• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    why is a lv 92 mega gardevoir faster than 290. i shouldn't be so salty that it's faster than vikavolt because vikavolt is broken too, but jesus man
    Base 100 speed can hit 302 speed at level 92. If Vikavolt's max speed it'll outspeed that even with a bit of a level gap.

MYRedchimp

Experienced Nuzlocker/Challenge Runner
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2022
    Is there anywhere to see levelup movepools. I'm at flannery trying to see when I can get slack off on my snorlax as I have a baton pass team setup for it and sand rush excadrill setup by espeon/sand stream gigalith but I can't find anywhere on how to get it on my snorlax or when it learns it. I need it since snorlax's health being high is needed for the volcarona and don't want to have to swap teams

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is there anywhere to see levelup movepools. I'm at flannery trying to see when I can get slack off on my snorlax as I have a baton pass team setup for it and sand rush excadrill setup by espeon/sand stream gigalith but I can't find anywhere on how to get it on my snorlax or when it learns it. I need it since snorlax's health being high is needed for the volcarona and don't want to have to swap teams
    Try checking the in-game Pokedex!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2021
    I'm currently on my second playthrough and I can't see myself loosing interest anytime soon. The level scaling is a godsend, both for having swapping in new members into a team and for playing at my own pace. Thank you for making this romhack Buffel Saft 😁. I think I've encountered some bugs though:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm currently on my second playthrough and I can't see myself loosing interest anytime soon. The level scaling is a godsend, both for having swapping in new members into a team and for playing at my own pace. Thank you for making this romhack Buffel Saft 😁. I think I've encountered some bugs though:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Glad you're enjoying it! The first bug's listed in the OP, and the second one is just because Kyurem has a Choice Specs.

Edit: Just released version 1.12, which fixes some bugs and updates mega evolution mechanics to gen 7, meaning that any speed changes are applied right away instead of the next turn. Details here: link

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2021
    Glad you're enjoying it! The first bug's listed in the OP, and the second one is just because Kyurem has a Choice Specs.

Thanks for the reply 👍. Kyurem + Draco Meteor + STAB + Choice Specs = Yep, Kyurem doesn't really need anything else as long as it's not facing a Fairy type 😁.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    I don't know if any of the people who developed this game are around or if there is anyone who can pin this message to the general chat so they can see it. I just wanna say this is the best rom hack I've ever played and it might be the best pokemon game I've ever played. everything from the quality of life improvements to the challenging gym leaders and trainers. I have enjoyed the game very much. already over 100 hours in and I just beat the elite 4 and the champion. I never knew such a great pokemon game could exist. I just wanna say thank you for the extra work you guys put in it really made the game special and rewarding. I would love to see more games in the future get this treatment by you guys. posted this in the discord as well I just wanted to people who worked on this to have a chance to see my thank you.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    For some reason , i can't patch the 1.12 version using my 1.10.2 GBA ROM.
    It says , : An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT.

How do i fix this ? FYI , i used mGBA version 0.92

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    For some reason , i can't patch the 1.12 version using my 1.10.2 GBA ROM.
    It says , : An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT.

How do i fix this ? FYI , i used mGBA version 0.92

You can only patch a clean emerald ROM. You can't patch a version that's already patched.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2023
    Not a bug, but a minor exploitable interaction that I don't believe is implemented properly:

If a Pokemon with Regenerator uses Healing Wish, it faints but then comes back to life after switching out. This only applies to Alomomola and Audino though, so it's not that big of an issue.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I don't know if any of the people who developed this game are around or if there is anyone who can pin this message to the general chat so they can see it. I just wanna say this is the best rom hack I've ever played and it might be the best pokemon game I've ever played. everything from the quality of life improvements to the challenging gym leaders and trainers. I have enjoyed the game very much. already over 100 hours in and I just beat the elite 4 and the champion. I never knew such a great pokemon game could exist. I just wanna say thank you for the extra work you guys put in it really made the game special and rewarding. I would love to see more games in the future get this treatment by you guys. posted this in the discord as well I just wanted to people who worked on this to have a chance to see my thank you.
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! Not sure if I'll be making more hacks after this one, still plenty left to do on it.
    Not a bug, but a minor exploitable interaction that I don't believe is implemented properly:

If a Pokemon with Regenerator uses Healing Wish, it faints but then comes back to life after switching out. This only applies to Alomomola and Audino though, so it's not that big of an issue.
    That's definitely a bug, it might do the same thing with Explosion, Memento etc. Will fix!

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Found another bug during the Greta battle. That or Electric Surge is bugged. When she sends in her Tapu Koko, the terrain/Electric Surge seems to overwrite Trick Room, and the battle proceeds as if Trick Room has ended or was never set up.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Found another bug during the Greta battle. That or Electric Surge is bugged. When she sends in her Tapu Koko, the terrain/Electric Surge seems to overwrite Trick Room, and the battle proceeds as if Trick Room has ended or was never set up.
    Could you provide some more information? I can't see any reason that would happen in the code, what moves/Pokemon etc. were involved?

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Could you provide some more information? I can't see any reason that would happen in the code, what moves/Pokemon etc. were involved?

Could it be because of Volt Switch?

Turn 1:
    -Landorous either sets Stealth Rock or uses EQ. (Usually, it sets up Stealth Rocks.)
    -Carbink uses Trick Room.

