• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
  • how do i fix "please exchange backup memory?"

i've changed save oon the vba to flash 128k, and other rom hacks save fine.

After selecting the flash 128k, delete your .sav/.sa1 file.
    Restart the rom and load the "save state".
    Now you can normally save again.

Also, if you have the "microboard" message when you start a new game, then it means that your rom needs the "Fire Red Save Patch".
    1. Patch the save patch on a clean rom
    2. Patch the 2.1 beta on the patched rom
    3. Enjoy playing your game with the ingame save.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    Is jirachi suposed to have iron defense as it`s only move he also dosen`t any relearnable moves

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    How come the Totodile I just got from a man in Dark Cave can't evolve, learn any TMs or Hms, and pokedex number is 392? BTW this is a brilliant hack

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • How come the Totodile I just got from a man in Dark Cave can't evolve, learn any TMs or Hms, and pokedex number is 392? BTW this is a brilliant hack
    Search the topic it's already been answered if I'm not wrong
    from what I remember LaZ just edited 'em to have their best moves and he didn't register them to dex :)
    Edit : lol someone already answered xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    I just noticed something the moves that my latios has been learning are similar to that of the regis and also acording to a strategy guide i have jirachi isin`t suposed to learn iron defense though I wouldn`t hold on to this since the SG is the platinum one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    I need help. My rom says 'The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed' so when I finish the Elite 4 I can't continue as it just starts the game form the beginning. What do I do?

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • I need help. My rom says 'The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed' so when I finish the Elite 4 I can't continue as it just starts the game form the beginning. What do I do?

Read two posts up. You need to google the "Fire Red Save Patch".
    Or download V1.1 of the rom (1m thingy means you are playing the V1.0 rom)

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
    Years
  • yeah! b3 will be awesome!! also dont repatch a patched rom because it will be messed up. i dont know how the starter bug could be annoying

NO FAKEMONS PLEASE!!!! THAT INCLUDES SINNOH POKEMON IN GBA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is a REMAKE besides the 4 gen pokemon in gba looks weird just think about it

and... Zeikku will the Endings (or the player running ) be changed for beta 3?
    answr soon please

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    NO FAKEMONS PLEASE!!!! THAT INCLUDES SINNOH POKEMON IN GBA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is a REMAKE besides the 4 gen pokemon in gba looks weird just think about it

and... Zeikku will the Endings (or the player running ) be changed for beta 3?
    answr soon please

dont know why you quoted me, but i agree that the 4th gen pokemon spites looks weird specially pidgey

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • the evvee evulotion is not a bug I guess that they forgot to change it...
    anyway if you want umbreon or espeon you can edit them with evulotion editor pro -_-
    OMG! what have you done to the saffari zone and the bug catching contest?,why the pokemon level of the gym leaders in kanto are so low like the original game -______-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    is it possible to get a pollitoad in this game and if so how
    Yes I got one I think you need to use a sun stone on it.

Also I've patched the save patch but when I try to save it says 'Please exchange the backup memory' but thats on the old rom and if I use a new rom it just starts the game from the beginning and I don't want to do the whole game again :(

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • hello people. sorry im not around atm. i know i still need to put alot of things on the first page and start a help thread too. i'll be able to to that some time this week :D. i have a lack of interent atm so i cant be here all the time to run the thread (sorry that other people are running it xD) at least im still working on LC thouigh ;p.

I have a few anaouncements...

i cant decide wehther to release the beta 3 before the HGSS are released or afterwards. maybe people can decide on that one... although probably wont stick to it xd.

also. ive got word from people that the game is too easy. i aggree that it is a bit easy but the problem that some of you may have guessed is that the oragne islands need to fit in. if the levels arer already 80 by the time you get to the first island its kind of pointless as 20 levels isnt enough for the story i have planned. hope thats understandable.

ill post again soon
    link

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • i cant decide wehther to release the beta 3 before the HGSS are released or afterwards. maybe people can decide on that one...
    On 100% before, because when SS/HG will be released some people will play it so they won't have time on your hack

also. ive got word from people that the game is too easy. i aggree that it is a bit easy but the problem that some of you may have guessed is that the oragne islands
    I've guessed right it :D I'm god :D :D

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    Link, you must make sure that the beta is not published when it's requested, but when it is fully done.
    I think, you've seen the stress on beta2, when the major evolution bug appeared.

Well, it's an advantage to make it before HG/SS because of the reason given above. But, you should remember one more thing. You are not competing with them. It is not a matter of competition. Each game is unique. (At least, I see it so)

Finally, for the levelling up, once you get lati@s, things get very easy. You might want to level-up the whole KANTO region a bit, and even add some more quests which will make the player/character eligible to train the pokemon without losing its interest.

I think Red is okay. You might only need to level up the second league challenge and all the KANTO leaders, as well as all the rematches with the gym leaders!

Even if levels rise so much, it's not a problem, because I don't think that they can surpass level 80. The orange islands should be a big challenge (like the battle frontier in Emerald)

Anothing thing that you may need to give more attention is the minor bugs that were reported in beta2. If they disappear, I am sure the game will become somewhat proffesional and original!

Good luck Link.
    I hope you all the best.
    I am giving feedback to you, not to let you down, but to make you stonger and comment your great work.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Now would be a good time to implement proper gym line ups and fix all of the issues in the originls, Johto gym leaders should primarily have Johto boss Pokemon and you should be able to obtain a majority of Johto pokemon before Kanto, issues like these were present in the originals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back