• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    sadly not yet but he will be finished soon, also another scripter would be useful as when wh reach alpha 2 or just past alpha 1 we will be fixing nearly all bugs.
    I think i could scripe EP5 but from what happened last time :(, but we do have EP5 ready and ep6 map is being created.
    I will post info soon aswell as some new tiles like the pokecenter the mart and houses

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    How's progress going con?
    Has Samike finished 4th episode?

I've been working on it, I've been experiencing some problems in the script, but I've always been able to fix stuff in the past and I can work this out. I have a 3-day weekend so I was going to finish it but then I got guitar hero 5 :P

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    hehe is it any good? could you have time to finish the script?

Possibly, it might take more than this weekend. I'm working on it now, though. By the way, I looked at New-Wolfs map, and I don't think that that map is good enough to be in this hack. You should look over the map and read some tuts to improve your mapping.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    i agree with samike it would be best if you improve your mapping :)
    as i say we do not need a mapper urgently as I can map but i think this and I think samike would agree with me that we will need a scripter or ASM scripter more than a mapper.
    Now im not saying im going to replace you samike because you were the reason this hack started but you have been busy with life so another "backup" or "secondary" scripter would be good :)

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    i agree with samike it would be best if you improve your mapping :)
    as i say we do not need a mapper urgently as I can map but i think this and I think samike would agree with me that we will need a scripter or ASM scripter more than a mapper.
    Now im not saying im going to replace you samike because you were the reason this hack started but you have been busy with life so another "backup" or "secondary" scripter would be good :)

Yeah I agree it would help with the work, but I've also made a lot of progress today, some major problems came up in the script but I worked through them. I am almost done with the first out of the 2 ep 4 scripts. This script is a monster, though- I'm already at 350 lines. I'm just trying to make this long string of movements work, so I can get through with it if I get another 2-3 days of time where I can really focus.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    um if i did that shouldnt i really make the map then?
    just watch EP6 of JJ and you'll realise theres a little forest then a town.
    And samike thats great news!!!!
    also EP 5 should be quite easy to make, it will consist of:
    Movements
    Talk
    and battles
    oh and change of the weather to mist.

and also when EP 4 or 5 is done I will be adding some new HG/SS OWs like squirtle and hopefully get some tiles inserted like the pokecenter and indoor tiles HG/SS style!

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
    Should I make the Forest and City in Separate maps?
    I got the City figured out. *Working on it with full determination*
    The episode dose not tell much, only that it is a large city.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Good news guys- I have completed episode 4 :) And Honestly, I'm in love with the script, in my opinion it is the best work I've ever done :) Now out heroes can move closer to the first gym battle in Violet City. However...a spooky forest lurks close by....

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    mmm.. I belive I posted here before but Iam here to speak again on this hack. The hack looks like its progessiveing nicly witch is nice to see and I know the scripts will be fantastic because you have samike360 who is an awsome scripter but sadly the maps ,to be blunk, stink there very empt and ugly and its sad to see so much potential with such mad maps :P but I am not just going to sit here and say your maps stink and dont do anything about it. so I am offering two optionas ether A) I can coach/ teach your mappers on your team or B) I can join the team as a mapper

samike360 can voach on my mapping skills

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back