• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Why do I have bad egg in my box 1? I didn't have it yesterday but now when I looked my box it said 30/30, then I looked closer and noticed empty space, when I got there it said bad egg obtained from day-care man. I have met day-care man only once when I got Cleffa's egg and it was at box 2 lvl10. So, why do I have bad egg on PC? Something like a bug or glitch?

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    Well I don't even know 'bout that egg xD
    Where in Blackthorn did ya obtain it?

@dirk : yeah that's other possibility but isn't rain even needed for sailing?

Most people seem to get the Orange Island option only when it rains in Vermillion Harbor. So I geuss Rain is the only weather condition to get to the Orange Islands. While the other weather conditions are for Olivine<->Vermillion.

Why do I have bad egg in my box 1? I didn't have it yesterday but now when I looked my box it said 30/30, then I looked closer and noticed empty space, when I got there it said bad egg obtained from day-care man. I have met day-care man only once when I got Cleffa's egg and it was at box 2 lvl10. So, why do I have bad egg on PC? Something like a bug or glitch?

That bug was already reported. If I remember correctly, a bad egg can also appear if you used CHEATS!!!

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I quess it's first one, because I haven't use cheats in pokémon games for a looooong time. Last one was when I was about 8 when I played Gold. I have went it so many times through and I saw when my friend used cheats and I tried too. It wasn't funny but I still remember those because my friends liked cheats... (01??EDD0 :P) And why would I say I found bad egg if I has used cheats... Ok, ok, this came too long. I thought that I was going to write only first phrase...

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
    Years
    Well I don't even know 'bout that egg xD
    Where in Blackthorn did ya obtain it?

@dirk : yeah that's other possibility but isn't rain even needed for sailing?

There's a guy in Blackthorn and he gives you that egg.
    Sometimes he disappears...
    I think he is near the Pokemon Center

edit: I made a Screenshot
    It took a while until he appeared...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    you get 2 bad eggs that appear in your box in this game. I forget when they pop up, but it's so annoying because it deletes a pokemon you have

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    YAPE, PEP
    (Yet another pokemon editor, Pokemon editor pro)

Sweet man thanks, i have that already lol but i dont know how to change how a pokemon evolves. -_- Lol can you help me out with how to do that?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    Its impossible to beat pokemon crystal beta 2.1 because when u beat the 7th leader u dont get the badge.....anyone kno wut im doing wrong like is there something i have to do to get it...

I beat the 7th gym leader and i didn't get a badge...
    How do i get it?

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Its impossible to beat pokemon crystal beta 2.1 because when u beat the 7th leader u dont get the badge.....anyone kno wut im doing wrong like is there something i have to do to get it...

I beat the 7th gym leader and i didn't get a badge...
    How do i get it?
    First off, questions like this should go in the new help thread.

Second, did you even bother to check Dirk123's Walkthrough? If this is a bug, he probably has it there, but I don't see how, since I got the badge just fine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    can someone help i think the .ips patch is broken or messed up because i patched it then when i tried to play it worked fine then ater the gengar and nidorino fight it just turned black...i also tried skipping but it still didnt work please help i really want to play

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    edit: I made a Screenshot
    It took a while until he appeared...
    Thanks I'm gonna try it

Sweet man thanks, i have that already lol but i dont know how to change how a pokemon evolves. -_- Lol can you help me out with how to do that?
    It's pretty easy with YAPE ;)
    Just go to Evolution rectangular and click on the evo and with that ya should change it ;)

can someone help i think the .ips patch is broken or messed up because i patched it then when i tried to play it worked fine then ater the gengar and nidorino fight it just turned black...i also tried skipping but it still didnt work please help i really want to play
    Try download patch again and then patch it again

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    So you can't catch Ho-oh, but you can catch Lugia? Thats kinda sad.. Ho-oh is my fav pokemon..

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    It's pretty easy with YAPE ;)
    Just go to Evolution rectangular and click on the evo and with that ya should change it ;)
    ]

lol thx man i was using a diff program which i dont think can edit evolution ;)

Anywyas idk and idc of they have been spotted yet but heres my glitch report on stuff i havent seen yet from others:
    -unlimited TM03 in celadon building from guy telling the story on top floor
    -game corner tms are the same in both corners :( not rlly a glitch but a dissappointment lol
    -couple minor spelling errors here and there (i remember only 1 off hand: below mr psychics house, a guy says "bak" instead of "back") lol yes im picky, actually im a perfectionist :)
    -i ran into the game freezing quagsire :( but that has been noted in dirks walkthru
    -quite a few pokemon using ODD moves lol (ex. in silph co.- pidgeot with aurora beam, electrode which appears to have no moves lol cuz it used struggle. also ive noticed but not taken note of other times weird moves have happened)
    -trainer in erikas gym has an Arbok??
    -dude standing on table in house north of cycle road

Great hack i like it alot ! thumbs up

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I think that Quagsire's bug has already been reported ya have to beat him before he attacks
    Ian : he isn't obtainable in normal Crystal 'till ya catch the dogs and Lugia after Pewter City so it's normal that Ho-Oh isn't catchable so far :) And if I have to guess he'll play some important role :)

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    I think that Quagsire's bug has already been reported ya have to beat him before he attacks
    Ian : he isn't obtainable in normal Crystal 'till ya catch the dogs and Lugia after Pewter City so it's normal that Ho-Oh isn't catchable so far :) And if I have to guess he'll play some important role :)

From what I heard from LaZ, Ho-oh was supposed to be capturable(sp?) in this beta, but a mapping/scripting bug/mistake makes people unable to get to him.
    For example, some users made the stairs appear witht he 3 dogs, but other users with the 3 dogs (like me) can't make the stairs appear (script error?).
    Those who did make the stairs appear encountered an invisible barrier(mapping error). Even with walk through walls code on, they couldn't continue to climb the tower.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    hey not to be pushy, but about far along are you to being done with beta 3? beta 2.1 is amazing and left me wanting to finish the game :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    From what I heard from LaZ, Ho-oh was supposed to be capturable(sp?) in this beta, but a mapping/scripting bug/mistake makes people unable to get to him.
    For example, some users made the stairs appear witht he 3 dogs, but other users with the 3 dogs (like me) can't make the stairs appear (script error?).
    Those who did make the stairs appear encountered an invisible barrier(mapping error). Even with walk through walls code on, they couldn't continue to climb the tower.
    So that's that... I'm the one who was able to open that doors but when I go back stairs disappeared... and I also encountered the invisible barrier so you're saying that nothing is behind it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back