• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    i dont know if anyone's pointed this out, but i found this in Alpha 1.5.1...
    Pokémon Johto Adventures
    this means i can't get the item over there. also, if i enter Route 2 and then try to leave, the game freezes.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    yeah we'll fix those bugs but important news
    in the next few days ill be thinking weather to close this thread or not but if I do close it it does not mean ive stopped working on JA its just because of lack of updates to keep this thread alive.
    If anyone WANTS to take over this hack please ask me because I will probably still be working on it so i need a mapper and a second scripter,
    cya

Edit keeping thread open :)

Last edited:

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    I don't know any reason why is IPS unstable or more glitchy. I made ips patch several times and it always worked well. Also many hacks are distrubuted in IPS and there is no problem.
    Can you explain it?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I don't know any reason why is IPS unstable or more glitchy. I made ips patch several times and it always worked well. Also many hacks are distrubuted in IPS and there is no problem.
    Can you explain it?
    IPS sometimes does the white screen 'cause it have to shrink the size 'cause it has some size limitation... 5MB or something...

Con : APS is format which is produce by HackMew's A-Patch =)

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    IPS sometimes does the white screen 'cause it have to shrink the size 'cause it has some size limitation... 5MB or something...
    Hmm, maybe it's NOT truth.
    I've just tried to make ips patch that makes Pokémon Emerald game from Pokémon Fire Red game. (I used LIPS, "Pokemon Fire Red.gba" as original file and "Pokemon Emerald.gba" as modified file). It created patch with 11.4 MB size and it worked. When i used it on Pokémon Fire Red rom, the rom turned into fully functional Emerald game (I tested it to Oldale Town).
    So I still don't think there is something wrong with ips.
    (and sorry for off-topic, I don't want to set discussion about it.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    this is the best game ever but i cant download it or play it but my naighbour has it it looks aswoum hope u make more and i am 12 a year younger then u

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    right first get a firered U rom but you cant get them here
    then find and download LIPS
    then on my thread download the newest alpha
    once downloaded double-click and a file browser will pop-up
    find the firered rom
    and patched you can now play and your neighbour plays it cool, whats his username on here?

Years
    Jhoto is my favourait region. Because Crystal was my first pokemon game. Yet if I got free time I play crystal. I will never forget this game. Btw. It is a good hack. I hope you finish this hack. Good luck

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    just out of curiousity do you have an estimated time of completion for this hack? i wanna play the hack but i wanna make sure the game will be done when i do

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    i don't think it will be done for, like, months. it hasn't been updated in a while, but i'm sure co500 is working his hardest.
    keep up the good work!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Can you explain it?

Klofkac, don't you understand
    how many years IPS is created ago?
    At least 5 YEARS!

As for APS, it hasn't
    even been created for 1 year.

Compare their stableness.
    Sure, IPS Patches are easier to
    use, but once you get used
    to APS, here's what you'll get:

IPS < APS

Hack Mew is awesome.
    You cannot possibly say that IPS
    is better than a program created
    by an ASM Master, namely Hack Mew.

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Klofkac, don't you understand
    how many years IPS is created ago?
    At least 5 YEARS!

As for APS, it hasn't
    even been created for 1 year.

Compare their stableness.
    Sure, IPS Patches are easier to
    use, but once you get used
    to APS, here's what you'll get:

IPS < APS

Hack Mew is awesome.
    You cannot possibly say that IPS
    is better than a program created
    by an ASM Master, namely Hack Mew.

Erm.. Just 'cause it's older, doesn't make it bad, does it? .Ips is perfectly useful. Just as useful as .Aps.

Also, no offence to HackMew, but he is no master. There's no such thing as a master. In anything. There's ALWAYS room for improvement.

(Also, it's HackMew, not Hack Mew. Just sayin'.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back