• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: [Insert Your Idea Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
  • I n t r o d u c t i o n :
    Hiya, everybody! I'm "I'm Betting On Alice.", and I've done some hacking here-and-there. Anyways, I've stopped hacking for the last few months, as life is hectic and it's just gotten monotonous. For some reason though, I was browsing the forums and decided, "Hey! I wanna do this again!" And that's why I'm here!

I'm not an amateur at this stuff, but by no means am I an expert. What I'm saying is don't treat me with kid gloves. I know what I'm doing, and if I don't, I'll ask. So, that brings me to what the project is about.

T h e P r o j e c t :
    I want to make something fun to play, that many will like. What better way to do that then ask what you want?! So that's where you come in; I'll think of questions or ideas, and you'll give me your feedback. I'll choose who I think gave the best idea/feedback and implement accordingly. Which brings me to...

T h e B u l l e t i n B o a r d :
    Okay, here we go!

1. Which ROM should I use?
    2. What should be the hack's name?
    3. What theme should be used when naming cities?
    4. Characters?
    5. Plot Ideas?
    6. Side Quests?
    7. Plot Devices?
    8. Starters?
    9. Specialty Shops/Buildings, etc.
    10. Evil Team (Not Made Up)?
    M y I d e a s :

• I don't have a preference over what ROM to choose, so you'll be a big help there.
    • I've already given you my idea for the town names!
    • I was thinking of using T.V.s as a plot device.
    • The main characters' names are Nolan and Adelaide.

I d e a F o r m :

Here's how to submit your ideas so I can find and respond to them quickly!
    Code:
    [B]Question[/B]: 

[B]Idea/Feedback[/B]:

[B]Reasons Why[/B]:
    Examples:
    Question: What theme should be used when naming cities?

Idea: I think you should use French words as town names. For instance, if the town's gym leader has an Exploud, the town could be named "Ecouter City."

Reasons Why: It would be easy to think of names depending on what's in the town. Not only that, it gives the player a hint about what's to come in the next towns.
    OR
    Your Idea: Use Ruby ROM.

Feedback: While Ruby does have its advantages, I think this would be a bad idea.

Reasons Why: The text in the Ruby ROM is bulky and looks weird, even if you do fix it. The tiles on Ruby look weird, and there aren't many good ROM Bases to fix them.
    The more reasons you put, the more likely I'll listen to you. If you don't use this form, I'll completely look over your post. It's just easier to keep thinks uniform.

M y U p d a t e s :
    None as of yet!

T h a n k s F o r Y o u r H e l p !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back