• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi! I'm making a GSC hack, Polished Crystal, that brings a lot of future features to Gen 2. I think Liquid Crystal is a really cool hack; you guys modernized Johto even before Nintendo did with HG/SS. I'm thinking of merging the western Johto maps into one big sea, and since you did that first with the whole Open Ocean, would you mind if I copied some of your details? Random trainer dialog, things like that. When I add features like Route 47+48 from HG/SS I try to copy the trainers and geological features as closely as possible, and since LC is basically the original open ocean, I'd feel like it maintains continuity to not just make up contradicting details. You'd be in the credits, of course. Thanks for listening!

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    can we do a real pvp in this game?

Linking crashes the game. A fix isn't a priority for now.

Hey guys, maybe some of you can help me.

I downloaded few weeks ago, what I thought is the las version of this hack, and now after 205 of playing hours I got stock in route 59. I revealed that my version is 3.3.00451 and there is a newer version where you can continue route 59.

I really dont want to start a new game, I almost completed the pokedex, and I have 5-6 level 100 pokemon. I speant so much hours, and it isn't fair to start it from the beginning. is there and chance I can continue with my save on the lastest version?

You are pretty much at the end anyway, so might as well start doing sidequests.
    However, as long as you are on 3.2 or newer (which you are), updating to a newer revision doesn't require you to restart the game (There are some edge cases, but you are past them anyway). Just grab an original FR ROM and patch LC over it as usual and make sure it has the same name and is in the same place as the old ROM and you will be able to continue just fine without doing anything else.

How did you add the new location names to the game (I am making a hack and need more locations!)

Look up repointing. Basically you need to repoint the name table. I'm sorry that I cannot be much of a help myself, but the list was repointed ages ago and I doubt the one that did it remembers the exact details.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Hi! I'm making a GSC hack, Polished Crystal, that brings a lot of future features to Gen 2. I think Liquid Crystal is a really cool hack; you guys modernized Johto even before Nintendo did with HG/SS. I'm thinking of merging the western Johto maps into one big sea, and since you did that first with the whole Open Ocean, would you mind if I copied some of your details? Random trainer dialog, things like that. When I add features like Route 47+48 from HG/SS I try to copy the trainers and geological features as closely as possible, and since LC is basically the original open ocean, I'd feel like it maintains continuity to not just make up contradicting details. You'd be in the credits, of course. Thanks for listening!

I don't mind this, however one suggestion I have. If you want to make it an open ocean then make it your open ocean. Meaning your own maps, own names, events, trainers, and whatever you are inspired to put there. I feel that would be a much more enjoyable experience for you when making it, as well as from fans playing it.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I don't mind this, however one suggestion I have. If you want to make it an open ocean then make it your open ocean. Meaning your own maps, own names, events, trainers, and whatever you are inspired to put there. I feel that would be a much more enjoyable experience for you when making it, as well as from fans playing it.

Thank you! And yes, I already have a few original ideas for locations. Inventing a bunch of new Swimmers to populate the sea with is where I get stuck, so I appreciate being able to copy some dialog.

Years
  • linkandzelda, I love this hack in this section because it is a remake of Crystal. I love all the many unique features. It looks just like the original but with it's twists. I played some of it and really really enjoyed it. The music was my favorite part especially the wild pokemon battle song. I hope one day it gets finished! :).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2016
    Hey there,

After beating the ELITE 4 once AND twice I stuck in the entrance by trying for the 3rd time. This have never happened before.

I'm on the newest build -> 3.3.00512

Is there any chance to bypass the stuck point by using some working cheats? Or is it possible to fix the bug?

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    It is.
    1: Ensure that you have Real Time Clock enabled
    2: Don't enter the League on Wednesdays

There is currently a broken event in the League entrance, the above is a work-around until it's fixed.

Years
  • Hey all, didn't ever notice .512 until now. Been using .511 for a while. :P

Even though I broke my S3, I found out that, with jailbreak, I can play LC on my iPhone 3GS that I am using until I get a new phone. I had to start a new save, though. But, my previous save was pretty broken, mostly legendaries. I decided that instead of Cyndaquil, I would choose Totodile.

-----------------------------------------------------

[STRIKE]If[/STRIKE] When there is a new release, could there be some changes, mainly to dialogue? After playing mostly through the game, I have new, and recurring suggestions to make this amazing game better.

