• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Journeys

Blah

Free supporter
Years
  • Pokémon Journeys

Hack of: Fire Red US
    Downloads: No releases

Hello, I'm FBI, formerly known as FBI Agent. I decided to make a hack about a week ago from this unexplainable desire to create a hack of an open world. I know some people enjoy Pokémon games for the peasant trainer to 8 badge champion experience, some to explore the world and others to catch 'em all. I wanted to make a hack which would cater to all of these audiences as well as remain positive for everyone else. There's dark organisations, gyms, capturing and plenty exploring to be done!

I'm slowly updating the engine, and upgrading graphics for now. My main focus is to finish the game rather than insert all 728 Pokémon or however many there are now. As someone who hasn't played a Pokémon game since Diamond and Pearl came out, let me show you what I think one should be like.

Story:

Tom, a Pokémon Hunter, was coming back come after one of his hunts when he discovered a young and injured child washed up at the shore. He decides to take the child home, and together with his wife are able to nurse the child back to health. This child is you. Several days later, you finally regain and the ability to move and clear consciousness. You go downstairs only to discover that the folks who took care of you had left the property for some shopping.

Here you are, in an unknown land, with no idea what's happened around you! How will you lead your Journeys in this mysterious land of which you have no memory of?

Features:

Spoiler:

Have you got a cool idea for a feature to add? Let me know, if I like it, I'll try implementing it!

Screenshots:

Currently default graphics. I'm going to finish the game first, then add miscellaneous features like graphical enhancements, and new Pokémon. Graphics are kind of hard for me because I'm colorblind.

Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys

Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys

Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys

Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys
    Pokémon Journeys

Videos:

It's an open world. You do whatever you want, including running into the grass without a starter, like a maniac. If you find yourself in this situation, you'll be unable to do anything but stare the Pokémon down for a few second before being forced to run back home.
    Spoiler:

If you're too high level you don't get exp. If you are the same level or at most 5 higher, you get normal experience. If you're lower level, you get boosted experience. The boost stacks with the trainer exp increase and the traded Pokémon bonus.
    Spoiler:

I changed bed slightly. With the absence if your mother healing you, I thought this would be a good change for the game.
    Spoiler:

So there's a faction called the Psychics. If you choose to become one, you'll gain some overworld perks. One of them is clairvoyance. You'll notice I pause the emulator inbetween, that's because the variables aren't set to activate it, so I have to manually set them in the memory viewer.
    Spoiler:

Another overworld function from the Psychics. This one allows you to teleport 5 steps ahead if the block has the same permissions and height as the one you're standing on (so no jumping through mountains or off bridges). Again you'll notice I pause the emulator inbetween. It's because I'm setting the bytes in RAM which act as the switch to call the routine :P
    Spoiler:

I might make more videos since in my opinion they show the features off better than any screenshot ever could. I don't know what the preference is however, do people like to see screenshots or watch short clips? This is more of a story, and gameplay driven hack than a graphical one which I could please people with screenshots. Again, I'm colorblind so graphics are a pain for me to do, pals especially :(

Progression:

Like 1%. It's really not very tangible, the game is going to be rather large with so many possibilities. I haven't quite pinpointed when I want to stop. I've absorbed a lot of knowledge these past couple years, and now I'm trying to release it in the form of a hack!
    Spoiler:

Credits:

• Knizz - Talk about making the most useful resource ever. His IDB is awesome!
      [*]MrDollsteak - ROM Base patch. Credits to all the contributers to that aswell, which you can find in detail in his thread :)
      [*]Touched - Just here for being awesome!
      [*]Doesntknowhowtoplay -Experience on capture
      [*]SphericalIce - Title screen text. Thanks :D

Note: Did I miss you? If so let me know (though honestly there is no way I missed you).

Extras:

Well, unexpected section over here. Someone made a userbar, so I thought I'd put that in here too.
    Pokémon Journeys

Thanks to Termigator.

