• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm trying to use JoiPlay to run the game on my AYN Odin and keep getting an error message before the game starts. "Script 'BitmapCache' line 82: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'critical' for Thread:Class."
    This is with the newest version of JoiPlay and the plugin that JoiPlay prompts me to download. I tried the versions in the opening post but they just crashed immediately.
    Also optimized the maps and disabled postload scripts, no change.

EDIT: I turned on "Use Ruby 1.8" and it worked!
    Thanks for the workaround! i gonna suggest this for people with this error.

Hello FL
    Where can i get miraidon and koraindon ?
    Spoiler:

By a mistake of my part, it takes more time if your save was from v2.0. I gonna fix this at 2.1.4 (if you prefer to wait). I very likely will release this month.

zman97

zman day
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Could you create an arena where we can meet trainers from previous generations?
    These trainers will be buffed to make the game more challenging.
    I can provide sprites of the trainers if you need them.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You do eventually start fighting Gym Leaders/E4/Champions from other games in the Colosseum, starting at like, rank 9 or 10.

Anyway, one thing I'm wondering is where does one find Rufflet?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Could you create an arena where we can meet trainers from previous generations?
    These trainers will be buffed to make the game more challenging.
    I can provide sprites of the trainers if you need them.
    This is already in the game!
    Spoiler:

But one trainer sprite from my original plans was missing. I also like hear your ideas about new trainer to include, which aren't in these places.

Anyway, one thing I'm wondering is where does one find Rufflet?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • One more question, though, the Odin has a built-in controller with a D-Pad. In Reborn the controller D-pad moves the character, but I can't find any way to get it to do so in Island. Do you have any idea how I could do that?

zman97

zman day
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    This is already in the game!
    Spoiler:

But one trainer sprite from my original plans was missing. I also like hear your ideas about new trainer to include, which aren't in these places.

At Desert Pyramid Entrace (it's rare). Braviary can be commonly found at post-game area.
    + Can you add new trainers from manga or anime?
    + Or create a trainer with a random team.
    + You can also create a battle royale where trainers will start with starter Pokémon from 9 generations, each player will start with one Pokémon, then battle other trainers. If you win, you can take the opponent's Pokémon, until the final round where each player can only have 3 Pokémon in their team.
    + Create your own guild to recruit trainers, design badges (by combining badges from previous Pokemon games), and design a room ( where members can purchase items that can boost their strength ). Then, have random trainers challenge up to the fourth round, where a legendary trainer or starter trainer from previous generations may appear.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    One more question, though, the Odin has a built-in controller with a D-Pad. In Reborn the controller D-pad moves the character, but I can't find any way to get it to do so in Island. Do you have any idea how I could do that?
    I don't know. You probably need key to button mapping software, but I'm unsure if this will works with Joiplay

Can you add new trainers from manga or anime?
    There is no content of Anime/Manga since some people didn't like the Manga and, especially, the Anime. In the canon games, anime/manga/games are different universes. Still, I see no problem putting small references. There are several trainers that party match the ones in Anime and Manga.

Or create a trainer with a random team.
    I like this idea. I have a place where I have a lot of trainers, but maybe I can made a place with random teams.

You can also create a battle royale where trainers will start with starter Pokémon from 9 generations, each player will start with one Pokémon, then battle other trainers. If you win, you can take the opponent's Pokémon, until the final round where each player can only have 3 Pokémon in their team.
    Like a Battle Factory, but with Battle Royale and starters? I like this idea, but it will take a huge time to implement. I guess that this not worth it.

Create your own guild to recruit trainers, design badges (by combining badges from previous Pokemon games), and design a room ( where members can purchase items that can boost their strength ). Then, have random trainers challenge up to the fourth round, where a legendary trainer or starter trainer from previous generations may appear.
    Basically, design a Gym? I like this idea (maybe not the items), but it will take a time even bigger than previous one to implement (with several rooms, badge feature, recruit system, trainer balance). I guess that this not worth it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Edit: Found the Pyramid entrance (and opened the Pyramid without realizing, somehow). That means I can finally get Hisuian Braviary, since I caught a Rufflet there!

...How do you get the Ancient Lamp to light up the Pyramid?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know. You probably need key to button mapping software, but I'm unsure if this will works with Joiplay
    It does, the problem is, you can only use a keymapper if the buttons are visible, which goes against the whole point of using a controller in the first place. Do you have any other idea why this would work with other RMXP games but not Island?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ...How do you get the Ancient Lamp to light up the Pyramid?
    You need to search in the Pyramid.

It does, the problem is, you can only use a keymapper if the buttons are visible, which goes against the whole point of using a controller in the first place.
    No, I mean a key to button mapping software, like entering on an Android with a gamepad in the keboard mode. So the first button is equivalent to Z, for example.

Do you have any other idea why this would work with other RMXP games but not Island?
    Games like Reborn uses a more recent player who looks like support directional input from gamepad.

zman97

zman day
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    How do I select the RTP for RPG Maker XP in the latest version of Joiplay? I have tried selecting the folder but it didn't work."

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    is there a randomizer in this game
    No.

whats the best way to lvl up pokemon
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Speaking of the Pokemon Fitness, when can I unlock it? I just got access to the Volcano area (I forgot the number of the rank).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    VERSION 2.1.4 WITH BUGFIXES AND ALL BACKSPRITES RELEASED!

In order to add shinies and centralize the sprites, I needed to change some gen 9 sprites.

]
    Hello FL
    Where can i get miraidon and koraindon ?
    Spoiler:

By a mistake of my part, it takes more time if your save was from v2.0. I gonna fix this at 2.1.4 (if you prefer to wait). I very likely will release this month.
    Done!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hello FL, I have a question:
    Where can we plant berries? I got some that the description says "bury it in soft soil to grow X berry" but I cant find the soft soil xd

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    Hello, I downloaded this game because it seemed very interesting but when i go to play it closes out of the
    app without an error message every time I encounter a trainer or wild pokemon, does anyone know how I
    can fix this?

Back