Turn 2:
    -Carbink uses Self-Destruct. I send in Primarina. (Turn 1 of Trick Room)

Turn 3:
    -Primarina KOs Landorous with Hyper Voice. Greta sends out Breloom. (Turn 2 of Trick Room.)

Turn 4:
    -Primarina KOs Breloom with Moon Blast. Greta sends out Tapu Koko.
    -Electric Surge battle text appears. The trick room expiration message doesn't appear. (Turn 3 of Trick Room)

Turn 5:
    -Tapu Koko uses Volt Switch and KOs Primarina.
    -Greta sends out Heracross.

Thankfully, Marowak and Magearna carry me through the rest of the fight. However, when I set up Trick Room again, Greta's Tapu Koko still somehow outspeeds and gets off a Volt Switch.

floofyneko69

Floofy Neko
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2022
    Would you happen to know if there's a way to edit save files in this rom hack anyway? Me and a friend of mine want to do a challenge with this preferred rom hack but it involves editing our save files based on certain rules

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    Would you happen to know if there's a way to edit save files in this rom hack anyway? Me and a friend of mine want to do a challenge with this preferred rom hack but it involves editing our save files based on certain rules

No general tool to my knowledge no. However on a limited level you can edit the save with the egglocke tool on the discord. It's pretty customizable.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hey there! This isn't a bug or anything, but would you consider changing the gender ratios of Combee/Salandit someday? They're still currently at 87.5% chance of being male (even the Pokedex says this), and their evolutions require them to be female. It would be kinda frustrating if someone found a shiny of them only ending up being male :( Might be a bit understandable for Salandit because wild Salazzle can be found (low chance), but there's no wild Vespiquen.

As always, thanks for your hard work!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2022
    Problem with patching Inclement Emerald to version 1.12

When I patch a 16 MB trashman emerald ROM, it goes successfully until I open the game and load a save file. When I've opened it the sound is very buggy and I can't even move.

I've played the entire time on mGBA and even defeated the champion.
    A person on Reddit told me my savefile isn't compatible with the new version.

So can I solve this problem and get the game to update successfully?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Could it be because of Volt Switch?

Turn 1:
    -Landorous either sets Stealth Rock or uses EQ. (Usually, it sets up Stealth Rocks.)
    -Carbink uses Trick Room.

Turn 2:
    -Carbink uses Self-Destruct. I send in Primarina. (Turn 1 of Trick Room)

Turn 3:
    -Primarina KOs Landorous with Hyper Voice. Greta sends out Breloom. (Turn 2 of Trick Room.)

Turn 4:
    -Primarina KOs Breloom with Moon Blast. Greta sends out Tapu Koko.
    -Electric Surge battle text appears. The trick room expiration message doesn't appear. (Turn 3 of Trick Room)

Turn 5:
    -Tapu Koko uses Volt Switch and KOs Primarina.
    -Greta sends out Heracross.

Thankfully, Marowak and Magearna carry me through the rest of the fight. However, when I set up Trick Room again, Greta's Tapu Koko still somehow outspeeds and gets off a Volt Switch.
    Thanks for the info! Will look into it.
    Hey there! This isn't a bug or anything, but would you consider changing the gender ratios of Combee/Salandit someday? They're still currently at 87.5% chance of being male (even the Pokedex says this), and their evolutions require them to be female. It would be kinda frustrating if someone found a shiny of them only ending up being male :( Might be a bit understandable for Salandit because wild Salazzle can be found (low chance), but there's no wild Vespiquen.

As always, thanks for your hard work!
    Hey! I'll consider it but that doesn't really solve the shiny problem unless I make them 100% female, which wouldn't make sense.
    Problem with patching Inclement Emerald to version 1.12

When I patch a 16 MB trashman emerald ROM, it goes successfully until I open the game and load a save file. When I've opened it the sound is very buggy and I can't even move.

I've played the entire time on mGBA and even defeated the champion.
    A person on Reddit told me my savefile isn't compatible with the new version.

So can I solve this problem and get the game to update successfully?
    Sounds like you're using a save state, not a save file. If so, read the FAQ.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Awesome game, havent actually finished a whole run since I keep restarting to try out different set of teams but its still fun nonetheless

Although I have to say, RNG can really mess with you, I've been trying to Shiny hunt a Shiny Froakie for my starter, already at 1553 count of resetting and still no sign of that shiny frog, and to make it worst, I already encountered that shiny zigzagoon 3 times now, at 497th 1017th and just now on my 1549th reset (which is the reason of this post) also noticed that zigzagoon showing up on the 500th count or so after the last encounter

Well wish me luck and hope I get that shiny frog soon, since I was planning to run a ninja themed team this time

Edit: Okay this time the game is messing with the RNG, already on the 2000th+ reset and guess what happened? On the 2035th reset, Shiny Zigzagoon again and no signs of Shiny Froakie, and again with the interval of nearing the 500th count or more since the last, I'm starting to think Shiny Froakie is not in the game if not for my previous succesful attempts in getting a shiny starter (Oshawott 130 resets, Turtwig 833 reset

Edit2: The hunt for the shiny frog is finally over, after 2140 resets, 4 shiny zigzagoon, I finally got it, the I guess the "desire detector" in RNG is real, the more you want the more it eludes you, when I was just decided to just hunt for and ideal natured male Froakie is when the frog actually appeared shiny

Last edited:
    Back