• The opening "What time is it?" text is awkward.
    • "Oh, this is terrible. Wait, what was Mr. Pokémon's discovery?". At least give a bit of a pause because it seems like "Uh…Change of subject!".
    • All of your rivals want to be the best Pokémon Trainer in the world. There has to be another reason.
    • There are some typos on the shores of Route 100. I think there should be, where that guitarist was on the southeast shore, a fourth wall breaking Super Nerd (with a Porygon). Like:
      Encounter: "According to my source code, I must battle you. And my flawless AI will nullify you!"
      Loss: "What? They didn't program me to lose!"
      After: "I MUST BE GLITC*(&X)BiK8ypBaOI kgL!!". The gibberish is true glitched text, not random letters.
      Rematch? "That last time you battled me, I was merely in beta. Now, my bugs have been fixed, and the probability of my defeat is exactly 0.0%!". It actually says, "Super Nerd <Name> 2.0 would like to battle!". And he has a Porygon2.
    • Decap? I had one going, but then I had Raticate crash my game, and it was still on .511.
    • Rocket/Saturn Grunt names. Make them gang names, not real names.
    • Jessie and James battle. Unless there is one in Kanto that I missed.

Gameplay changes:
    • Fairy type and Gen 6 moves/learnsets. But keep the TMs for the starter lines.
    • More Youngster Joey, please. I was thinking him with a Level 25 Rattata rematch before the Union Cave, and him with a Level 100 Rattata as the last Trainer on Victory Road. That would be hilarious.
    • Zane? gets Leftovers for each of his Pokémon? How about…ONLY ONE. And, I think it's Zane or Axel, has an Umbreon with Wish and Toxic.
    • Double battles:
      • They haven't been removed completely.
      • If they were supposed to be removed, then please remove moves like Helping Hand and Follow Me.
      • If you keep it, increase the frequency, and could we see a double Champion battle vs Brendan AND May?
      • The double encounter in Azalea should be double. That would make things easier and more interesting.
    • Gift starters. They were terribly underleveled.
    • Kanto post-game Wild Pokémon are at level 18. Victory Road Pokémon are Level 30.

Music/Graphics/Etc.
    • Battle themes should have some more intensity. Trainer battle is a bit flat in the intro, and the melody in the wild battle could use some instrument variation and a stronger bass/percussion.
    • I think that HG/SS does the overworld Ruins of Alph music better.
    • Legendary Johto music is unsatisfying. I say make it EPIC like the Champion music. And a side note, why does Latios/Latias play Kanto legendary music?
    • I don't like the normal Kanto wild music. The rock guitars belong more in the legendary intro.
    • Shouldn't Kanto battle music play on Victory Road? "Look at your map! You're in Kanto!" "Oh, I bet I will get to hear the Kanto remixes!" Nope.
    • The Youngster standing in the Cherrygrove Pokémart is layered under the counter when the store is open.
    • Falkner's hair needs some shading.
    • I noticed that Zane and Axel have reused sprites and music. It doesn't have the signature D-d-da d-d-da d-d-da in the transition of EVERY Pokémon battle.
    • Please, new graphics for the gyms?

Thanks, I hope my suggestions help in the future.

Years
    • CT
    • Seen Mar 22, 2018
    So im at the old warehouse and when i go into the basement my game gos wack and resets is this a glitch or just the end of beta ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    Howdy, new user here. Just a quick thanks to linkandzelda and the rest of the Liquid Crystal team for the great game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    Welp, got a question after all. Anybody else having trouble with Wesley not appearing at the Lake of Rage? He's supposed to be hanging out around the house to the NW on Wednesdays, but I've been all over the place and he never shows.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Amazing version, I would like to see new style of overworld sprites but I don't know if it is possible for you...

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Any chance to change the pickup table so it doesn't concentrate on berries? Berries are actually plentiful in Johto unlike Kanto.

Years
  • [font="Roboto,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"]Extrasensory for Togepi

I have made a patch that gives Togepi Extrasensory, like in HGSS.

Use it on a vanilla 3.3.00512 ROM, although it will probably work on any LC version, or any FR-based game, for that matter.

Since I don't know how to make it an egg move, and they don't appear in the wild, I removed Follow Me (useless without double battles) and put it as a Lvl. 1 move.

Extrasensory instantly makes Togepi a more useful (and actually fun) party member.

Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]
    I mean, just look at that.
    [/font]

Attachments

• Togepi-Extrasensory-3.3.00512.ips
      2 KB · Views: 4
    Back