• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Iron/Steel

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    General

Name of the hacks:

• Pokémon Steel version
    • Pokémon Iron version
    Language:
    English

Hack of
    Pokémon Iron/Steel

Creator(s):
    Me.

The hack

Prologue (of the history):

The Professor Edward, besides being a professor, is a scientist. Every Pokémon has got its own history, even the God Arceus. But there are certain things in the history of Arceus that does not fit.

Some 13,700 years ago, before there were space and time, an egg in the nothing , Arceus was born from that egg, with one duties: create. To begin, Arceus created an explosion with something very small, with infinite mass. This explosion is defined as the "big bang", and with that explosion he created both the time and the space. The universe borned. Now, the universe is approximately 13,700 years.

Egg, nothing, duties. Who created the egg? Where was the nothing? Who gave him this mission?

Professor Edward planted a theory called "Theory of the pre-universe," which reads as follows:

"Arceus was created by someone, and it gave Arceus the task of creating, in addition to being hidden where nobody will ever see it."

This theory became one of the most popular theory that existed, but we havent's find any statement of it, in this infinite universe.

A little part of the story/plot:

You are a child, who lives in Olivine City. The story starts when you're moving to another place [in another region (Arch)]. When you arrive in the Dawor port, which is next to your town you see someone everybody in the world know: the Professor Edward. Then, you saw a group of people, dressed in blue, which appeared to be pirates. They went to catch the Professor Edward, and you went after him to help. In the Garden, one of those pirates, tred to attack the professor. The professor said you to choose one of the three Pokémon in the grass, of which there are three, and then you battle the pirate. When you win (if you lose, you have to fight him again), he goes mad, all the pirates escape. The Professor Edward, give you that Pokémon, and said that the pirates are called "Team Aqua". Then your Pokémon history begin. You go discovering the secrets of the Arch region, and little by little, the origin of everything. Then, when there is nothing more to explore in Arch, even secrets. The Professor Edward helps you and request the professor Elm to get a ticket of the S.S. Aqua. He said there were something strange in Johto, he didn't know how, but he just feeled it.
    Before going to Johto, you battle a unknown trainer, and, you'll need to win him to go (if no, you need to fight him again). After destroying all 8 gym leaders in Johto (then you should have 16 badges), you see a big and destructive earthquake in Blackthorn City (after winning the Pokémon battle with the Gym leader), and when it finish, the dragon's den got destroyed, and you're requested to enter. When you finished with the Dragon's Den, you're requested to go with the Professor Edward, and some scientifics to find the truth of everything.

Features:
    - 3 places/regions: Arch, Johto and the Space
    - New pokémons ! (fakemons)
    - New sprites, minisprites and scripts !
    - Entertaining events
    - New (and old) gym leaders.
    - Long history

Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel

There are more, but they aren't "ready" to be posted. ;)

Videos:

Water and flower animations:

Thanks and Credits

Thanks to:
    -Tare4 (I think his nickname was that): Years ago, I showed how to use the tilED2002 (and then I learned how to use every tile editor.
    -Eing15 (creator of Pokémon Keyra): Because inspired me a little in the competition of screens to return to the hackrom world.
    -Brooklyn: Because, long ago when we were friends, he said he would stop being a romhacker, and he gave me the permission to use the name of the hacks (Iron / Steel - before he was making a hack with those names).

Credits:
    For now, nobody. I made everything except things already existing in FR.

Hope you like it :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Nice maps but little feature should be the thing this hack needs :)
    By the way those tiles are yours? Because ya didn't give credit

Yes, in the screenshots, the only tiles you see are the one already existing in FR, and mine (the water/flower animations are also mine). That's why I didn't give any credits.

And, I think I'm going to put the features when I finish a pre-beta, because everything can change.

This is great!
    The tiles are fresh, and HOW did you make the first screen?
    Good luck!

yeah..nice maps and screenies..btw i would also like to know how you do the first screen

Yeah, nice tiles and such. Screens look good. I like that first screen.
    Oh and guys, it's called tilemap editing. Learn it.

Yes it is, I made a tutorial in WAH, but in spanish. When I translate it, I'm going to post it here (and after I got those 15 posts) xP

And thanks for the good comments! :)

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Nice story
    The tiles are amazing
    I want to see more updates with this game!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Nice story
    The tiles are amazing
    I want to see more updates with this game!

