• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    A small bit of untranslated text found, in Storage Upgrade 2's town hall description.
    Spoiler:

This has been the only one I've spotted so far that only has the Portuguese text, everything else is fine in English.
    Thanks for the report! It will be fixed on v2.1.2.

Thanks! works now fine, ill update if I run into any problems. Joiplay did release another update today but in general it didnt work. With your fix however, its fine! (using the newest update 2/11 with the fix)

EDIT: so it looks it theres a ton of black tiles, (which i believe optz maps fixes tihis ).. but it crashed on the first coliseum battle before the end with the latest fire starter
    Thanks for the infos! I also have the black tiles issue, and the crash happened when I back to the city from beach (I'm not 100% sure), but I reload the save, back to city and even beat the first Colosseum rank. I guess that the crash isn't constant and related to optz maps/devices memory, so you can try again and maybe only crashes on another point. If you do optz maps, maybe there is no crash.

Last edited:

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Bug: A teleport station sign is not in English. The one west of a pokemon center.

Grammar error: There is something to do with a collect a starter in Prof. Oak's dialogue like "in the table", it should say "on the table"

Balance suggestion: A rocker pokemon trainer from ruby/sapphire inside Volcano has an OP Toxel due to learning Belch. I suggest making that pokemon learn Growl, Acid, Flail, and either Nuzzle/Tearful Look.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Bug: A teleport station sign is not in English. The one west of a pokemon center.

Grammar error: There is something to do with a collect a starter in Prof. Oak's dialogue like "in the table", it should say "on the table"

Balance suggestion: A rocker pokemon trainer from ruby/sapphire inside Volcano has an OP Toxel due to learning Belch. I suggest making that pokemon learn Growl, Acid, Flail, and either Nuzzle/Tearful Look.
    It's good to see Island veterans here!

Thanks fo the reports! I like your balance suggestion, but I'm unsure if I do on v2.1.2 or left to v2.2. Besides this, all gonna be fixed for v2.1.2,

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    If there's one thing I dislike about this game, it's the lack of abilities from generations past 3. It seriously, seriously damages the viability of many Pokemon, and in particular, many of the starters are hurt by not having their hidden abilities, chief among them being Charmander (Solar Power), Totodile (Sheer Force), Froakie (Protean), Grookey (Grassy Surge), Fuecoco (Unaware), Sprigatito (Protean), Quaxly (Moxie), and the biggest loser of all the starters affected by this, Snivy (Contrary). The Hisuian forms aren't safe from this either, as neither of Oshawott (Sharpness) or Rowlet (Scrappy) enjoy having their final forms not having Hidden Abilities. This is ESPECIALLY bad in Oshawott's case, as because Shell Armor IS a gen 3 ability, there's a 50% chance Samurott-Hisui might just... not have an ability after evolving from Dewott.

Meanwhile, Bulbasaur (Chlorophyll) and Litten (Intimidate) are king among starters because of their amazing abilities which are available in Gen 3.

This, among other changes like Lycanroc-Dusk being worse than Lycanroc-Midday (because no Tough Claws), Dragonite being wholly outclassed by Salamence once again (because no Multiscale), Alolan Raichu being worse than its Kantonian Form (because no Surge Surfer), Porygon being stuck without its line's signature ability (Download) [not counting Genesect], and so on.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I noticed there are pokemon from gen 9 where I could get a pawmi note I unlocked these zones the beach tunnel plains and den and it's appearing in none or buying or from eggs

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I'm currently playing the 2.1 update and I must say, it's being real fun. Though, I found two bugs so far:
    - Using Wings crashes the game
    Crash code for Muscle Wing:
    Script 'PokemonDefaultItems' line 434: NameError occurred.
    undefined local variable or method 'pkmn' for nil:NilClass
    (Tried other wings, they give the same crash code but with different numbers.)

- In the Beach surf area, TUBER Sherry's encounter theme keeps playing after combat. Also the triathlete next to the hut in the Valley.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would probaly change it and make it buy able or found probaly in the tunnel or den since it's line is marmot based and they are reside in underground places and there are few electric type mons in the tunnel so it would make sense

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Meanwhile, Bulbasaur (Chlorophyll) and Litten (Intimidate) are king among starters because of their amazing abilities which are available in Gen 3.
    My favorite is Torchic (Speed Boost), I already used at one of my playthroughs.

This is ESPECIALLY bad in Oshawott's case, as because Shell Armor IS a gen 3 ability
    Because Shell Armor isn't Hisuian Samurott hidden ability. Only maybe in Legends: Arceus unused data.

there's a 50% chance Samurott-Hisui might just... not have an ability after evolving from Dewott.
    This won't happen. Hisuian Samurott always have Torrent. the only last form pokémon who should have Dummy abilities are the ones without a valid ability or with a weather ability-only, like Alolan Ninetales who have Snow Warning and Dummy.

