• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When I was fighting with the brown guy at the Palace, I couldn't see the opponent's Zamazenta. At the time I used the skill, there was a message saying "but there was no target...". Is this a bug?
    P/s: There was an errorlog like this after I beat his Solgaleo and before he switched to Zamazenta.
    Yes, thanks for reporting. Currently, Zamazenta doesn't work when holding the Rusted Shield. This will be fixed on v2.1.4

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    are all legendaries in the game and how do i obtain them whats best method
    Yes! The current version has all legendary pokémon until Miraidon.

To get these pokémon:

Spoiler:

The best strategy is the general one for catch pokémon: Make it with low HP and sleep/frozen and use the best ball (generally Timer Ball if the battle was more than 10 turns)

Have more than 600 pokémon as caught in the pokédex raise the critical capture chance

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    05aikUNp6D9tMl1tkqU5xAbTg

I have no idea whats going on and it may be just me cause of joyplay but one pokemon on the beach seems bugged
    I attempted to send a screenshot but it failed
    Pokemon field line 610 TypeError nil class was the gist I think..., pretty sure its Happiny doing things to my game, but its okay as a trainer mon and chansey spawns so I should be okay
    Edit again: sorry, its not happiny I don't know whats happening. It could be joiplay

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    05aikUNp6D9tMl1tkqU5xAbTg

I have no idea whats going on and it may be just me cause of joyplay but one pokemon on the beach seems bugged
    I attempted to send a screenshot but it failed
    Pokemon field line 610 TypeError nil class was the gist I think..., pretty sure its Happiny doing things to my game, but its okay as a trainer mon and chansey spawns so I should be okay
    Edit again: sorry, its not happiny I don't know whats happening. It could be joiplay
    Thanks for the report, but I can't reproduce it here. Your screen helped me! I attached on the post. Sounds like a Joiplay issue.

You are running the game and the only settings that you change was the cheat menu, right? The games closes after this bug? How many times this happened? Did you downloaded the latest Joiplay version (and plugin) from Patreon or you are using a Google Play version?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230307-105203_RPG_Maker_Plugin_for_JoiPlay.jpg
      Screenshot_20230307-105203_RPG_Maker_Plugin_for_JoiPlay.jpg
      32.3 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The joiplay is from patreon not entirely sure about the plugin. Will try that. The cheats are disabled I read up on it. Thanks for the help! This was supposed to be a reply I don't know how to reply sorry 😅

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    It appears to be the patreon versions so I don't know...
    Edit: it is the newest release and I am still getting the errors

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Might be fixed. Its possible the latest patreon version of the rpg maker plugin is um....buggy with island, on my end anyway. Do not use plug-in 1.20.25. I have no idea about versions in between but 1.20.19 works a charm. The error is gone and both happiny and scyther spawned in okay.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Might be fixed. Its possible the latest patreon version of the rpg maker plugin is um....buggy with island, on my end anyway. Do not use plug-in 1.20.25. I have no idea about versions in between but 1.20.19 works a charm. The error is gone and both happiny and scyther spawned in okay.
    Thanks for the info!

I looked in the code what can trigger this error message and seems that the bug is caused by a transition effect that was around 12% of happening. I gonna disable this effect in v2.1.4 to make sure that no one will have this crash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Thank you! Also 2 non bug questions
    Since the alolan/galarian/hisuian/paldean forms are tied to gems, and are either used to evolve or breed, are the galarian birds available in the game at all? Also, are we able to get enough cosmogs, kubfus and poipoles to have a living dex?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Since the alolan/galarian/hisuian/paldean forms are tied to gems, and are either used to evolve or breed, are the galarian birds available in the game at all?
    Yes! You can find some regional pokémon by other ways, like an Alolan Rattata in the Pokémon Shop.

Also, are we able to get enough cosmogs, kubfus and poipoles to have a living dex?
    Yes! You can get multiple of all pokémon (for some you need to use eggs).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    Hi just curious if there is a different method for hatching eggs? I got the Charcadet egg from the fan club after task 2 and it's been a very long time and it still says "what will hatch from this? It's going to take some time."

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi just curious if there is a different method for hatching eggs? I got the Charcadet egg from the fan club after task 2 and it's been a very long time and it still says "what will hatch from this? It's going to take some time."
    No, but I have plans to put an extra method in the future.

You can buy a Bicycle at rank 5 in the Rarity Shop to do steps faster.

Like RayrayYamada said, Charcadet has a pretty long hatch time.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've noticed an error with the Mega Mirror, I'm not sure if it applies to all, but Shiny Pokemon don't quite work right with the Mega Mirror. My Shiny Venusaur's front sprite remained the regular Venusaur sprite, though the back sprite still worked fine.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi
    I have a question
    Where can you find/get Cyclizar?
    Spoiler:

I've noticed an error with the Mega Mirror, I'm not sure if it applies to all, but Shiny Pokemon don't quite work right with the Mega Mirror. My Shiny Venusaur's front sprite remained the regular Venusaur sprite, though the back sprite still worked fine.
    A shiny Venusaur!? Nice! You had luck!

Thanks for the report! I gonna take a look.

Years
  • I'm trying to use JoiPlay to run the game on my AYN Odin and keep getting an error message before the game starts. "Script 'BitmapCache' line 82: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'critical' for Thread:Class."
    This is with the newest version of JoiPlay and the plugin that JoiPlay prompts me to download. I tried the versions in the opening post but they just crashed immediately.
    Also optimized the maps and disabled postload scripts, no change.

EDIT: I turned on "Use Ruby 1.8" and it worked!

Last edited:
    Back