• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Johto

Omnicron

Game Critic
    Years
    I've heard of tools that let change the music for each area... perhaps you could add the sevii island music for stuff like towns, routes, etc. It would give the game a more johto like feel.
    and a question....

Which will be caught first, Ho-Oh, or Lugia? Or do you get to choose?

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    Okay while a Johto Hack would really be appreciated could you please make some difference's. Even if their small ones. Like a extra area or two, harder routes, and updated roster's for the gym leaders and elite four.

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    looks cool man cant wait to play :D

FaNtEcH

u keep winning until u lose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    hey newton
    good work
    btw, i can map for you if you want
    I cant make new tiles though

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. If anybody's wondering why I havn't replied for so long it's because I went to Gran Canaria for two weeks ^_^ (Tenerief is better).

And hi Smithy.boy! Havn't seen you for like.....forever! XD

Anyway, Im now torn between what to do... you see Pokemon Emerald would be much better to use because of all of its features, but... I prefer FireRed graphics. So, I want to gather a team to convert Emerald's graphics to firered's, it's hard but not impossible. And then after that, make ths hack. So anybody up to the task please tell me! Only opt for it if you think you can do it.

Also I have a little list of features I hope to add to this hack:
    #Option to re-battle gym leaders for fun
    #Keep the battle tents, battle frontier, and other special emerald features

And this is my favorite idea: when you beat the elite four and the champion, you will actually become the new champion. You will get a secret champion base (not decided on a name yet) which you will hopefully be able to decorate like a secret base, there will be special shops and training areas there and more. It will be a place only accesable to champions like you, the original gold/silver champion, and perhaps others. It will have water, grass, sand etc for all kinds of training and the wild pokemon will be high levels too.

I will also make more than 1 rival, maybe many which you will bump into multiple times and battle with.

Wow, I rambled on a bit, well there's my two weeks worth :P I hope I can gather a worthy team to convert emeralds graphics ^_^

OK, someone reply so I don't feel lonely XD

burny_2005

Nintendo Wii = Ownage in a box
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    *Replies*, i like the idea of the additional stuff, but before you do that, i would advise attempting to put all the stuff that was in the original game in, like berries, pokegear, (Obviously not day and night).
    I know you dont need help at the moment but i can map, i think i can chage the starters, but i phail at spriting/converting/scripting, man we need an uber good scripter..

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    a lot of people prefer fire red graphics but i definitely don't think it's that important. i still get thrilled about amazing hacks done on Red, and not because i'm one of those people that think "oh snaps, old school hackers are the shiz!", but because how well the hack is executed. i say just make it on ruby... for some reason i believe that you could definitely do this hack either way, but i, like everyone else here, am at loss for patience. good luck.

Back