• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I'm assuming gigantamax pokemon will function like mega evolution here? will it have the same +100 to their base stats barring hp?

Also does that mean that certain pokemon like charizard will have multiple mega forms? X/Y/Gigantamax that is.

Exactly, pretty much.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I am confused should I wait for the next release or this is the final version? I love this game btw. Gen5 is my fave and playing with them in Gen3 software is everything for me.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
I am confused should I wait for the next release or this is the final version? I love this game btw. Gen5 is my fave and playing with them in Gen3 software is everything for me.

This is the final release already for Kanto Black, the creator is just posting progress of the new hack they're developing as they haven't posted a thread for it yet ^^

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
Where is the president's secretary? I've checked and double-checked my bag in case I missed it, as well as the PC. So then I went back into the Silph CO. to find them- and I'm sure I checked every single person there. I can't find the secretary.

Years
Hey, Mystery Man. I loved Kanto Black, that was my possibly favourite non-CFRU romhack; and patiently waiting for Ultra Heart of Fire to be released. Kudos to you and your efforts.

One minor bug. In spoilers.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
I'm currently playing through the game and having a great time doing so. This is really well made and I'm excited to continue the game. However, there are some bugs I'm running into. Many small so I haven't thought much about it, but the biggest one is during the Lt. Surge fight. Volt Switch still switches out his pokemon even if the move is absorbed by a ground type, not with lightning rod. With Lightning Rod, the game softlocks when the user has +6 with full health and the opponent uses Volt Switch. Obviously the latter isn't exactly a common scenario, but the former is really useful to gain tempi on the opponent. It might end up being more effective to give Lt. Surge Wild Charge if these problems aren't able to be fixed. I'll be sure to let you know of any more that come to mind when playing, and thanks again for making it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I don't know if anybody's posted about this, but randomly, the difficulty setting changed without me doing anything. I set the difficulty to 5, Chaos Mode. That worked at least until Surge. I made it to Blaine and after returning to my character's home, the console said the difficulty was at 3. Looking back at my recordings, it seemed that the difficulty changed at some point after Surge, definitely by the time I battled Erika. I was so tilted at this, I basically have to start over because I want the entire run to be in Chaos Mode.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I don't know if anybody's posted about this, but randomly, the difficulty setting changed without me doing anything. I set the difficulty to 5, Chaos Mode. That worked at least until Surge. I made it to Blaine and after returning to my character's home, the console said the difficulty was at 3. Looking back at my recordings, it seemed that the difficulty changed at some point after Surge, definitely by the time I battled Erika. I was so tilted at this, I basically have to start over because I want the entire run to be in Chaos Mode.

I'll definitely make a note of this issue in the main post. I'm not entirely sure what could be changing the difficulty settings, but there's definitely an event/script out there that seems to mess with the settings, something that I wasn't sure was unique to the version I have or was already an issue on the public release. -2 points could mean that EVs were turned off somehow or trainer modes/teams were turned down to normal (gym leader names appear with something that looks like a β after their names if normal mode, whereas the strongest versions appear with an X after their name)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I didn't expect a response so soon, thanks. I did start over and had a fun run, even recorded it.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Got some stuff to show, some familiar features you've seen in other hacks plus some of the new locations in the now mostly open Kanto.
Spoiler:

(Note: this is for the next hack, not Kanto Black)

Hella pumped for this! Thought I'd pop by and ask how progress is coming along for this beauty.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
Does anyone know where to encounter ferroseed in kanto black? I am struggling really hard to find it

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
It's been a while since I have worked on UHoF. Honestly, I have been stumped with how to proceed with the hack. In hindsight, for what I was going for, it was way too ambitious. That's one part of it. The other part of it is that I have been wanting to move everything to decomp, but felt like that would involve too much time and effort for it to be worthwhile, but at the same time, I disliked my limitations with binary hacking even though I was using the CFRU.

Since I have been away, some other things piqued my interest. Take a look:
YQa9Miz.png
GFdRIvq.png
7oOFFQo.png
gz4DvGa.png

ZsW0qG3.png
bUyk7PE.png
hz63DGw.png
rJx4pXF.png

Even though all of these screenshots are from Ages, I have also been working on Seasons as well--so two Zelda hacks. If anybody is interested in keeping updated with these hacks, I'll repurpose the UHoF secret server (which only had me and some friends) for these two projects: https://discord.gg/8sjzNbFxNK

give me some time to repurpose the Discord server plz...

Since I have been working on the Zelda hacks, I have begun thinking about UHoF again. Perhaps after I finish the Zelda hacks (soonish?), rather than continuing the project, my inclination is to split it into 2 mini-hacks (probably 1/3 to 1/2 the length of a main game with what I am thinking of). The way I originally envisioned UHoF demanded much more time and effort than I'm willing to put into it. Definitely going decomp for those projects. I would really hate for the gigantic world I have created for UHoF to just be kept to myself.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Final bump before I start posting about next Pokemon projects!

Here is the Discord server for Kanto Black, UHoF (eventually potentially 2 different mini-hacks), and the two Zelda hacks: https://discord.gg/8sjzNbFxNK

At the moment, I am primarily working on the two Zelda hacks during my off-time. Discord might be the only place where I'll be posting updates for these two hacks until I finally make the thread for it.

I have some older UHoF stuff on the server as well, but at this point, they're really only eye candy, at least until I get back into Pokemon hacking. not looking forward to moving my work to decomp

Zelda hacks stuff:
Spoiler:

Back