Feel free to make your own stuff for this section if you wish :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Ooh! The ASM Lord finally have his hack. I bet this is going to be a supreme hack. I took a look and read the features, it caught my attention that some of those things aren't widely common in the Pokemon (core game) world. Looking forward to this one.

"Open World" got my curiousity. So that means the player will have to go into far places by foot, or some kind of transportation you planned there. Since that you have given it to go anywhere, it is gonna be a long trip to the last town (e.g. League) from the start after new game (in just about seven minutes of gameplay). Haha!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I'm very interested in this FBI!

Although I do hope you don't start hiding ASM hacks for the public :P

I really look forward to the DexNav feature in particular. If you could do some sort of Super Training EV Hack thought, that would be amazing!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Wow! That's quite the impressive feature list!

I'm really interested in knowing more about this Psychic faction. Apart from the "power-up", what kind of things could a player expect to do as a Psychic? And what exactly does the clairvoyance ability do?

This certainly looks promising, and I'm definitely looking forward to a release! Good luck! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2018
    hey get more help for this hack its cool BUT if you dont add all pokemons like all of them its going to be a normal usual hack.Pls add everything i dont care about the graphic its fine just add everything else

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    This looks great! Your maps are decent and I'm really looking forward to the new features.

If you need any (simple) help, let me know!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    This gonna be a next level of pokemon game.your idea is awesome.i will look forward to see this hack in a completed version.the feature i want is mega evolution.hope you think about it.bro,good luck

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Ahh, you don't know how long I've waited to make a post with a bazzilion quotes in it like the popular kids :D

Ooh! The ASM Lord finally have his hack. I bet this is going to be a supreme hack. I took a look and read the features, it caught my attention that some of those things aren't widely common in the Pokemon (core game) world. Looking forward to this one.

"Open World" got my curiousity. So that means the player will have to go into far places by foot, or some kind of transportation you planned there. Since that you have given it to go anywhere, it is gonna be a long trip to the last town (e.g. League) from the start after new game (in just about seven minutes of gameplay). Haha!

There's a guy in every major town who flies you places if you pay him off. Money certainly has a bigger impact in this game, as you can pay most people off to do things for you and stuff. There's also type-perks which I'll talk about a little towards the end of this post.

Looks very promissing!!! Good luck!!!

Thanks friend!

I'm very interested in this FBI!

Although I do hope you don't start hiding ASM hacks for the public :P

I really look forward to the DexNav feature in particular. If you could do some sort of Super Training EV Hack thought, that would be amazing!
    So I'm at a delicate point in this hack. I've inserted enough ASM routines to hit the 3 digits for total inserted. I'm 100% too lazy to post tutorials for all of them, that and I feel like people are just using my stuff and research without mentioning me. I personally don't really care too much about that, it's slightly irritating to do a lot of documentation and no one really acknowledges it. Basically, I'm super demotivated in making posts there anymore. Also, there's zero incentive to do so.

That said, I'm not going to go out of my way to obfuscate things. I'll make and post an ASM log file with the locations to all the routines in the ROM. Keen people can RIP them from there. That's the easy solution :P

For the Super Trainer EV hack, what do you have in mind? :o

Wow! That's quite the impressive feature list!

I'm really interested in knowing more about this Psychic faction. Apart from the "power-up", what kind of things could a player expect to do as a Psychic? And what exactly does the clairvoyance ability do?

