a way to grind up Pokemon faster or some grinding spots like with Audinos and such?
    Thanks
    Thanks! Not yet, adding something like that is on the todo list though.
    Thank you for the answer. Also , i'd like to elaborate further on Mosdeep battle bug , which is ; don't try to revive Steven's Pokemon in the double battle.
    It locks you into the summary screen ; So your best bet is keep his Pokemon survive at all costs.
    No problem! That multi battle is going to need some serious work I think, it's been redone using a feature from the battle engine but there are clearly some problems with it.

Back