• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello FL. I have a few questions:
    1. I found the move Geomancy only raises SpDef and SpAtk by 1 stage . Is it a bug because in the description it was two stages?
    2. As i remember the last time i played (version 1.2h) when i finished all areas in Teleport Station it was reset. And when i replayed from the first area, pokemon was in their first evolution like ( I remembered i caught Charmeleon in the Volcano or Tentacool in the Sea) and i also remember that i got 1 or 2 rare candies for reaching the second portal. I've just reached the second portal of rainbow cloud and the Teleport Station didnt reset from beginning . So did you change the game mechanics or do i remember it wrong? ^^!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hello FL. I have a few questions:
    1. I found the move Geomancy only raises SpDef and SpAtk by 1 stage . Is it a bug because in the description it was two stages?
    2. As i remember the last time i played (version 1.2h) when i finished all areas in Teleport Station it was reset. And when i replayed from the first area, pokemon was in their first evolution like ( I remembered i caught Charmeleon in the Volcano or Tentacool in the Sea) and i also remember that i got 1 or 2 rare candies for reaching the second portal. I've just reached the second portal of rainbow cloud and the Teleport Station didnt reset from beginning . So did you change the game mechanics or do i remember it wrong? ^^!
    1. The description was wrong. Thanks for reporting!
    2. Except the Rare Candy part, you were remembering wrong or was a bug. The Teleport Station areas/rewards were never intended to reset and the encounters didn't change on completing areas. But the older versions gave to player some Rare Candies at second portal (I couldn't think of anything better at these times).

And I guess that you mean a Charmander rather than a Charmeleon.

SylviaReviar

Sinnoh Researcher
    Years
  • I haven't gotten far in the game; only Rank 3 in the tournament so far, and grinding is a lot harder than I thought it would be. So far, the game is alright, but when I managed to find an Eevee on the Beach, for some reason in its Ability slot it says "Dummy," and the effect lists "No effect." Is this a bug?

Attachments

• Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more
      blankeevee.jpg
      110.5 KB · Views: 5

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I haven't gotten far in the game; only Rank 3 in the tournament so far, and grinding is a lot harder than I thought it would be. So far, the game is alright, but when I managed to find an Eevee on the Beach, for some reason in its Ability slot it says "Dummy," and the effect lists "No effect." Is this a bug?
    This isn't a bug, as mentioned on the thread:
    Abilities
    Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more
    There are only Gen 3 Abilities, plus Honey Gather, Flower Gift, Snow Warning, Slow Start, Multitype, Zen Mode, Defeatist, Power Construct, Schooling, Shields Down and RKS System. On the other hand, some Pokemon have their Hidden Abilities. To define the Ability of a Pokémon there are some rules:
    • Pokémon that run out of Abilities gain the Dummy Ability that does nothing.
    • Every species can normally have the Hidden Ability if it doesn't have two Abilities present in the game.
    • Every species that has two Abilities in evolution, but pre-evolution only has one, so the species can have the Dummy Ability which will become the second Ability when the pokémon evolves.
    • Every species with the Ability to change the weather will also have another Ability or the Dummy, with the exception of Groudon and Kyogre.
    • Some other small exceptions, like: Gengar and Orthworm have Levitate; Koraidon has Drought, Miraidon has Drizzle.
    Example: Drapion can have Battle Armor and Sniper in official games, with Keen Eye being its Hidden Ability. Since there is no Sniper Ability on Island, Drapion can have Battle Armor or Keen Eye.
    So, this Eevee will have Guts if it evolve into Flareon (instead of Flash Fire) and Inner Focus if it evolve into Umbreon (instead of Synchronize). All other eeveelutions (besides Glaceon) have only one Ability so, its doesn't matter if Eevee has Run Away or Dummy.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Idea: I know you don't allow hyper training for your game, but how about power candy? Power Candies boosts IVs, unlike wings or vitamins. I like to use those for genderless pokemon like Ditto, and 100% male pokemon.

If you approve of this idea, then it could be best to ask the creator of pokemon R.O.W.E, a pokemon emerald hack.

If not, could you add a perfect Ditto for breeding instead? This gift should be unlocked after beating Rank 18 (the highest rank). Not JUST after, that could cause a crash.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Idea: I know you don't allow hyper training for your game, but how about power candy? Power Candies boosts IVs, unlike wings or vitamins. I like to use those for genderless pokemon like Ditto, and 100% male pokemon.

If you approve of this idea, then it could be best to ask the creator of pokemon R.O.W.E, a pokemon emerald hack.