This certainly looks promising, and I'm definitely looking forward to a release! Good luck! :)
    Thanks! The Psychics are a group of, well people who were born with Psychic abilities. They keep their existence secret by wiping the memories of people who come into contact with them. Their goal is to live in total secrecy while researching more about their abilities. As a Psychic, you will mostly be retrieving research from facilities and dealing with abusers (Abusers are people who aren't part of the Psychics, but use their powers in the open for personal gain). To the psychics, dealing with abusers is important to keep living in secrecy. They also intervene if something bad is happening in the region (if it threatens their state of living). There's a lot more to their story than that, but I think this is a safe amount to reveal :)

Clairvoyance has two modes. One mode is far-sight, in the video, it lets you see what's ahead. The second mode is right before you battle a trainer, you can read their Pokemon team. Effectively seeing their Roster and Pokemon order. You switch between both of these modes with the perk menu (WIP atm).

hey get more help for this hack its cool BUT if you dont add all pokemons like all of them its going to be a normal usual hack.Pls add everything i dont care about the graphic its fine just add everything else
    I'm trying to make a hack which is gameplay driven. Adding Pokemon, graphics and misc features will come in the future. I'll try to add as many new Pokemon as I can, let me first finish more of the game :)

This looks great! Your maps are decentamazing and I'm really looking forward to the new features.

If you need any (simple) help, let me know!
    Thanks Christos, I fixed a small spelling error in your post for you btw. Right now the only thing I need help with, are boring things like inserting stuff. So if you wanna help with that, you can :P

This gonna be a next level of pokemon game.your idea is awesome.i will look forward to see this hack in a completed version.the feature i want is mega evolution.hope you think about it.bro,good luck
    Thanks and sure, if I can fix the bugs in Megas right now, I'll include it :)

-------

This week I've mainly been busy mapping and adding in features/reworking current faction ideas. I'm not very sure people are interested in Overworld pics, so I'll probably keep the random "garbage updates" (which I consider to be just pics of the players overworld running around maps doing nothing) to a minimum and post to show the coooler things I'm working on.

I thought I'd first share a little about the factions I'm currently working on. They're seperated into Main factions and sub factions. Sub factions are distinct from the main factions, but they are smaller in terms of story and impact in the game. Currently every Pokemon type has a subfaction. Joining a faction, and completing their story gets you faction specific perks. I'll go through some of the factions and perks now.

Main Factions:

The Hunters Guild:
    The Hunters guild, like it's name, is an organisation made by Pokemon Hunters. Pokemon Hunters are basically like Pokemon collectors. Their goal is to catch 'em all and have fun exploring the region. The leader of the Hunter's Guild is the Gym leader at Boken City. Diana is the region's closest trainer to successfully capturing all the Pokemon, legends say she caught a Gyarados with her bare hands, of course, legends are legends.

Perk lvl 1:
    - Increased exp on capture (3x more exp than fainting). The idea is to keep the spirit of a Hunter intact, and allow players to go around capturing as many Pokemon as they can rather than spending time battling when they don't want to be battling.
    - Access to funds. Money is a big part of this game. Being part of the hunter's guild, the members will pay you off to learn more about where certain Pokemon are located and for filling you Pokedex.

Perk lvl 2:
    - The DexNav. Your Pokedex is upgraded to a Dexnav. I think this is important to have for someone who is hunting for Pokemon. The dexnav would definitely be useful to have :)
    - Your capture rate goes up the more Pokeballs you've throw in your lifetime. 1 ball = 1% increase capture chance. I want it to feel like overtime you are getting better at capturing Pokemon.

Perk lvl 3:
    - Impressed at your collection, the last trainer you battled will offer you a trade. If they think the trade is relatively even, or even in their favor, they will trade you. Trading is also one of the ways of filling your dex, and thus important for a Pokemon hunter!

Perk lvl 4:
    - Attracts. An attract is the opposite of a repel, it increases the encounter chance of Pokemon. However, there are many types of attracts, there are some which only attract a specific type of Pokemon. You can have an attract and repel on at the same time. ex: If you have the Fire Attract and you walk in a patch of grass, while having repel on, you will only be able to encounter Fire Pokemon. It makes Hunting for specific Pokemon easier.

- Legendary Hunting. Unlock legendary Hunting. Charles's little brother gives you hints and helps you track down certain legendary Pokemon!

