• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Each evolution stone can be bought from a person at certain locations. Check the FAQ, it should answer most of your questions.

Update: found the walkthrough. Attached below. Keep in mind that parts are outdated.

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Thanks, although that doesn't have any info on the leaf stone, nor Kadabra, not Graveler, nor 4 of the 5 TMs. So if anyone can help me, please let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    atlien:

Leaf stone: There's a guy at the Poke Mart in Lavender Town who's selling them
    Kadabra -> Alakazam: Use a Moon Stone on Kadabra
    Graveler -> Golem: U have to get Graveler to level 43-45 i think
    TMs: Psychic-Mr.Psychic in Saffron City gives it to you

Flamethrower: You have to be in game on Wednesday i think and go to the Goldenrod City's game corner and there's a guy outside of it who teaches you Flamethrower OR Thunderbolt. U have to choose one and come back next week. Not sure about this.

Earthquake: TM is in Victory Road, there's a hole at the end of the road and there's TM Earthquake.

Thunder TM, no idea.

Sorry for my bad english, not my native language. But anyway, i hope this helped you atlien.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    Hi, just wondering, was the physical/special split problem ever sorted? Thinking of playing this and would like to know :)

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2014
    Hey guys, I think I've found a game-breaking bug and cannot find a solution. A staircase in Dragon's Den has disappeared and left me stranded in the cave.

I have all 16 badges and went back to Dragon's Den to get anything I missed. I searched all the way into the small Mt. Silver region where you can pick up Leftovers. After I found out I couldn't get into the main Mt. Silver region this way, I decided to leave. I went all the way back, past the stones that require strength and the pad you can step on to fully restore your pokemon. I'm sorry I can't find a map, the LC version of Dragon's Den is different than HG/SS. I can't find any screenshots of the exact area I can climb up to via Google. I can only hope this is a known bug so that someone is familiar with my situation. A staircase that I need to get back up to the main Dragon's Den area has simply vanished.

I'm playing on GBA4iOS. Has anyone encountered this, and if so, know of a solution? Is there maybe a cheat code I could enter for some escape ropes? I really need help! I have 40 hours in the game and still need to do the Orange Islands -- this would be a really crappy way of having to end the game!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    atlien:

Leaf stone: There's a guy at the Poke Mart in Lavender Town who's selling them
    Kadabra -> Alakazam: Use a Moon Stone on Kadabra
    Graveler -> Golem: U have to get Graveler to level 43-45 i think
    TMs: Psychic-Mr.Psychic in Saffron City gives it to you

Flamethrower: You have to be in game on Wednesday i think and go to the Goldenrod City's game corner and there's a guy outside of it who teaches you Flamethrower OR Thunderbolt. U have to choose one and come back next week. Not sure about this.

Earthquake: TM is in Victory Road, there's a hole at the end of the road and there's TM Earthquake.

Thunder TM, no idea.

Sorry for my bad english, not my native language. But anyway, i hope this helped you atlien.

Perfect English, that has helped a great deal, thank you. Do you know where I can get another moon stone? I used one earlier on Clefairy....

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • Hey guys, I think I've found a game-breaking bug and cannot find a solution. A staircase in Dragon's Den has disappeared and left me stranded in the cave.

I have all 16 badges and went back to Dragon's Den to get anything I missed. I searched all the way into the small Mt. Silver region where you can pick up Leftovers. After I found out I couldn't get into the main Mt. Silver region this way, I decided to leave. I went all the way back, past the stones that require strength and the pad you can step on to fully restore your pokemon. I'm sorry I can't find a map, the LC version of Dragon's Den is different than HG/SS. I can't find any screenshots of the exact area I can climb up to via Google. I can only hope this is a known bug so that someone is familiar with my situation. A staircase that I need to get back up to the main Dragon's Den area has simply vanished.

I'm playing on GBA4iOS. Has anyone encountered this, and if so, know of a solution? Is there maybe a cheat code I could enter for some escape ropes? I really need help! I have 40 hours in the game and still need to do the Orange Islands -- this would be a really crappy way of having to end the game!

Do you still have the HM dig? it do the same as escape rope?
    i also think i have encountered that bug, i learned one of my pokemons strength and i could come out maybe it also helps you i dont know :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    It's a lot of fun playing with the old gen 3 pokemon. I'd forgotten, though, how poor the movesets are, spoilt as we are by the rich levelling up move sets from gen 5 and 6. My politoad is now at level 40 and it still doesn't know how to pick it's nose or scratch it's backside!

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Perfect English, that has helped a great deal, thank you. Do you know where I can get another moon stone? I used one earlier on Clefairy....

If you are already in Kanto, there's a guy at the Celadon Mansion in Celadon City who's selling them. Like the other stonesellers. Hopefully that helped. I'm still waiting a new beta where i can continue my journey.. Right now i'm in Mandarin City and got the Old Key.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    Thunder can be found west of Violet City on Wednesday only, and it has to be storming Raining and flashing thunder) Moon Stone can be bought in one of the shopping Center, but i forgot which one exactly, hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Just went to the trainer house in Viridion and had to battle myself and my own team. What a brilliant touch. Needless to say it was the most difficult battle of the game! Thank goodness I was told of the incoming pokemon so I could switch in the appropriate counter. If you wanted to make things more difficult you could have the foe's pokemon switch in without letting you know. (More like 'real' battling.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    Build number: 3.3.00451

Glitch: Wrong over world sprites for pokemon Farfetch'd, Pink Butterfree, and Persian there may be more.

Glitch: Catching Onix in union cave had a messed up sprite during nick name portion.

Glitch: multi battle in the communication center says eahogany instead.

Glitch: Trading Ditto for Shiny Ditto had a green bar across the GBA.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2020
    I've noticed it can be a little weird how Liquid Crystal lets individual moves deal special/physical regardless of type, like gen IV on, but holds only the Gen III move pool. Ampharos, for example, is in a weird spot until you can afford Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2017
    Could anyone help me again?

1. managed to find Moltres and Articuno, but I can't find Zapdos. I know he's in the Power Plant in Kanto (access through this tunner next to Lavender Town), but he's not there. What did I do wrong?

2. In Mandarin city, there is a guy how asks to show him a small pokemon with a fin - which one is that? I tried almost every fish pokeomn I have, but bo luck :(

3. Where is Mareep?

1. Same problem

2. Mudkip

3. I got a Mareep nicknamed Eepy early in the game in a trade, was on of my first pokemon...so I'd check in the first few towns....talk to people

I wish someone would help me find that Zapdos, fled from me :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Has anyone found Treecko yet? If not, could someone provide a GS/AR/Codebreaker code that is compatible with LC?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Has anyone found Treecko yet? If not, could someone provide a GS/AR/Codebreaker code that is compatible with LC?

FR/LG codes work

I have a question: While trading (with VBA) I get a black screen when the trainers enter the trade room?
    Is this normal/bug/glitch?

Question2:
    Shiny Gyarados's sprite can be fixed (by importing from other rom), but why not Onix? (tried the same way as Gyarados)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2019
    3. I got a Mareep nicknamed Eepy early in the game in a trade, was on of my first pokemon...so I'd check in the first few towns....talk to people

It is Cherrygrove Town. Look in the pokemon centre. Furthest right. Trade for poliwag

Is this a bug. No pokemon appear in union cave.
    also is this a bug. The GBA when trading has a green line in the middle

Is this a bug. No pokemon appear in union cave.
    also is this a bug. The GBA when trading has a green line in the middle

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back