If not, could you add a perfect Ditto for breeding instead? This gift should be unlocked after beating Rank 18 (the highest rank). Not JUST after, that could cause a crash.
    Thanks for your suggestions!

Currently I prefer IVs as immutable like gen 6 and before, but if I receive many request, I can change my mind.

However, I like your Ditto idea, maybe I implement it on v2.2, probably on Kukui rewards.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hello, I have some questions:
    1. How to evolve Nincada into Shedinja? According to Pokedex it will evolve into Ninjask at lvl 20 and Shedinja at lvl 0 with empty space, but i tried many times and only Ninjask.
    2. Dreepy is the hardest pokemon to catch, any tips and tricks to make it easier?
    3.All Paradox Pokemon (Iron Valiant, Roaring Moon,...) not showing their image when battling, is this a bug?
    4. How to get Arceus? Is it necessary to catch all pokemon? If so, is it necessary to get all forms of that pokemon ( oricorio, tatsugiri,...)?
    5. What should I do with Mysterious Mask?
    Sorry for my bad English xD

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hello, I have some questions:
    1. How to evolve Nincada into Shedinja? According to Pokedex it will evolve into Ninjask at lvl 20 and Shedinja at lvl 0 with empty space, but i tried many times and only Ninjask.
    2. Dreepy is the hardest pokemon to catch, any tips and tricks to make it easier?
    3.All Paradox Pokemon (Iron Valiant, Roaring Moon,...) not showing their image when battling, is this a bug?
    4. How to get Arceus? Is it necessary to catch all pokemon? If so, is it necessary to get all forms of that pokemon ( oricorio, tatsugiri,...)?
    5. What should I do with Mysterious Mask?
    Sorry for my bad English xD
    1. Like in official games, you need a common Pokéball in bag. The Pokedex text has this missing, I will updated the description.

Spoiler:

3. A known issue. Like Bigpokemonfan0 (and the thread and Readme.txt) mentioned, currently there are no backsprites for several gen 9 pokémon. I gonna update these sprites soon, when the backsprites will be released.

Spoiler:

5. A NPC will tell when the time comes. If you have more than one, you can sell the extra ones for a huge amount of money.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    How to evolve Hisuian Sneasel into Sneasler? I tried giving it Razor Claw but nothing happened.
    And how to evolve Basculin?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    VERSION 2.1.3 WITH BUGFIXES RELEASED!

How to evolve Hisuian Sneasel into Sneasler? I tried giving it Razor Claw but nothing happened.
    You need to hold Razor Claw and gain a level, but is bugged and doesn't work. I release 2.1.3 now with this fix.

And how to evolve Basculin?
    All evolution items can be purchased. Some evolutions methods, specially trick ones like trade evolutiond, are different from official (most recent) games. There is an NPC that explains these evolutions. For those who want to plan, I will list them all in the spoiler.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I can't use Basculin Orb on Basculin, it writes "It won't have any effect". I also tried giving this item to Basculin and used the Link Stone but it didn't work.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    After about 190 hours, I finally got Arceus to complete my all-white lineup. Now i'm looking for Shadow Lugia to complete all-black lineup, can you tell me how to get it?

Attachments

pkm_island.jpg
      168.7 KB · Views: 11

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    After about 190 hours, I finally got Arceus to complete my all-white lineup.
    Awesome! Besides Arceus, which pokémon was the hardest to get?

Now i'm looking for Shadow Lugia to complete all-black lineup, can you tell me how to get it?
    Spoiler:

Hi, first of all, thanks for the amazing game!
    I was searching for some back sprites of 9 gen and found this forum: https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/9-gen-sprites.67492/page-29

Don't know if it will be helpful. And once again, thanks for the incredible game!
    I generally use packs, but this may helps with the missing ones from packs. Thank you!

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Where does one acquire the Black Augurite? I'm Rank 12 and it's not appearing in any shops, meaning I can't evolve my Scyther into Kleavor.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Where does one acquire the Black Augurite? I'm Rank 12 and it's not appearing in any shops, meaning I can't evolve my Scyther into Kleavor.
    Spoiler:

I probably change on next version (with new content), since this isn't fair with Scizor, who got his item earlier (I made earlier because of Steelix).

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    When I was fighting with the brown guy at the Palace, I couldn't see the opponent's Zamazenta. At the time I used the skill, there was a message saying "but there was no target...". Is this a bug?
    P/s: There was an errorlog like this after I beat his Solgaleo and before he switched to Zamazenta.

Attachments

pkm_island.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 9
      z4156383001090_f4df0377a3bcf8106d03a947319feb8b.jpg
      101.1 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:
    Back