The Psychics:
    The Psychics are a powerful group people gifted with Psychic abilities. They live their lives in secrecy, while trying to understand and master unworldly powers. Recently, a large wave of abusers have spawned throughout the continents, and the Psychics are trying their best to suppress the abusers.

Perk lvl 1:
    - Clairvoyance. The ability to see what's ahead in a path and when a trainer challenges you, you briefly have the chance to see their Pokemon, and rearrange your party.

Perk lvl 2:
    - Psychic Teleportation. The ability to teleport 5 steps ahead of where you are standing. It cannot be used to jump through height levels

Perk lvl 3:
    - Psychic Force. Enables water walking, the ability to crush stones and push boulders with your mind.

Perk lvl 4:
    - Memory wipe. You can erase the recent memories of trainers, allowing you to rebattle them.
    - Bansih. Send certain NPCs to a different Dimension temporarily.

The Bandits:

The Bandits were once a threatening group of bandits and thieves who ruled over Terra. A few years ago, their leader disappeared mysteriously, and the group started to die out. The co-leader Darts is trying his best to keep things rolling, but the Bandits are a shadow of what they once were, with only four members remaining.

Introduced System: Wanted System.
    After committing a crime, you become wanted. If seen by a Police officer, they will approach you and arrest you.

Perk lvl 1:
    - Stealer. Approach NPCs from behind and steal some of their Money,

Perk lvl 2:
    - Snag Ball. Capture Trainer Pokemon

Perk lvl 3:
    - Funded by the bandits, do small quests for their members, and be paid off money
    - Earn double money
    - Pay off police officers to let you go

Perk lvl 4:
    - Don't pay money when you lose
    - Use the Bandit's reputation to shop freely at marts
    - Threaten people who are selling things to give it to you for free
    - Buy property in Terra. You can own the whole place :D

The Pokemon League:

The Pokemon League oversees competition between trainers. They allow certain services to exist such as Pokemon Centers, and Pokemon Gyms. Joining the Pokemon league means becoming a registered trainer. Once you are registered, you'll be allowed to use these services, and climb the ranks.

Perk lvl 1-2:
    - Allowance to shop at marts and use Pokemon Centers
    - HMs can be used as field moves, like normal games

Perk lvl 3:
    - Once you defeat the elite four, you are offered a position as the Gym leader of Boken City

Perk lvl 4:
    - Once you've defended 50 challengers, you are offered a spot in the elite four
    - Access to things like the Pokemon Research Labs (which I'll keep in Mystery for now).

All type-subfaction perks:
    Perk 1: This is normally a certain field move. For ex: Flying types can Fly, water can Surf. If your type doesn't have an HM move, you get a different field move (Fire gets Sunny Day, Dark types get veil ect..).
    Perk 2: Type specialization allows increased shiny chance for Pokemon of that type
    Perk 3 (unlocked by Pokemon league faction): If you beat the elite four using only one type, you become the "Master" in the region of that type. It's just a fame perk, and you get your own Gym for it (1 Gym only though, no multiple ones).

Demonstration of the Hunter's Guild Perk level 3:

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ahh, you don't know how long I've waited to make a post with a bazzilion quotes in it like the popular kids :D

There's a guy in every major town who flies you places if you pay him off. Money certainly has a bigger impact in this game, as you can pay most people off to do things for you and stuff. There's also type-perks which I'll talk about a little towards the end of this post.

Thanks friend!

So I'm at a delicate point in this hack. I've inserted enough ASM routines to hit the 3 digits for total inserted. I'm 100% too lazy to post tutorials for all of them, that and I feel like people are just using my stuff and research without mentioning me. I personally don't really care too much about that, it's slightly irritating to do a lot of documentation and no one really acknowledges it. Basically, I'm super demotivated in making posts there anymore. Also, there's zero incentive to do so.

