• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
Years
  • Yeah, sure ;)
    I'll post them here when they're done.
    Is it ok to mention me (Pixelhaufen) in your hack, then? :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    This looks very good, the telepathy thing looks interesting. Haven't played yet gonna give it a try though here.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Yeah, sure ;)
    I'll post them here if they're done. Is it ok to mention me (Pixelhaufen) in your hack, then? :3
    Will do in the intro. I'll post the picture when done - it's a simple raw file that will take about 15 minutes to do.

((I'm going to make sure your sprite has the colour limit okay. Your Jenna sprite pwns mine XD))

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Well well... sorry i forgot about the colour limit last time. I hope you won't have any problems with the new ones. I haven't tested them but at least they're 4bit and have the correct height/width now.

(what raw file were you exactly talking about?)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Well, basically I draw a picture and I have to arrange the tiles in a certain way. The file that tells how to arrange the tiles is the RAW. Anyhow, it takes like 5 minutes to do, but I need to find a picture for it. If you've played the rom, the picture I'm refering to is the picture that it shows right after the 2008 Crazybuizel screen, which right now it's a purple image of Ivan. I'll get it up ASAP for approval.

Your Garet looks like an updated version of my Garet. I bet you edited the same sprite as mine. And your Mia looks like the Pokemon-fied version of the Battle Sprite, which is awesome.

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Aren't you using unLZ-GBA for inserting the sprites? Because it allows you easily to import .png pictures and write them to rom. I just tried inserting the Isaac and it worked perfectly.
    I actually took your Garet and improved him a bit, because i thought he was ok, except for some details.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Golden Sun, one of my favorite games. I know it's based on Golden Sun, but you should really consider changing your tileset (or ROM Base, whatever you like to call it). Up to now it looks pretty good though, especially the Sprites. Will Jupiter Lighthouse (or any of the Lighthouses in fact) be included? Just wondering.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • @Muriyashi:
    Here you go:
    Pokémon Jupiter Version

This is how I'll be giving credit to you in the game. If you see anything wrong with it, then let me know.

Also, have you adjusted the sprite colours on Jenna yet? Need that done. I can do it myself, but I'm worried about messing up your sprite. I could just remove the staff, which would make it easier... but still...

I added the sprites that you made, excluding Jenna's. Here's Isaac's:
    Pokémon Jupiter Version

I also fixed his event, he should work in the next release now. On to Charon's mysterious ways in Darkfall Cave...

------------------------------------
    I will not be adding lighthouses - too many maps. Although I'll most likely be using their tiles somewhere, so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • @Charon
    Ok, I just reduced Jenna to 16 colours. (thought you had already done that)
    Of course she looks a bit worse now but i think it's the best solution. Thanks for the credits.

@Number Prince
    thanks!

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Great, I'll insert that next.

And yay, you're the first person to call me by my prefered name on the internet ^^ (I'll get a name change eventually, but I need to wait another 2 months)

Also, could you do me an Ivan, Felix, and possibly an edit of Picard (Piers)? I'm pretty content with my Sheba but if you want to change her as well, that's fine. You have a great talent for this whole spriting thing.

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Those are some nice updates there.
    -noticed post on previous page-
    I'm guessing the female trainer is based on Hama..
    Now can I have my cookie? :D.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • This reminds me of Golden Sun, and Jupiter and Mars remind me of Djinni
    ... Wow. That's all I have to say to that. Wow.

Those are some nice updates there.
    -noticed post on previous page-
    I'm guessing the female trainer is based on Hama..
    Now can I have my cookie? :D.
    Why of course. I needed to implement her into the game because of her sheer awesomeness, and I needed another Jupiter Adept so they would share the same powers. Good for you to remember a character of such excellency. I need to redo her backsprite, though TT_TT

Speaking of which, I think Telepathy will only work for the first few towns in the next release, simply because it takes a HUGE amount of time to do. If anyone wants to write some Telepathy scripts out, I wouldn't mind giving the skeleton out. (But it will be very hard to implement this way, mind you)

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    hey really like this hack.are u an experienced hacker?cause the graphical part of this hack is very impressive!

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • So, wait. I'm confused. Does Psynergy play a role at all in this?
    Most likely not directly from Ivan (with the exception of Mind Read and possibly Reveal), but I'll probably giving field effects to such Pokemon moves as "Whirlwind" (after, well, whirlwind) and "Magnitute" (after Tremor)... this might give a good reason to get a very leveled team, as both of those moves will not be TMs.

Hell, I might add some moves to be used even if they don't have field psynergy equivalents.

And I just noticed that there are so many copyright infringements, its not even funny. Nintendo, Camelot, Discovery Channel, BBC, Square Enix, Konami...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back