• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
This is a brilliant step by step guide, but has one massive problem. Applying the save fix will actually break LC, because we have already modified the save structure in the base game.

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I will go and edit the guide right now. You can use and post this guide anywhere like http://www.romhack.me/pokemonliquidcrystal/ if you want since I'm sure people always ask how to transfer ROM Hacks like LC to flashcarts.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
There is already pokemon liquid crystal download for both the ez flash iv and for the supercard sd and mini sd on youtube.
I can't post links but it seems people don't know where to search...

Wyvern123

Hacker, Fanfic Writer
Years
I am stuck on the Valencia Island. The entrances to the Crystal Caves are blocked by Team Nexus. Is this the end of the Beta? If not, please tell me what to do. I did the Cave of Wisdom quest as well and got the teleporter working.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. I guess I will go and edit the guide right now. You can use and post this guide anywhere like http://www.romhack.me/pokemonliquidcrystal/ if you want since I'm sure people always ask how to transfer ROM Hacks like LC to flashcarts.

Ok I think I figured out what's going on I opened up the completely unpatched fire red in GBATA and under the header viewer tab the fixed section says "OK" But once I apply the LC patch the fixed section says "BAD". How do I fix this? I guess the error occurs during the patching process. When I send the game to EZ Flash IV I change the save type to 128k right?

Years
There is already pokemon liquid crystal download for both the ez flash iv and for the supercard sd and mini sd on youtube.
I can't post links but it seems people don't know where to search...

Well for one, posting links to ROM files are BANNED, and for two, that download is most likely outdated and not a live beta patch. And by downloading the patch from a third-party, you aren't supporting the creators of pokemon liquid crystal who spend days upon weeks just to release a FREE ROM hack. Not to mention that my method works for EVERY ROM hack and allows the game to load much faster on flashcarts. Also, my method will work forever and always, while you would have to wait and hope that whoever posted the download on youtube updates it everytime LC updates(which can be a lot).

Ok I think I figured out what's going on I opened up the completely unpatched fire red in GBATA and under the header viewer tab the fixed section says "OK" But once I apply the LC patch the fixed section says "BAD". How do I fix this? I guess the error occurs during the patching process. When I send the game to EZ Flash IV I change the save type to 128k right?

Yeah, the LC patch does that to the ROM for some reason. Using the "Fix Header" button fixes this problem. Refer to the guide I posted earlier for sending it to the EZ-Flash IV. When you put the fixed ROM GBATA gives you into the EZ Client, set the "Save Size" to 1024K bits. That may seem like a big number, but that's because K bits is DIFFERENT than KB. KB is a bigger unit, so divide 1024K bits by 8(since 8 K bits make a KB) and you get the standard 128K you normally get from say VBA. The save SHOULD to be this size, or else the game may not work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Yeah, the LC patch does that to the ROM for some reason. Using the "Fix Header" button fixes this problem. Refer to the guide I posted earlier for sending it to the EZ-Flash IV. When you put the fixed ROM GBATA gives you into the EZ Client, set the "Save Size" to 1024K bits. That may seem like a big number, but that's because K bits is DIFFERENT than KB. KB is a bigger unit, so divide 1024K bits by 8(since 8 K bits make a KB) and you get the standard 128K you normally get from say VBA. The save SHOULD to be this size, or else the game may not work.
The Fix Header button is greyed out though. So what do I do? The file works on VBA though. Thanks for your patience.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
And I keep thinking the beta ends after third Gym in Orange Islands... That means that no much progress since the beta 3. No offenses here though..

Yup, you're right. Very little actual progress has been made, but then, what did you expect when the number at the front of the Beta hasn't changed. This is, very much, still Beta 3 and most of the stuff we've done has been bug fixes.

LC is a much nicer game to play than it was at Christmas 2011 because we've spent so much time fixing things.

There's also the fact that both Linkandzelda and I have real lives (as you know, I'm not accusing you of being nasty or anything) and our ROM Hacking time has been significantly limited recently.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Then skip that part entirely. I updated the guide so it SHOULD have the correct intructions now. Tell me if you have any more problems.

I'm still having trouble. I'll tell you exactly what I did. I opened my clean fire red game in GBATA and the fixed section says "OK" The game appears to be fine. Then I downloaded the latests update for LC and applied the patch using Lunar IPS and it successfully patched. I then opened up LC in VBA and it appears to run perfectly but I could not find the build number thing you were talking about. Where is that located? Also when the game first loads it says " Loaded Battery" in the lower corner of the game but it disappears. The game appears to work fine. I check the game in GBATA like you say to and the fixed section no longer says "OK" it says "BAD". The "Fix header" button is greyed out so I can't click it like you say to. I then proceed to transfer it to the EZ Flash IV with EZ Client but when I load LC I get a white screen. Does this make any more sense?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Nope. If you have the latest beta then that one ends after second Orange Islands' gym.

It ends at the start of the 3rd island, Mandarin Island.

For the guy who wanted to know what to do to get into Crystal Caves: go to the town without the Pokemon Center, talk to the guy in the museum, then talk to the guy at the cave entrance in that town, then back to museum, then back to cave entrance. It should trigger a battle and you will have access to the Crystal Caves.

Something along those lines.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
What about the starters;
How do we obtain them;

Gen 1 and Gen 2 all 6 are available, look around. Mudkip from Gen is available. All are free from people, have 1 slot in party to receive them. The Mudkip is on the mountain on the 2nd orange island. I know there's one in Tohjo falls, one southwest of Cherrywood city in the easter egg surf area, and the rest are just scattered around everywhere.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2020
well i am at 5th badge and still nothing
and something else:Do we have a map or are we blind in the whole game;
Thanks in regards

Back