• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Ok, so I beat Red after beating the Elite Four the second time. I was then introduced to that secret agency that the red haired guy is in, Axel, or whatever his name is. Does anyone know what mission he tells you to go on after you beat the Team Saturn(?) guy who is trying to get the Regis? All I have been doing now is going around looking for legendaries, and in the spot of articuno I found a nevermeltice. I also found a Ruby, and a DNA sample for where I think mewtwo should be. Can anyone help me with any of these problems? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    hey tell me ... why my pokemon can't get more exp when the nexus grunt event appear ?? ..

is this bug or part of the beta ?? ..

tnx please answer me

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    hey tell me ... why my pokemon can't get more exp when the nexus grunt event appear ?? ..

is this bug or part of the beta ?? ..

tnx please answer me

I assume you're talking about not being able to gain experience while in the Orange Islands?

If so then it is part of the game and you will have to follow the story to be able to get experience in that location.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    You're probably not far enough in the game. I had the same problem. I tried getting to Whirl Islands right after I got the TM, but it wouldn't work.

I was able to get in and capture Lugia later, so you should be able to access it eventually. But I can't remember what triggers it, though, sorry. :(

For me it was triggered by going to the Dragon's Den and using whirlpool there. Once I managed to use it there I was able to use it in other locations such as Whirl Islands as well (whereas I couldn't before).

However, if my memory is correct, I do believe there may be a bug on one of the Whirl Island whirlpools where even if you use whirlpool on it you still can't cross over it - if this happens to you just go to one of the other islands. The one you need to enter to catch Lugia shouldn't be affected.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Ok, so I beat Red after beating the Elite Four the second time. I was then introduced to that secret agency that the red haired guy is in, Axel, or whatever his name is. Does anyone know what mission he tells you to go on after you beat the Team Saturn(?) guy who is trying to get the Regis? All I have been doing now is going around looking for legendaries, and in the spot of articuno I found a nevermeltice. I also found a Ruby, and a DNA sample for where I think mewtwo should be. Can anyone help me with any of these problems? Thanks!

Have you completed all his missions that he has asked you to do in the Kanto Office at Vermilion City? If so, you need to go the Orange Islands next.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Does anyone know how to get the three legendary birds? I have looked everywhere and cannot find them. (Already did the flute thing)

Thanks!

I've never experienced that before myself. It is probably a bug, in which case you should report it to the game makers (they tell you how to do so on the front page of this thread).

However, before doing so, check that the pokemon that repels wild animals at the front of your party isn't holding an item that may be causing the wild pokemon not to appear. For example, one of the flutes (I think black?) reduces encounters when used.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Does anyone know how to get the three legendary birds? I have looked everywhere and cannot find them. (Already did the flute thing)

Thanks!

While Zapdos never appeared in my game (possibly a bug), I found the other two by completing missions for Axel which took place after I had the 16 badges and beat Red.

When you do missions for him you will come across the birds, saving them from Team Saturn (I think). Once saved they will then go to their 'nests' where you can catch them.

You should find Moltres in Mt.Moltar on Route 42.

You should find Articuno in Ice Path on Route 44.

You should find Zapdos in Rock Tunnel on Route 10 (inside there you will find the old power plant).

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Hi, I'm quite enjoying myself in my first playthrough. However I just got the radio expansion card and It isnt allowing me to tune the radio : /. Neither have I been able to receive any phone numbers. Either entity brings up the message upon use "The "Phone/Radio" is currently not working.". This would be kinda showstopping when I get to the Snorlax that needs be wakened.

I am currently using version 3.3.00451 and using the correct emulator. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Or is it some kind of nasty persistent bug that requires a game restart? Help appreciated thank you! (Also used the search function/google and couldnt find anything other than a user with a similar and unsolved issue : /)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Hi, I'm quite enjoying myself in my first playthrough. However I just got the radio expansion card and It isnt allowing me to tune the radio : /. Neither have I been able to receive any phone numbers. Either entity brings up the message upon use "The "Phone/Radio" is currently not working.". This would be kinda showstopping when I get to the Snorlax that needs be wakened.

I am currently using version 3.3.00451 and using the correct emulator. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Or is it some kind of nasty persistent bug that requires a game restart? Help appreciated thank you! (Also used the search function/google and couldnt find anything other than a user with a similar and unsolved issue : /)

I never tried getting the radio to work on my game so I can't comment on that, but I know that I never received any phone numbers from anyone so perhaps that part hasn't been put into the game yet.

Regarding Snorlax, you don't need the radio to awaken him.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Hey does anyone know how to get substitute and double team? thanks

Unless I am mistaken TMs for those moves are not in the game to find.

You can obviously use a codeshark to get Double Team (not sure about Substitute due to this being built on FireRed).

You could also go to a pokemon centre and use the move relearner on a pokemon that would have had the move previously should you wish. But that obviously doesn't allow pokemon to learn the moves that don't have them in their move set.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Thanks for the answer ratdog. Was just kinda worried about something showstopping happening with the Snorlax blocking the path. Figured the phone hadn't been added yet cuz nothing was breaking.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    It's not a bug. We can't do anything about it. The radio and phone functions on the Pokegear haven't been implemented yet. They're still working on that.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Thanks for the answer ratdog. Was just kinda worried about something showstopping happening with the Snorlax blocking the path. Figured the phone hadn't been added yet cuz nothing was breaking.

No problem. I'm just glad to help.

It sounds like you have a fair bit of the game still to go yet and if you're like me I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • My beta might be outdated (3.1), but is the Orange Islands finished in the current beta? I'm at
    Spoiler:
    and I'm stuck because of the glitchy tiles. Has this been fixed in a later update?

EDIT: According to Build information, this glitch was patched with the 3.3.0093 update, which I am not on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Hi guys, i have one question, If i choose cyndaquil e can choose charmander when i go for another region?or i automatic will choose another pokemon squirtle for exemple...

And the evee evolution, i can envolve with leaf stone or not?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Hi guys, i have one question, If i choose cyndaquil e can choose charmander when i go for another region?or i automatic will choose another pokemon squirtle for exemple...

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019

You aren't able to choose charmander or squirtle etc in the other region, instead you are able to obtain them through various means. So you can choose to start with who you want and it should be fine for you.

Regarding evee you can't use the leaf stone on it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    thank u for answer i have one last question .
    How about trade evolutions? I read about this but dont explain, i need to use some item to evolve some trade pokemons?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    thank u for answer i have one last question .
    How about trade evolutions? I read about this but dont explain, i need to use some item to evolve some trade pokemons?

No problem.

Trade evolutions are a bit tricky. Each pokemon that can evolve via trade now has a new method of evolving. Some require a stone, others evolve after reaching a certain level etc.

There may be a guide out there that tells you how each pokemon evolves in the game but I haven't seen one. It's just experimentation to find out I'm afraid.

Back