That said, I'm not going to go out of my way to obfuscate things. I'll make and post an ASM log file with the locations to all the routines in the ROM. Keen people can RIP them from there. That's the easy solution :P

For the Super Trainer EV hack, what do you have in mind? :o

Thanks! The Psychics are a group of, well people who were born with Psychic abilities. They keep their existence secret by wiping the memories of people who come into contact with them. Their goal is to live in total secrecy while researching more about their abilities. As a Psychic, you will mostly be retrieving research from facilities and dealing with abusers (Abusers are people who aren't part of the Psychics, but use their powers in the open for personal gain). To the psychics, dealing with abusers is important to keep living in secrecy. They also intervene if something bad is happening in the region (if it threatens their state of living). There's a lot more to their story than that, but I think this is a safe amount to reveal :)

Clairvoyance has two modes. One mode is far-sight, in the video, it lets you see what's ahead. The second mode is right before you battle a trainer, you can read their Pokemon team. Effectively seeing their Roster and Pokemon order. You switch between both of these modes with the perk menu (WIP atm).

I'm trying to make a hack which is gameplay driven. Adding Pokemon, graphics and misc features will come in the future. I'll try to add as many new Pokemon as I can, let me first finish more of the game :)

Thanks Christos, I fixed a small spelling error in your post for you btw. Right now the only thing I need help with, are boring things like inserting stuff. So if you wanna help with that, you can :P

Thanks and sure, if I can fix the bugs in Megas right now, I'll include it :)

-------

This week I've mainly been busy mapping and adding in features/reworking current faction ideas. I'm not very sure people are interested in Overworld pics, so I'll probably keep the random "garbage updates" (which I consider to be just pics of the players overworld running around maps doing nothing) to a minimum and post to show the coooler things I'm working on.

I thought I'd first share a little about the factions I'm currently working on. They're seperated into Main factions and sub factions. Sub factions are distinct from the main factions, but they are smaller in terms of story and impact in the game. Currently every Pokemon type has a subfaction. Joining a faction, and completing their story gets you faction specific perks. I'll go through some of the factions and perks now.

Main Factions:

The Hunters Guild:
    The Hunters guild, like it's name, is an organisation made by Pokemon Hunters. Pokemon Hunters are basically like Pokemon collectors. Their goal is to catch 'em all and have fun exploring the region. The leader of the Hunter's Guild is the Gym leader at Boken City. Diana is the region's closest trainer to successfully capturing all the Pokemon, legends say she caught a Gyarados with her bare hands, of course, legends are legends.

Perk lvl 1:
    - Increased exp on capture (3x more exp than fainting). The idea is to keep the spirit of a Hunter intact, and allow players to go around capturing as many Pokemon as they can rather than spending time battling when they don't want to be battling.
    - Access to funds. Money is a big part of this game. Being part of the hunter's guild, the members will pay you off to learn more about where certain Pokemon are located and for filling you Pokedex.

Perk lvl 2:
    - The DexNav. Your Pokedex is upgraded to a Dexnav. I think this is important to have for someone who is hunting for Pokemon. The dexnav would definitely be useful to have :)
    - Your capture rate goes up the more Pokeballs you've throw in your lifetime. 1 ball = 1% increase capture chance. I want it to feel like overtime you are getting better at capturing Pokemon.

Perk lvl 3:
    - Impressed at your collection, the last trainer you battled will offer you a trade. If they think the trade is relatively even, or even in their favor, they will trade you. Trading is also one of the ways of filling your dex, and thus important for a Pokemon hunter!

Perk lvl 4:
    - Attracts. An attract is the opposite of a repel, it increases the encounter chance of Pokemon. However, there are many types of attracts, there are some which only attract a specific type of Pokemon. You can have an attract and repel on at the same time. ex: If you have the Fire Attract and you walk in a patch of grass, while having repel on, you will only be able to encounter Fire Pokemon. It makes Hunting for specific Pokemon easier.

- Legendary Hunting. Unlock legendary Hunting. Charles's little brother gives you hints and helps you track down certain legendary Pokemon!