If there's one thing I dislike about this game, it's the lack of abilities from generations past 3. It seriously, seriously damages the viability of many Pokemon
    Thanks for your feedback! You have good points, especially the Lycanroc part. I also didn't like this, but implementing hundreds of Abilities isn't an easy task. Maybe I put at least gen 4 abilities, so will be less "Dummy" abilities.

Using Wings crashes the game
    Crash code for Muscle Wing:
    Script 'PokemonDefaultItems' line 434: NameError occurred.
    undefined local variable or method 'pkmn' for nil:NilClass
    (Tried other wings, they give the same crash code but with different numbers.)
    This bug was a stupid error. I mistaked "pokemon" with "pkmn" at these places XD . This gonna be fixed on v2.1.2.

In the Beach surf area, TUBER Sherry's encounter theme keeps playing after combat. Also the triathlete next to the hut in the Valley.
    This happens when you are spotted right after ending surf, so it records the wrong music to play after ending battle.

Thanks for the reports!

I would probaly change it and make it buy able or found probaly in the tunnel or den since it's line is marmot based and they are reside in underground places and there are few electric type mons in the tunnel so it would make sense
    Thanks for the tip, but Pawni can't be found on caves in SV (I aren't 100% sure). Its biomes on SV are Grass and Rock.

Pikachu can't be found in caves at official game, but it can be found on Tunnel, but it was a special case, it is based on a certain tunnel.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Weeewwwww. This update came out of nowhere. When u said u was working on version 2.1 I thought it would be at least 2024. I have to recheck the title of the thread twice just to make sure i didnt see it incorrectly.
    I have a few questions:
    1. Where can i find cosmog/Cosmoem/Solgaleo ?
    2. Have the move Phantom Force got fixed in this version ? (Because i really like Dragapult)
    3. I found Soul Dew item didnt work on Latios/Latias. So is this a bug ?

Cant wait to play this version. Hohohohohohoho.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Weeewwwww. This update came out of nowhere. When u said u was working on version 2.1 I thought it would be at least 2024. I have to recheck the title of the thread twice just to make sure i didnt see it incorrectly.
    I have a few questions:
    1. Where can i find cosmog/Cosmoem/Solgaleo ?
    2. Have the move Phantom Force got fixed in this version ? (Because i really like Dragapult)
    3. I found Soul Dew item didnt work on Latios/Latias. So is this a bug ?

Cant wait to play this version. Hohohohohohoho.
    Three versions (1.3, 2.0 and 2.1) came in three years in a row. Since it was no version during seven years, old players certain didn't expected this!

Spoiler:

2. Yes!
    3. Yes, so only Special Defense boost works. This bug was hard to notice, good job and thanks for the report! This one I gonna fix at v2.1.2.

Last edited:

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Bulldoze doesn't hit a foe pokemon during Dig and doesn't lower a foe's speed by 1.

My pokemon doesn't hit a foe while it's charging up Solarbeam. It was like trying to hit a foe pokemon during Fly, Dig, and Shadow Force from Gen 4+. Solarblade could be bugged too.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Bulldoze doesn't hit a foe pokemon during Dig and doesn't lower a foe's speed by 1.
    Thanks for the report! I gonna fix the move description and add the speed reduction on v2.2.

My pokemon doesn't hit a foe while it's charging up Solarbeam. It was like trying to hit a foe pokemon during Fly, Dig, and Shadow Force from Gen 4+. Solarblade could be bugged too.
    I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Solarbeam should charge one turn and attack in the next one. In Harsh Sun (Sunny Day) it doesn't charge. I tested now and it is working this way.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Solarbeam should charge one turn and attack in the next one. In Harsh Sun (Sunny Day) it doesn't charge. I tested now and it is working this way.

If it's true, does Gardenia's Bellossom hold a Bright Powder? If so, why did not-miss moves like Swift miss, as in evade/avoid an attack? That Bellossom was charging at a time but it evades an attack, even 100% accuracy moves, and can't miss moves.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Oh, I got it now. I initially understand as "your pokémon doesn't hit while your pokémon are charging", but you mean the foe. Thanks for the report, I probably gonna fix this in v2.2

Years
    • Seen today
    cant wait until the fix is out for joiplay, love this game... want to play the new update so bad :(

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    cant wait until the fix is out for joiplay, love this game... want to play the new update so bad :(
    Did you tried to use Joiplay with disabled postload scripts and optimized maps?

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I've come across a crash involving rank 15 and hour rewards.

It has to do with beating Oak:
    $gv.rand[2]= Colosseum.getPrizeHour

IUtil.receiveMoney(
    Colosseum.getClearHourPrize)

CLEAR_HOUR = [5,10,20]
    CLEAR_HOUR_PRIZE = [30_000,20_000,5_000]

I'm over 20 hours of playtime, 45 hours to be precise.

I don't have a screenshot, but I hope this is useful.

Back