• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    make so theres no pokemon in there. and that maybe theres a small patch of grass out side the mountain/cave entrance where the pokemon will be. :P

what ever is easy :P sounds like the game is coming along well too.

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • make so theres no pokemon in there. and that maybe theres a small patch of grass out side the mountain/cave entrance where the pokemon will be. :P

what ever is easy :P sounds like the game is coming along well too.

it's a good idea, however, that wouldn't work, you see theres already a patch of grass on the same route close to ecruteak...so adding a patch of grass would just basically be a phail, seeing as the same pokemon would appear in that area too..

SamieNiceGuy

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    your right ^^ i like your idea better though :D has more in it. and has an event. unlike mine i just put it together in 5 seconds :P

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • i have the sullution. remove all the pokemon from the cave (done) make new ones (havnt done) and then it should work.

link

linkandzelda

Years
  • i have dissvovered 2 bugs with the world map. you cant fly to olivine or blackthorn because the map is not in bak 3 (so it dosnt really have the ability to be flown to). I'm not going to fix this for this beta because it involves remapping and shifting and renaming and stuff. it will hopfully be done for beta 2.

if people really want to be able to get there (especially blackthorn cuz of ice path) then i will make an alternative. please tell me if you do for this beta.

thanks in advance
    link

SamieNiceGuy

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    it would be nice to fly there. but dont push your self if it's hard to do at the moment.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • i have dissvovered 2 bugs with the world map. you cant fly to olivine or blackthorn because the map is not in bak 3 (so it dosnt really have the ability to be flown to). I'm not going to fix this for this beta because it involves remapping and shifting and renaming and stuff. it will hopfully be done for beta 2.

if people really want to be able to get there (especially blackthorn cuz of ice path) then i will make an alternative. please tell me if you do for this beta.

thanks in advance
    link

OK, why don't you use the Teleport System to teleport to Towns (Well, to explain it, you must have went to the city before you can use to teleport to that city.)?

Then, as for fly (The attack), is only for attacking.

Well, if you think this is OK, then you can use my idea.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Well guys, I've opened up a new forum exclusively for Clear Diamond and Liquid Crystal and ROM Hacking in general, first 3 from Pokecommunity that register become Moderators!
    So PM me for the details if your interested because I'm not allowed to advertise here lol
    Anyways I'm gonna index a few sprites and import when I have the ROM next..

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Sounds good so far, that little bug about the not flying to the certain places sounds annoying but I don't expect it all to be perfect in the 1st Beta and neither should anyone else, Hope to see the game in action soon :)

SamieNiceGuy

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    sounds like everything is okay :D and im sure the flying bug wont effect the game that much right ?

UltramasterBDX

German Romhacker
    Years
  • Hey, linkandzelda,

I like Pokémon Liquid Crystall.
    It's fantastic to play another remake than shiny gold!
    So, keep up the cool stuff ;-)

By the way, the tile-colors (gras, trees) are a bit to bright. (In my opinion)

I'm counting on you^^

linkandzelda

Years
  • Sounds good so far, that little bug about the not flying to the certain places sounds annoying but I don't expect it all to be perfect in the 1st Beta and neither should anyone else, Hope to see the game in action soon :)

were trying to make things as best as possible XD

sounds like everything is okay :D and im sure the flying bug wont effect the game that much right ?

well. not much execpt from when your in the goldenrod area :/ or you need to get to blackthorn you have to go through ice path or dark cave :O

Nope it doesn't :)
    it should work ok, it'll still work just not in certain places

well. yea. you cant fly to anywhere from route 34, goldenrod, route 35 and some other i cant remember lol. but the main problem is you cant fly to olivine or blackthorn AT ALL.

Hey, linkandzelda,

I like Pokémon Liquid Crystall.
    It's fantastic to play another remake than shiny gold!
    So, keep up the cool stuff ;-)

By the way, the tile-colors (gras, trees) are a bit to bright. (In my opinion)

I'm counting on you^^

thanks. i think the palletes dont seem to bright for me (probably cuz my eyes are ruined from the computer screen lol).

BIG UPDATE: ALMOST READY FOR A BETA!!?!?!?!?!!?? just need to finish the league and fix/add a couple of things and do the final testing and then its ready XD.

EDIT: I fixed the flying bug for blackthorn as i relized how really annoying that its XD. its not perfect but youl see. i will try to do olivine too.

link

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    I can't wait for this to come out! I always liked Crystal more than Gold, so I hope this is as good as it's looking! I also think the Charizard sprite's head is a smidge too big. It's pose is really cool though. I think if the head was a little smaller it would be perfect (in my opinion!)

SamieNiceGuy

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    crystal is always better :P but i remember when the games first came out. i had all 3. but i only completed gold O.O

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Oh Yeah Olivine, I remember that's the place with the Ampharos, would be nice if you could fly there cause I didn't really like surfing to the island so I doubt Id like surfing back but no big deal :)

Woot, can't be too long before we get to have a go on it :)

linkandzelda

Years
  • I can't wait for this to come out! I always liked Crystal more than Gold, so I hope this is as good as it's looking! I also think the Charizard sprite's head is a smidge too big. It's pose is really cool though. I think if the head was a little smaller it would be perfect (in my opinion!)

i remember when gold/silver came. at that time i wasnt allowed any games consoles :( so i couldnt play it (i also remember nicking some kids gbc to play yellow :)). in the end i got a computer and found vba so i decided to play crystal (1-2 years after its release XD) and the best bit about it i remember is being able to go the kanto. i never completed g/s. i only know crystal.

crystal is always better :P but i remember when the games first came out. i had all 3. but i only completed gold O.O

as i said above i only know crystal well lol.

Oh Yeah Olivine, I remember that's the place with the Ampharos, would be nice if you could fly there cause I didn't really like surfing to the island so I doubt Id like surfing back but no big deal :)

Woot, can't be too long before we get to have a go on it :)

thats right. i hated surfing to the island too but you know when you get fly you can just fly to ecruteak and walk to olivine to save sailing back XD

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I always loved Crystal. Too bad none of the sprites move in FR (that was one of the coolest parts)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • It looks really nice, I think it sure is better with the random weather and things, I think it might be a good Crystal remake. :)
    I like the tiles in it, if you need any help I sure can help you with it. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back