• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    yes it will. after you complete an optiona event :). you can onlt complete this after you have the 16 badges. XD

HUGE UPDATE: me and zeikku have been working on some new palletes and tiles. here is some of what has changed so far...

new water pallete.
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Nice, looks very perty...lol
    WAIT, ZOMG LINK I SEES ME AN ERROR!
    Rofl.

some new indoor tiles and palletes
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Ooooh, I see I'm not the only one who's changing the interior tiles. The look great, although...The Bookcase looks a tad wonky.

new gym sign
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Zomg, that's very nice!

new indoor pokecenter tiles
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Yes. This is just wonderful. I can't describe how wonderful this is in mere words.

Im gonna do some more music now. ive been tiling all day lol.

link

*Cough* NOT DONE WITH UPDATES!
    New sprites
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal
    Damn, those were great, sad to see them leave. Oh well;)

i think the pokemon center is the best part... anyway

before this is locked i just want to say that all scripts a reinserted and im just about to insert the maps. then palletes, blockedits, OWs and trainersprites, pokemon sprites and then i think were back on track. at the way things are going i thinkthis will be back to normal by tomorow night. not promising anything though XD.

i probably wont get a chance to talk again cuz its gonna be locked but matbe i will cancel the lock...

edit: all maps, scripts and palletes are back to normal.

edit2: im canceling the close of this thread as i have almost finished restoring everything. all thats left to do is 2 trainer backsprites, some trianers pokemon and the pokemon backsprites which i will do later before the beta.

I have a question to everybody. this is a vote.
    i have left the dungions in there orginal form as in crystal. should i extend them? completly change them? or leave them alone?

as im back on track almost expect frequent updates.

link
    That is great to hear! Oh, I think you should either lengthen them, if there is an event that could be there, or just change them a bit. I can't wait to see what else you guys have up your sleeves;) Anyways, BOL!
    P.S. PEOPLE DON'T STEAL MY SAYING!!! ONLY SATOSHI CAN!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I like your hack, I like palets and tiles, but i don't like the minisprite of boy :S
    Don't like more, but the rest is very good!

Well, I think that change the pokémon sprites in Fr, no need...
    The fr sprites look good

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I dont know. keep or change. hard one. Change if it's going to be big and look really good and very intresting. i dont like slow and dull caves.

Or keep because it's nice to have original mapping or what ever you lot like. i think im going for change :P

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    thanks for your thoughts. i've been thinking myself and i think it would be nice to keep the orginals but have a few changes and extensions.

good news. the hack has been completly restored now execpt the pokemon sprites which zeikku will do later before the beta.

im working on a tutorial at the momment so i probably wont do any hacking today. tomorw i will start with cycle road. (tomorow as being 1:AM XD).

link

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I don't like the new sprite for rattata. I also dislike the back-view of the main character, both in-battling and outside-battling.

Make the water slightly darker, and do so as well for grass. It will look as if the environment has more personality.

Regarding dungeons, either keep them or extend them. Don't erase whatever was already there ;)

linkandzelda

Years
    i aggree on the water pallete. i think it might need some more work. the dungions will be the same jst with some extrnsions.

link

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    VERY nice palettes and sprites! I think the water is just fine. Do you think you will implement the Day and Night feature of Crystal? Also the Monday, Tuesday, Wednsday, etc. timing? Those were some of the key features I loved about crystal, like how you could catch certain pokemon at night.

linkandzelda

Years
    thanks guys. im not sure about having certain pokemon avalible at night
    although that was a killer feature i dont think its possible without asm.

hopfully the days can be added but lets think about that when we actully have a d/n system XD.

ive finished my tutorial which is now posted on PC so im resuming work on this. cyclw road is my next place to do.

at some point in the day i'll be putting my site back up because thats where LC beta will be hosted.

link

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    Will the "Children of the Week" be always available?
    Or will you implement a script that makes one of them appear when you reach a certain part of the game?

linkandzelda

Years
    i have something much better planned for them :). im not giving anything away at the momment. not even zeikku knows :P

link

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Ultra cool battles, mehopes! =p

Anyway, will you increase the shiny-encounter rate? (A) xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I can't believe I forgot about this:

What about the trick house?? :p

Oh, btw, I think I saw somewhere that there are about 25 pokemon slots free in those games. Is it true? If so, are you planning on putting "extra" pokes? I remembered this due to some evolutions that 1-2- and 3-gen pokes got on the 4th gen.

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I like the water very much.. but at the same time. i have the feeling somthings missing for it. hopefully you can find that missing thing :D

linkandzelda

Years
    i have the same feeling XD. hopfully i can find it.

the trick house wont be in as that wasnt in gsc. plus zel has it in SG so i probably wont put it in but im thinking of something similar.

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    The PC tiles look awesome, great work.

POST 100

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back