• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

DaHawtness1

Don't talk about it, be about it.
Years
  • For starters, i love this hack! I got to mandarin island and it was a gigantic wall running up and down. I dont understand how to download the latest build download and apply it to my sav. File. Im new to all of this, so if you could plz help id appreciate it

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2016
    Hiya. I really hope this post isn't somehow against the rules. This is just something that I threw together using GIMP and Libre Writer. The Suicune on the cover is from deviantart.com and by blazegryph. The Liquid Crystal logo is also from deviantart.com and is by jinxabarda598. (I haven't asked permission to use these yet as I was just doing a quick mock-up for the idea of this guide but will definitly do so if enough people are interested.)

I'm mostly just doing this guide as a fun side project for myself for when I play LC again in the future. The only walkthroughs and helps for it that I could really find were videos and personally I really hate watching a video walkthrough. I prefer to read and quickly scan for what I'm looking for instead of going through dozens of videos each 20 min just to find out one section (yes, I know most have descriptive names but that's beside my point...).

I uploaded a small pdf with this post to give an idea what I'm doing. Unfortunately I have real life to deal with as I make and sell RPGs and board games as well as professional tailoring, so my time for this is limited and would probably be one area a week or so.

Anyway, as stated, I'm really just doing this for myself, but thought that if anyone else is as frustrated as I am with finding a proper walkthrough and info hub for Liquid Crystal than I could make it available to everyone to use. So yeah, if you would be interested let me know here and I'll keep working on it. I was hoping that maybe LaZ would even host it on his LC website when it's done if he thinks it's professional enough.

Though if people aren't interested in it I'll just let it fade away into oblivion....

Craig, are you still working on this guide? I haven't found any updated walkthroughs and I'm stuck at the Orange Islands.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2023
    Can anyone help me? I'd love to play this hack agan, but when I downloaded the VBA that link was provided here, I got a bug about file missing from my computer. Where can I get the right ersion of the emulator for me? And which version of Fired Red should I use to patch Liquid Crystal properly??

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2016
    Hey, New on here I don't know if this shows up as replying to someone. Just curious as to what I'm supposed to do after I put the 3 flutes on the pedastles. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hey, New on here I don't know if this shows up as replying to someone. Just curious as to what I'm supposed to do after I put the 3 flutes on the pedastles. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

By doing that, you should now be able to encounter the bird trio, iirc. It's been a while since I've played the game, but I believe that this is fact. As to where they are, I can't really bring that up, so it seems like you have some searching to do.

DaHawtness1

Years
  • I have received the old key in mandarin city, im at the old warehouse and he says if i can figure out his traps he will battle me. I read a message that makes no sense on the table go downstairs and my screen went black. Is this the end of the hack? i have no cheats on, and im using the right emulator

DaHawtness1

Years
  • Btw, going downstairs leads to a red headed woman who says take your seat for the battle. But green or red spot restarts the game, or i get a question mark in battle, i beat it with one hit then the game restarts. So what do i do?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    So I really love Crystal, was my first pokemon game and all, but I cannot get this ROM hack to work, I tried to do both the patching and renaming method and nothing has worked, all I get is a white screen trying to play this hack, can somebody offer any support?

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • My First Game as I was 10 years old was Silver version later I get red version and then Crystal version, but that' Is so Awesome so amazing I have no words, I think this is even better then HeartGold and SoulSilver!!! Even without the feature that the Pokémon walks after you :-)

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    What exactly do you have to do to get the pedestals up on outskirt island? I am doing the Orange Islands gyms now so I have completed the story on johto and kanto and have also found the red, yellow and blue flute. I have also solved the Ruins of Alph puzzles, but maybe in the wrong order (not ho-oh as last puzzle) . The pedestals are not showing for me, just the grey soil with the text "the ground seems a little different here" or something like that. Please help!

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • Having a technical issue. I've tried playing the rom on both VBA and Gameboid emulators. On launch, I simply get a white screen. Nothing else.

Anyone else with similar experience?

Years
  • Craig, are you still working on this guide? I haven't found any updated walkthroughs and I'm stuck at the Orange Islands.

Yeah, sorry about that. I will be finishing it, but as LnZ can probably attest to, real life is taking up a lot of my time at the moment and not really leaving me with any spare time to work further on this at the moment.

With regards to the orange isalnds, you'll know when you've reached the end of the beta very easily. There will be a clear end to the map. the route will just end, being cut off in a straight line and nothing but water beyond (this being because LnZ hasn't released any further update with mapping past that).

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Hi guys, I can't find a "help/questions" thread so I figured out I'll post this here.
    Can you catch/obtain by events all 251 pokemons? Including the three dogs, Mew, Celibi and Mewtwo?

I couldn't find a locations/guide to verify this

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2019
    Hi guys, I can't find a "help/questions" thread so I figured out I'll post this here.
    Can you catch/obtain by events all 251 pokemons? Including the three dogs, Mew, Celibi and Mewtwo?

I couldn't find a locations/guide to verify this
    No

Back