The Psychics:
    The Psychics are a powerful group people gifted with Psychic abilities. They live their lives in secrecy, while trying to understand and master unworldly powers. Recently, a large wave of abusers have spawned throughout the continents, and the Psychics are trying their best to suppress the abusers.

Perk lvl 1:
    - Clairvoyance. The ability to see what's ahead in a path and when a trainer challenges you, you briefly have the chance to see their Pokemon, and rearrange your party.

Perk lvl 2:
    - Psychic Teleportation. The ability to teleport 5 steps ahead of where you are standing. It cannot be used to jump through height levels

Perk lvl 3:
    - Psychic Force. Enables water walking, the ability to crush stones and push boulders with your mind.

Perk lvl 4:
    - Memory wipe. You can erase the recent memories of trainers, allowing you to rebattle them.
    - Bansih. Send certain NPCs to a different Dimension temporarily.

The Bandits:

The Bandits were once a threatening group of bandits and thieves who ruled over Terra. A few years ago, their leader disappeared mysteriously, and the group started to die out. The co-leader Darts is trying his best to keep things rolling, but the Bandits are a shadow of what they once were, with only four members remaining.

Introduced System: Wanted System.
    After committing a crime, you become wanted. If seen by a Police officer, they will approach you and arrest you.

Perk lvl 1:
    - Stealer. Approach NPCs from behind and steal some of their Money,

Perk lvl 2:
    - Snag Ball. Capture Trainer Pokemon

Perk lvl 3:
    - Funded by the bandits, do small quests for their members, and be paid off money
    - Earn double money
    - Pay off police officers to let you go

Perk lvl 4:
    - Don't pay money when you lose
    - Use the Bandit's reputation to shop freely at marts
    - Threaten people who are selling things to give it to you for free
    - Buy property in Terra. You can own the whole place :D

The Pokemon League:

The Pokemon League oversees competition between trainers. They allow certain services to exist such as Pokemon Centers, and Pokemon Gyms. Joining the Pokemon league means becoming a registered trainer. Once you are registered, you'll be allowed to use these services, and climb the ranks.

Perk lvl 1-2:
    - Allowance to shop at marts and use Pokemon Centers
    - HMs can be used as field moves, like normal games

Perk lvl 3:
    - Once you defeat the elite four, you are offered a position as the Gym leader of Boken City

Perk lvl 4:
    - Once you've defended 50 challengers, you are offered a spot in the elite four
    - Access to things like the Pokemon Research Labs (which I'll keep in Mystery for now).

All type-subfaction perks:
    Perk 1: This is normally a certain field move. For ex: Flying types can Fly, water can Surf. If your type doesn't have an HM move, you get a different field move (Fire gets Sunny Day, Dark types get veil ect..).
    Perk 2: Type specialization allows increased shiny chance for Pokemon of that type
    Perk 3 (unlocked by Pokemon league faction): If you beat the elite four using only one type, you become the "Master" in the region of that type. It's just a fame perk, and you get your own Gym for it (1 Gym only though, no multiple ones).

Demonstration of the Hunter's Guild Perk level 3:

It seems that there're many amazing functions and routines in this hack! I appreciate your work!!!
    /*(But it's quite strange to see you making a hack instead of writing source code xD)*/

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2015
    Features! Features focused hack, I would never imagine that I will fall in love with it. The presentation of the game play is unique. I support this hack.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    The want I feel for this hack is stronger then my want for the new pokemon super mystery game, and that is a lot of want.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Wow, the factions sound amazing, and there are so many choices. I cannot wait until the first demo is released.
    Would joining the Bandits prevent you from defeating gyms and fighting in the Pokemon League?
    Is it possible to join more than one faction? I do have a question though.
    Will all 721 Pokemon be in this hack (eventually?)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I need this game! It looks like it can really be a fun hack. And dat replay value!

