• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Because Linkandzelda originally used the Shiny Gold TM list (to be able to base learnsets of 3gen mons from someone). I know this myself from asking him at some point a few months ago.
    I suggested changing it to Psych Up (what the TM was in GSC), which he found fair enough.
    When I was messing with this and looking into changing movesets as well as adding some 3gen tutors, I got stuck on some issue. I later fixed it but forgot about it all lol.

By the way, do you know what's up with Hidden Power only doing 1 HP? I think Fighting works, but none of the others work. I read earlier that it has to do with the P/S split.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Ever since I downloaded the new patch the game crashes every time I try to fly or surf.

Trainer 766

i know that. its because some of the tables were changed. if i could get the information, i could add it into the randomizer and try to make it work.

A youtuber called TheKingNappy successfully randomized the game and even did a let's play on it.He said his friend(Idk,a youtuber called GameboyLuke?) helped him randomized it by changing something.I doubt he remembers how to change it but you might wanna message him.

Years
  • I just realized that you have access to a tiny, unfinished part of Silver Cave from the Saturn Hideout. From the entrance, take the right staircase, then follow the narrow twisty hallway on the right, and take the staircase to the south. Go out the exit to the south and you are there.

There are some Leftovers in an item ball, and the wilds are in the 40s and most are pretty good (Golduck, Magmar, Parasect, Ursaring, Larvitar AND Pupitar, Golbat, and Graveler.)

Is this intentional?

Either way, it makes an AMAZING grinding spot.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    A youtuber called TheKingNappy successfully randomized the game and even did a let's play on it.He said his friend(Idk,a youtuber called GameboyLuke?) helped him randomized it by changing something.I doubt he remembers how to change it but you might wanna message him.

GameBoyLuke created a "randomized" ROM by hand. As in, he used rom hacking tools and manually changed encounters.

Years
  • Merry Christmas!
    (I know I am 10 days early)

I've mentioned this before. Brendan needs a different battle theme. The Johto Champion battle theme is only for Red and Lance.

Assuming we can just do a direct import of the Champion theme from RSE, I created a rough GBP remix, not ready for inserting. It was rather easy, just the main issue was note timing because cut-off notes don't sound good on a chiptune. (and they sound better on real instruments)

Here they are.

To listen to what it would roughly sound like, click the .wav file. If you want to edit it, click the .mid file.

If you open the .mid in QuickTime, Windows Media Player or the like, if you don't know what you are doing it will sound awful.

By the way, there are these two remixes, one by "literally just a gameboy color" found here, and another by "Pokeli" found here. They are both waay better than mine, and I at least know that the first one does reply to comments and is pretty active.

BTW, I guess Brendan moved from Johto to Hoenn, got sick of the sudden lack of trumpets*, and decided to move back to Johto.

*I know they are French Horns. And they are there. They are just so quiet it is insane! Alola is to Aloha as Hoenn is to (French) Horns!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    Hi, I'm using the latest version (3.3.00512) of this awesome hack . The legendary birds still aren't appearing, even after I place the three flutes on the pedestals. Do I need a new save file, or is this a known bug? Lots of people have had trouble with this before, so I was wondering if it was fixed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    Does anyone have any idea why only the liquid crystal hacks run at significantly higher frame rates than all of the other FireRed hacks for me?

Last edited:

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Does anyone have any idea why only the liquid crystal hacks run at significantly higher frame rates than all of the other FireRed hacks for me?

Are you using the GBP? Not sure why, but on my old computer, it significantly boosted performance for me (only noticeable when fastforwarding since the game ran fullspeed as-is)

Years
  • Are you using the GBP? Not sure why, but on my old computer, it significantly boosted performance for me (only noticeable when fastforwarding since the game ran fullspeed as-is)

Not surprising.

I sit you in front of a piano and force you to play a song. Which version do you want to play?
    View attachment which would you play.wav

Nerdy info:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    Hi guys, first I want to say that this is the best Pokemon I have ever play. I have a glitch, I am play the 3.3.00512 right now and when I went into the old ware house to fight with the old guy, my screen went black. Can someone help me? Thank you

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I'm not sure if there's a rule regarding this? But I am playing this hack and made a short video on best moments/funny montage thing. My commentary is pretty bad as of now but I hope you guys can watch it and enjoy it?

Video:

Last edited:
    Years
  • @The ???

Do I get to name you as my rival? ??????

There are no rules, everyone loves to see their ROM showcased.

And I started a Nuzlocke and got a Ralts on Route 30 after I literally called it, before I got Poke Balls. I was so mad… The Ralts line is one of my favorites.

Years
  • @The ???

Do I get to name you as my rival? 😂

There are no rules, everyone loves to see their ROM showcased.

And I started a Nuzlocke and got a Ralts on Route 30 after I literally called it, before I got Poke Balls. I was so mad… The Ralts line is one of my favorites.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • Lol sure go ahead XD
    Yes Ralts is rare, my other 2 friends who are playing alongside me found it but I didn't :/
    Ralts is one of my favorites too, but unfortunately my team is decided by one of my friends using http://randompokemon.com lol.
    It's fun so far.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Will you be doing other hacks/games after LC? I want to see more of your work. Though take your time. Hacking is hard. I'd like to see a DS Hack or a RPG Maker game from you maybe, since there's more options available and it's good to challenge yourself : 3

Back