• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
  • no...that's crystal shards.
    Anyway I have to complete the league by tonight.
    I'm still at blackthorne. Need to get the 8th badge.
    I forgot to save yesterday... lol

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • i think its going to be soo good tho

you gotta trust laz i do and this the only hack i really contribute to

(i like others and all that but yeah... i just feel confident about this one...)

yeah im waiting too but im patient....

ooo and i can translate to spanish if you want too cuz i am hispanic and know spanish sooo yeah

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Signed up to say, Great job. I'm very impressed with all the work you guys are doing. I've never played a pokemon hack before but after looking around, the work you guys are doing is amazing. You're all very talented and hope you keep up the good work. :D Peace.

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I almost forgot to ask you link...

make every trading pokemon evolve in game such as gengar make him evolve at level 50 or 45 or 55
    eevee to umbreon = moonstone
    eevee to espeon = sunstone
    and the like........

what im really hoping is when the final comes out, you will have a lot to do when you beat the game such as the underwater and the gym because all pokemon games get boring unless they have wifi and they still get boring after that... im catching all 386 if you put them in there so i'll be playing this for a while...

lol

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • I can translate it to Portuguese/Brazilian :)

that would be good too. thanks

Signed up to say, Great job. I'm very impressed with all the work you guys are doing. I've never played a pokemon hack before but after looking around, the work you guys are doing is amazing. You're all very talented and hope you keep up the good work. :D Peace.

thanks alot. we wont be lettign anyone down with this hack.

I almost forgot to ask you link...

make every trading pokemon evolve in game such as gengar make him evolve at level 50 or 45 or 55
    and the like........

what im really hoping is when the final comes out, you will have a lot to do when you beat the game such as the underwater and the gym because all pokemon games get boring unless they have wifi and they still get boring after that... im catching all 386 if you put them in there so i'll be playing this for a while...

lol

the pokedex will be able to be completed. np

update: i have some badish news. i cant seem to get MM_X's tut for haveing custom music working on my rom so unless that is fixed soon it wont be in this beta. sorry to say that.

edit: a bug has been discovered. the animation before an elite/champion battle has been couroppted. so for this beta they will just be normal battles with normal music unless i fix the above problem then they will atleast have the right music but not the animation.
    sorry to say that too :(.

link

link

Last edited:

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • aaa o well : (

can't you get someone to do it for you then because your workin hard... i hope
    it gets fixed but everything doesn't hapen the way you want it...

yeah try to get someone to do it

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Hmm... Did you try to look at his video tutorial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el2s5EIHWSM

Anyhow, try to get someone to do it if you want. Also someone made a guide on editing MIDI's voicegroups (either Maginus or MM_X). Maybe that could be of some help?

Anyways, no custom music in the first beta is no biggie, you can get that done anytime.

Pingouin_7

and the like........

lol
    VBA Link says hi.

Eevee can be evolved without the stones. What you want is to play a lot to complete the game, but you want it to be made easier?

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • eevee could be evolved without stones but without night and day how

so whats so wrong about going through the trouble of getting stones and about gengar yeah and the other pokemon your right but still... i cant play vba and there are probably othr people who cant either so why not just makee them evolve by level

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • you should put all gold and silver music on this hack and none from kanto... only when you are in kanto o and if its possible do try to change the battle music wen fighting a trainer and wild pokemon the gym leader song is ok and the champion is good too but you should vote on either gold/silver champion song or fire red champion song

good job on the gyarados sprite try and see if you could do that for all 251 old pokemon and leae the othe 135 alone or change them if you want lol just make this hack the best it can be
    Link already has all the music and such planned out, so just trust his judgement.

When talking about max-stats, I was talking about max stats for each pokemon. So not 999 for every stat, simply 31 in IVs and 252 EVs for each stat, got it?

I could swear this was one Emerald hack. I wonder where I saw the Emerald hack then...
    You can't do that...Not that I am aware of, anyway. Maybe via hex, but that would be a chore. No, as Zeikku said, this has always been a hack of Fire Red, Crystal Shards was a hack of Emerald.

Anyhow, try to get someone to do it if you want. Also someone made a guide on editing MIDI's voicegroups (either Maginus or MM_X). Maybe that could be of some help?

Anyways, no custom music in the first beta is no biggie, you can get that done anytime.
    I don't believe he's talking about that, though I'm not positive.

linkandzelda

Years
  • aaa o well : (

can't you get someone to do it for you then because your workin hard... i hope
    it gets fixed but everything doesn't hapen the way you want it...

yeah try to get someone to do it

thanks. im working on it.

thats not the issue. i can remix, loop and insert music into pokemon games. im talking about having different music in battle for kanto. atm its just the same as johtos. mm_x wrote a tut for this but its not working on my rom.

eevee could be evolved without stones but without night and day how

so whats so wrong about going through the trouble of getting stones and about gengar yeah and the other pokemon your right but still... i cant play vba and there are probably othr people who cant either so why not just makee them evolve by level

eevee will be able to evolve fine. no trading needed to evolve any pokemon. as for gengar there is an event where its wild and catchable.

but he doesnt know how to put the music in

well i can. quite well actully. we both can although zeikku is better at remixing i think.

update: BIG PROGRESS FOR TODAY. all thats left is inserting a few sprites, doing the elite 4's second wave and then tieing some loose ends. then testing then a release.

edit: ive inserted the sprites. it appears that the second elite for round is not needed yet. that means that all thats left is testing :)

edit2: ive got the music thing working now. im gonna set that up now with the new tracks :P

link

Last edited:

pr0udy

Wannabe Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020
    Well, that was a loooooong thread I just read through! It's weird flicking through around two years' worth of development in just over half an hour...

Anyway, from what I've seen this hack looks like it's going swimmingly and just like everyone else here I hope the beta is released soon. It would certainly make a nice Christmas present, don't you think? :P

Oh, and as a side note, this is my first post on the PC forums! So... hello everyone!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Regarding the Gengar answer...

Making it catchable on the wild isn't enough. We might want to have various gengars with various movesets. So please, make him evolve at 45 or so... =p

linkandzelda

Years
  • Regarding the Gengar answer...

Making it catchable on the wild isn't enough. We might want to have various gengars with various movesets. So please, make him evolve at 45 or so... =p

yes. there is an event where a gengar attacks you at lv 50. haunter evolves at level 48

link

Last edited:

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • I have a question.
    IN other FR hacks, when you save after gaining the first Poke, when you trun on again the little animation that shows you the progress (I forgot the word! XS) whan you got out of Profesor Elm's lab, says: "------- get out of Professor Oak's lab" or something like that. Can you fix it?

Dark_Master

Dark/Ghost Pokemon Master
    Years
  • yes. there is an event where a gengar attacks you at lv 50. haunter evolves at level 48

link
    dont forget alakazam (about 34), Machamp (about 50), Golem (about 40), Kingdra (about 55), Slowking (Maybe Sun Stone?), Steelix (about 35), Sizor (about 35), Polytoed (Moon Stone), or Porygon 2 (about 30). (LOL LIST)

48 for gengar might be a little high but that's just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2009
    I'm VERY happy to hear that the custom music is working, and that a beta is coming soon.

I hope it's not delayed again, though.
    This is GREAT news. I feel hyped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back