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Features! Features focused hack, I would never imagine that I will fall in love with it. The presentation of the game play is unique. I support this hack.

Spoiler:
    Hey, thanks a lot! And thanks for the banner too :D

The want I feel for this hack is stronger then my want for the new pokemon super mystery game, and that is a lot of want.
    Thanks, hopefully you'll find it to your liking!

Wow, the factions sound amazing, and there are so many choices. I cannot wait until the first demo is released.
    Would joining the Bandits prevent you from defeating gyms and fighting in the Pokemon League?
    Is it possible to join more than one faction? I do have a question though.
    Will all 721 Pokemon be in this hack (eventually?)
    You can join all 4 of the "big" factions without conflict. The idea with the bandits is that when you're low rank, you're not really in the radar, and at higher ranks the organisation has corrupted the area enough to where they can cover things up. As for all the Pokemon, that'll be a goal, but it'll wait until I finish other important things first :)

I need this game! It looks like it can really be a fun hack. And dat replay value!
    Thanks, hopefully it'll live up to your liking!

I've been messing around with the titlescreen recently. It's rather limited in the sense that it uses all 4 available BGs, and the title takes 13 of the available 16 palette slots. That's why you'll see a lot of hackers having "still screen" titlescreens, in which the "press start" doesn't flash. It's the trade off for having a background that is more than 4 colors/not shared with the press start palette. I've found a neat workaround for that, and even added in a cool (imo) cry when the Pokemon comes in.

I'm thinking of adding some OAM effects too, the obvious one being wind, but that I think would require some sort of sound effect to be super cool. For now I settled with having Latias move around a bit.

Obviously, I'm not good with resizing large sprites, so the Latias could be better looking.
    Oh, almost forgot to mention, SphericalIce made the text for me :D

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Hey guys, it's your friendly double-poster FBI here again. Recently I've been working on making a DexNav, while it's still incomplete, I thought I'd throw in what I have so far just to keep the updates happening regularly. It's a rather large task, as I'm sure you can imagine. I've yet to make the Search Screen.

Updates:

- Added new movement speed "Sneaking". Hold A + movement buttons to sneak. No other movement speeds have been replaced.

- Implemented 80% of DexNav. Missing UI and missing a few minor implementation details like Search level not increasing if you don't battle.

- Added some battle backgrounds

- Some mapping done (not shown in this update cause, who wants to see maps anyways).

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    The title screen is looking nice, although there are some lone ugly pixels around the Version Logo that might need to be changed. The sprite is fine size wise so don't change it.

Good Job!^^

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • The title screen is looking nice, although there are some lone ugly pixels around the Version Logo that might need to be changed. The sprite is fine size wise so don't change it.

Good Job!^^

Thanks, I've fixed the random pixels in the titlescreen logo :)

I've also went back and shrunk the textsize for the dexnav pop-up. It's much smaller now, so you can see more of the OW.
    Pokémon Journeys

Right now I'm working on a complete follow me and "disguises".

Disguises are supposed to be the Ghost type OW perk, basically you can disguise yourself as the last person you talked to and transform into them temporarily. It can be used to sneak past gaurds with a disguise, and get into places you otherwise wouldn't be able to. It was a tough decision between disguise, possessing NPCs and walking through walls, but I think disguise will be the coolest one out of those three. I've already finished coding it, I just need to work on some bug fixes, because some NPC OWs don't have running sprites/ect.

Follow me is for after you become champion. You can make someone your student and they will travel with you. The benefits are they will keep your Pokemon healthy and occasionally have HM moves on their Pokemon which you can utilize :)

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Not to toot your horn too hard, but if this somehow gets completed, it could be the best hack of all time. I'm dead serious, this looks incredible.
    Best of luck to you, FBI.

I'm expecting the greatest hack of all existence. No pressure, buddy.

EDIT: also you should show the world how to do "Follow-me"(if you have indeed figure it out, so somebody can make a Pokemon Yellow remake.

Back