• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I've come across a crash involving rank 15 and hour rewards.
    Oh no! Bad moment for a crash, sorry! And thanks for the report!

I did a last minute change on v2.1.1 release at these rewards but I didn't thought that this should affect this part.

I fixed this now. I gonna pack and upload v2.1.2 soon!

EDIT:
    VERSION 2.1.2 WITH IMPORTANT BUGFIXES RELEASED!

I recommend everyone playing 2.1.1 to update to avoid a crash

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Tried with scrips and optimized maps. Optimizing the maps just kinds replaces all the black tiles with tiles that don't match. Game still eventually crashes when I do the arena battle things towards the end

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Tried with scrips and optimized maps. Optimizing the maps just kinds replaces all the black tiles with tiles that don't match. Game still eventually crashes when I do the arena battle things towards the end
    This crash happens more than once, right?

The newers joiplay versions are incompatible with my device so I can't test it. For the postload checkbox issue, I tested an older versions and I sent the log to the joiplay dev. He suspects that the crash is related to aliasing. If your crashes persists, let's hope that he fix and release a new version soon, or at least informs me the culprit, so I can fix.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Just wondering is there a guide or walkthrough. I'm a little lost on where to go for some of these areas.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Just wondering is there a guide or walkthrough. I'm a little lost on where to go for some of these areas.
    It's like a NPC on Colosseum says: Go to a Teleport Station's place second portal (maybe defeating all trainers once) beat a Colosseum rank, go to the next place and so on.

On this process, some buildings (like a Safari and Fitness minigame) became available, so you can build and enjoy these places. The most important/useful places are marked with a star on the building list:
    Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Or do you mean the second portals locations? This isn't needed to advance on game, since they are just an optional goal.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It's like a NPC on Colosseum says: Go to a Teleport Station's place second portal (maybe defeating all trainers once) beat a Colosseum rank, go to the next place and so on.

On this process, some buildings (like a Safari and Fitness minigame) became available, so you can build and enjoy these places. The most important/useful places are marked with a star on the building list:

Or do you mean the second portals locations? This isn't needed to advance on game, since they are just an optional goal.

Ah gotcha. I assume the R&D center tells me where pokemon are located as well? And where do I find this building to build extra stuff? Also how are the eevee evolutions done? for example how to get umbreon or glaceon.
    *edit* I figured out the city hall builds stuff haha. all I'm just wondering about is where to find certain pokemon and the eevees now. my apologies. :)

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Ah gotcha. I assume the R&D center tells me where pokemon are located as well? And where do I find this building to build extra stuff? Also how are the eevee evolutions done? for example how to get umbreon or glaceon.
    *edit* I figured out the city hall builds stuff haha. all I'm just wondering about is where to find certain pokemon and the eevees now. my apologies. :)

All the different evolutions are listed on the thread:
    All evolution items can be purchased. Some evolutions methods, specially trick ones like trade evolutiond, are different from official (most recent) games. There is an NPC that explains these evolutions. For those who want to plan, I will list them all in the spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    Glaceon can be obtained using any of official games methods (location or Ice Stone).

You can get pokémon locations at these places:
    1. Pokédex Area
    2. Pokédex Habitat List
    3. After the R&D Center upgrade, the scientist tells you some pokémon locations.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Does this game inherit IVs from breeding via power items?

If so, then I have to get more than one egg. If not, I wasted my time on breeding pokemon.

I tried to breed a male Spinda holding a Power Lens and a female Machop holding a Power Weight. But, it only inherits HP IV.

It could be a pain if the pokemon from Battle Tower has perfect IVs.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Does this game inherit IVs from breeding via power items?

If so, then I have to get more than one egg. If not, I wasted my time on breeding pokemon.

I tried to breed a male Spinda holding a Power Lens and a female Machop holding a Power Weight. But, it only inherits HP IV.
    I believe so. This was implemented on old versions (1.3 or 2.0). If nothing broke then it is working in current version.

It could be a pain if the pokemon from Battle Tower has perfect IVs.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024

After almost 9 years, I finally take the time to complete this game! It has been quite fun to play.

The difficulty curve is pretty great, with the game being fairly easy at the start, but by the end it goes quite steep. With the way the Colosseum works, I often played it safe by going over-leveled, which surprisingly kept part of the challenge. And yet, that's according to the game's percentage, a third of the game. 34.63% to be exact. Guess I'll try to get closer to 100%, after 28 hours of playtime.

Here's my Trainer Simulator file, by the way!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I have three questions.
    1.) Is the underground the only way to get fossils?
    2.) Is there a map of the underground?
    3.) How often do the dig spots spawn?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    After almost 9 years, I finally take the time to complete this game! It has been quite fun to play.

The difficulty curve is pretty great, with the game being fairly easy at the start, but by the end it goes quite steep. With the way the Colosseum works, I often played it safe by going over-leveled, which surprisingly kept part of the challenge. And yet, that's according to the game's percentage, a third of the game. 34.63% to be exact. Guess I'll try to get closer to 100%, after 28 hours of playtime.

