• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I have a question, can you explain how the Happiness/Friendship system works?
    The friendship works basically like gen 3, with very few exceptions. You can check using PokéCenter NPC.

just wondering if the 256 step function is implemented
    Yes. Your entire party unfainted pokémon gain 1 happiness point every 256 steps.

does fresh egg pokemon start at the 120
    Yes.

how much does the soothe bell influence
    1.5x, round down.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    One last thing, since I'm actually nearly done the dex, where can I find the breakable rocks in the sea, need shuckle. Could care less about the second portal, I just need shuckle xD, I am seriously lost xD.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    One last thing, since I'm actually nearly done the dex
    Great! When you complete the pokédex, let me know your gameplay time.

where can I find the breakable rocks in the sea, need shuckle. Could care less about the second portal, I just need shuckle xD, I am seriously lost xD.
    To find the rocks: From the first portal, just do 3 steps down, then surf straight to right. You will see the rocks while near the dark ocean part.

This was made to be easy to find. I gonna put it 2 tiles above in v2.2 to make it easier.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Something I would like to see someday is due to the presence of the legendary pokemon Mew we get a team rocket storyline and perhaps other teams seeking the other legends/mythicals. I can easilly see a story progression work as a series of sidequests as you play through the game.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Something I would like to see someday is due to the presence of the legendary pokemon Mew we get a team rocket storyline and perhaps other teams seeking the other legends/mythicals. I can easilly see a story progression work as a series of sidequests as you play through the game.
    Hmm, maybe this works. Thanks for the suggestion, but in this game (and probably my next one) I want to do a game without "stop a criminal organization" or "save the world" plot (or subplot). I currently has no plans of changing this, but I previously had no plan of adding all the starters in the starter selection and I end up adding all this year.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I wasnt sure at all, to be fair. I understand your reasoning ultimately, just a thought while offering an idea that wouldnt detract from the main point of the game.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question but how do I evolve an Eevee into Espeon in this? Because the game lacks a day/night cycle it removes the means to evolve it. My guess is that a sun stone will do the job but where would I find one? I'm currently only rank five in singles.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question but how do I evolve an Eevee into Espeon in this? Because the game lacks a day/night cycle it removes the means to evolve it. My guess is that a sun stone will do the job but where would I find one? I'm currently only rank five in singles.

Espeon - Use Sun Shard
    The thread lists all different evolutions. And all evolution items can be found at Market.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Is there a list of Pokemons that can be found in specific regions? If so that would be great. Im trying to collect all the Pokemon

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Spoiler:

Yes. Open Habitat List pressing "1" key at Pokédex.

PokéCenter

Im on mobile so there's no "1" key and also which Colosseum rank do I need to build the temple

When can I get the false swipe tm?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Im on mobile so there's no "1" key and also which Colosseum rank do I need to build the temple

When can I get the false swipe tm?
    At least at my old Joiplay version, if you press top up arrow and keyboard button, you can type any key. Also, you can assign other key in "Controls", inside options.

Spoiler:

TM054 False Swipe is available at Market starting at rank 3.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Mobile player here (Joiplay),
    This error keeps popping up and I don't know how to fix it:

Exception: NoMethodError
    073:AudioUtilities:1053:in `getOggPage'
    073:AudioUtilities:1055:in `call'
    073:AudioUtilities:1055:in `getOggPage'
    073:AudioUtilities:1077:in `oggfiletime'
    073:AudioUtilities:1185:in `getPlayTime2'
    073:AudioUtilities:1153:in `open'
    073:AudioUtilities:1153:in `getPlayTime2'
    073:AudioUtilities:1132:in `getPlayTime'
    147:PokemonUtilities:694:in `pbCryFrameLength'
    081:PokeBattle_ActualScene:2953:in `pbFainted'

Occurs after you defeat a pokemon, before the exp grant screen. It then pops up and skips the exp grant entirely, not giving me any exp for defeating a pokemon, help?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Mobile player here (Joiplay),
    This error keeps popping up and I don't know how to fix it:

Spoiler:

Occurs after you defeat a pokemon, before the exp grant screen. It then pops up and skips the exp grant entirely, not giving me any exp for defeating a pokemon, help?
    Thanks for the report. This happens on gen 6+ pokémon cries, right? Make sure that you have the latest RPG Maker plugin (1.20.28) with latest Joiplay (1.20.027).

If you have, let me know and I will submit a bug report to Joiplay.

You can temporary disable the SFXs until I found a better workaround. To do this, rename folder Audio>SE (at game folder) to Audio>SE2 or something similar.

Last edited:
    Back