Thanks for your opinion of the tiles ^^

------------------------

More updates:

If you've read the history, you can know, that we begin in Olivine City (in Johto).

You can see three of the screenshots in the attachment, hope you like them ^^

I ripped the tree, and remade the ground (both from HG/SS), and I didn't change the default tree, I just added the HG/SS one to another tileset :)

Also, there is going to be a pre-beta.

The images:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Hmm... something Creating Arceus?
    Wow... I'm impressed...

Anyways, for the first screen, it should be Rom Hack not Hack Rom, and "its" should have the " ' ". GL!

Last edited:

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Thanks for your opinion of the tiles ^^

------------------------

More updates:

If you've read the history, you can know, that we begin in Olivine City (in Johto).

You can see three of the screenshots in the attachment, hope you like them ^^

I ripped the tree, and remade the ground (both from HG/SS), and I didn't change the default tree, I just added the HG/SS one to another tileset :)

Also, there is going to be a pre-beta.

The images:

Nice
    Someone finally riped something from heartgold and soulsilver
    Nice Job
    Hope you release your prebeta soon

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    shrey2008: Thanks for your opinion ^^

-----

Hypershadow189: Thanks ^^

And yes, the pre-beta will be available soon.

-----

Ruka Prince: See what it says:

"This game is a hack rom,
    it is (it's) not for sale and therefore,
    its sale is illegal <- Correct, or isn't it? I'm not very good in English, so please correct me if I have any errors =)

-----
    After some days with no updates, I'm back again (with updates). They're from Dawor City (this city will be the first one you'll see after being in Johto). The images are in the atachments. The house, tree, grass (now changed) and both of the floor tiles are mine.

Maybe, I'll show images of the National Pokémon Research lab (the "home" of professor Edward). I haven't finished tile yet, because it will be big.

After that, I should begin with events, edit some maps, make my own "inside" tileset, to replace with FR ones. Then, the only missing thing would be making two routes, a City (where a gym should be) but without any special events.

Hope you like it!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Ruka Prince: See what it says:

"This game is a hack rom,
    it is (it's) not for sale and therefore,
    its sale is illegal <- Correct, or isn't it? I'm not very good in English, so please correct me if I have any errors =)

The only error I saw is "Hack Rom". It should be "Rom Hack." And a " . " should added at the end of the sentence. Other than that, there are no more errors. And BTW, I like the updates!! GL on this!

Edit: Woohoo!!! 1500th Post!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    The only error I saw is "Hack Rom". It should be "Rom Hack." And a " . " should added at the end of the sentence. Other than that, there are no more errors. And BTW, I like the updates!! GL on this!

Edit: Woohoo!!! 1500th Post!

Ok, corrected the intro, and congratulations ^^

Here it is:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Also, ROM stands for Read Only Memory (because most of the data is compressed, thus unable to edit if you are not a hacker and an ASM master ;))
    So it should be in CAPITAL LETTERS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Also, ROM stands for Read Only Memory (because most of the data is compressed, thus unable to edit if you are not a hacker and an ASM master ;))
    So it should be in CAPITAL LETTERS.

Ok, updated, hope there isn't any fails now xP

Here it is:

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    shrey2008: No, I don't think so. There's going to be fakemons (including the three (new) starters), but I'll try to make them alone, if I can't, I'll request a spriter or something.

--------

Well, I've got two updates of Dawor City (one not SO new).

Pokémon Iron/Steel

What is this?

Pokémon Iron/Steel

:O

Also, I've edited the Connection Route (maybe to change name) and, I'll re-make the first town (it's not going to be very similiar of what it was before).

Also, a week before the pre-beta, I'll change the history in the first post, because it's changed, and that's why I'm saying this: everything in this hack can change.

Edit: Yay! 15 posts :D

Edit 2: Updated first post with futures and an updated story/plot

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Thanks to the rules, I can make a doble-post to show you my progress.

I've remade the first town and route 1, completely, but they may look like the old maps, also, I've made route 2. When I finish (or begin) next city, where there will be a Gym, the outside maps would be 95% finished, and then I would begin with events and finish things (and begin with the fakemons).

I have made 9 screens of my progress, hope you like them:

Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel
    Pokémon Iron/Steel

The pre-beta is coming soon, in ~ 1/2 month(s). Hope you post this time :)

Back