Here's my Trainer Simulator file, by the way!
    Finally! Great!

Random trivia: Your party looks like a pre-v2.0 party, since you didn't used any of gen 6-9 pokémon. You didn't repeated a single type, nice! You team was almost a pokémon from each generation, and two from Johto.

To everyone: When a player see data from simulator trainer from another player, a NPC will appears. DO NOT talk with this NPC. I forgot testing this NPC and he is crashing the game. This will be fixed in v2.1.3

I have three questions.
    1.) Is the underground the only way to get fossils?
    2.) Is there a map of the underground?
    3.) How often do the dig spots spawn?
    1. No, you also can get from Treasure Shop.
    2. No that I'm aware.
    3. Every time that you enter in Underground. There is a big room with bigger spawn zone, some NPCs on Underground mention this room.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Balanced suggestion: Does any move like 'After You' have a priority move like Helping Hand? Because moves with the Helping Hand effect need to have the same priority. Otherwise, It has no effect.

Charge has a Special Defense boost in the description even though it doesn't boost Sp. defense by 1. It's not necessary to boost stats for this game.

Important suggestion: To prevent anything confusing to any players, I suggest adding a beta version for beta testers. If I were you, I upload a zip folder on my discord channel.

Idea: I would like to use Itemfinder to find shiny spots in the underground which lasts 3 seconds per use. This should have a lower priority than Hidden Items. This also helps reduce lag.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Balanced suggestion: Does any move like 'After You' have a priority move like Helping Hand?
    Quash and Coaching

Because moves with the Helping Hand effect need to have the same priority. Otherwise, It has no effect.
    Good point! Will be done on v2.2.

Charge has a Special Defense boost in the description even though it doesn't boost Sp. defense by 1. It's not necessary to boost stats for this game.
    This will be fixed on v2.1.3.

Important suggestion: To prevent anything confusing to any players, I suggest adding a beta version for beta testers. If I were you, I upload a zip folder on my discord channel.
    Unfortunately, this should only works when I have a huge number of players. Most of the bugs that you found (like Charge one) are present on v2.0, released 11 months ago, and no one reported.

Idea: I would like to use Itemfinder to find shiny spots in the underground which lasts 3 seconds per use. This also helps reduce lag.
    Not sure if I like the time limit (especially because of encounters), but I like random item finder encounter places (maybe works well on Desert)

This also helps reduce lag.
    Do you have much lag in this area? I guessed that this was solved with modern hardware (and I removed some rock smash events in v2.1). If more people have a considerable lag on this area, I can solve by other ways (break more the maps).

Thanks for the reports/suggestions!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Finally! Great!

Random trivia: Your party looks like a pre-v2.0 party, since you didn't used any of gen 6-9 pokémon. You didn't repeated a single type, nice! You team was almost a pokémon from each generation, and two from Johto.

Pokémon Island is good at letting you build a party early in the game, and nostalgia is a thing, after all! Typhlosion and Ampharos is quite the duo I end up using very often. I also tend to have the starter types + flying & electric, then some other type such as dragon in this case.

Also, I wonder how you can go higher in the Rainbow Cloud. Currently stuck in 2F.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Pokémon Island is good at letting you build a party early in the game, and nostalgia is a thing, after all! Typhlosion and Ampharos is quite the duo I end up using very often. I also tend to have the starter types + flying & electric, then some other type such as dragon in this case.
    Classic Ash party (+ Dragon) XD

Also, I wonder how you can go higher in the Rainbow Cloud. Currently stuck in 2F.
    Just find the teleporters without taking many steps. You probably was on a bad luck and/or taking too many unnecessary steps while exploring.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I've completed the main game but now I just want to mess around. Is there a cheat or debug mode for me to mess around with? If there isn't, its not a problem.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm sorry for asking so many questions.
    No problem. You can ask more👍

I've completed the main game but now.
    Nice! So, a good number of people already completed v2.1! Opinions (too hard/too easy/too grinding/too much water) are welcome!

I just want to mess around. Is there a cheat or debug mode for me to mess around with? If there isn't, its not a problem.
    Not that I'm aware.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Honestly the grind wasn't too difficult, I love how gracious the money supply is. (compared to pokemon fire ash where the game is so restrictive with money.)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Honestly the grind wasn't too difficult, I love how gracious the money supply is. (compared to pokemon fire ash where the game is so restrictive with money.)
    Interesting! I was inspired by XY, where you can easily obtain money. Red/Blue/Yellow, on other hand, gave you around $30,000 for E4+Champion. Funny, I almost put the Fanclub tasks to give around 25% more money.

This crash happens more than once, right?

The newers joiplay versions are incompatible with my device so I can't test it. For the postload checkbox issue, I tested an older versions and I sent the log to the joiplay dev. He suspects that the crash is related to aliasing. If your crashes persists, let's hope that he fix and release a new version soon, or at least informs me the culprit, so I can fix.
    He (apparently) found the answer!

To run Island on Joiplay (Android): You need to disable cheats (On Settings>App Settings>Enable Cheats, unmark and save).

Back