• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • I wanted to read the whole topic, but after having done that with other Crystal remakes and only in the end realising they had been cancelled, I REALLY lost my patiente xDD So I have some questions for you...

1st - Are Animations on the game?
    2nd - Is the Day/Night System incorporated? (or will it be)
    3rd - What pokemon are catchable WITHOUT RESORT TO sharking nor trading? The 251, I hope? =p
    4th - Battle Tower, yes?
    5th - Battle Frontier, yes?
    6th - Will all of Kanto region be in?
    7th - Will there be the option to re-battle trainers and gym leaders?
    8th - Will the game suffer from a rise in difficulty? As in Shiny Gold X, for example?
    9th - Will the locations of wild pokemon change, as in Pokemon Crystal All?
    10th - Finally, but not least, CONGRATULATIONS on this magnificent hack! ;)

Also, regardint the event you asked for, I remembered something cool. Imagine a dojo where you had to fight trainers, just like a normal Gym. There would be 15 trainers, one for each pokemon type. And when fighting them, you HAD to use the same type (for example, if you were battling a trainer with water type pokemon, you'd have to use water types as well).

You could also have a dojo which focused on different stats. Kinda like Norman's dojo on Ruby and Saphire, in which you had trainers whose strategy focused on stats or other strategies, rather than pokemon types.

Another idea is to make a double-team-based dojo. In this dojo, trainers would have insane combos. For example, I remember seeing one Gardevoir+Slaking combo, in which somehow Slaking would stop "loafing around" and just swept his opponents one after another. With some thinking, you could make a fun extra-event! =)

Thanks for your time =)

Thanks for the questions. I'll anwser them....

1. the FR animations are. if you mean things like the magnet train then i wasnt planing to put it in as i dont know where to start XD.
    2. it will be as soon as MX releases the tut/patch
    3. all pokemon are catchable including legendaries including third gen.
    4. battle tower will be in HOPFULLY because im having a bit of a probmen at the momment with haveing enough trainers. It will be done for the last beta or when all the trainers are put in pet.
    5. no. its not in crystal.
    6. yes. all of kanto will be in this time.
    7. the vs seeker will be included but not all trainers can be rebattled. there will be a gym leader rematch hopfully well i'm planning to.
    8. ive raised all pokemons levels by about 1-3 levels. the league i did 5 levels more than the orginal.
    9. the pokemon are in the same locations with the execption of the hoen pokes floating around.
    10. thank you.

I know, I was just saying;) Same here dude, this hack is gonna be great, with LaZ and Jake working on it! BOL stands for Best Of Luck.

I was just wondering, how far are you guys currently?

well. after i finished saffron i wasnt sure where to go next but i've chossen cerulean. the beta will go up to getting the magnet pass (not sure if you can use it yet XD but theres gonna be a longer event for getting the snorlax to move...

Dont forget that im the scripter lol. Hey when do you need me kristian

whenever im stuck and thanks for the help (when i ask xd)

I have 2 weeks to work on this so expect frequent updates and maybe a beta in this 2 weeks. not promising anything though.

link

Ami Mizuno

Sailor Mercury/Jupiter fan!
    Years
  • Oh my.. This is really something, Link. You and Jake have done a fantastic job on this hack. One question though, will all of the legends have their separate locations with their own theme or do you two have something else in mind?

~MercuryShadowScizor

linkandzelda

Years
  • well. im hoping to have each ledgend have its own small event but they might have to just run wild. were open to suggestions on this guys....

link

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Just some suggestions for legendaries:

I think Raikou and Entei should be just like in the Crystal version... you know, running wild. Suicune should have its original event, and so should Celebi. After getting the 3 gerbils, you could get Ho-Oh.

Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres could be in the same places as before, no? Except for Moltres, he should be on Cinabbar island inside a vulcano! =p I mean, it wouldn't make much sense getting them before the E4. After getting these 3, you could get Lugia.

After having unlocked (and caught) Lugia and Ho-Oh, you could then get Celebi, on Ilex Forest, with the GS Ball event.

Mewtwo should be on his original place. After beating him you'd unlock Birth Island, where Deoxys and Mew would be.

After getting all these legendaries, you would be called for an incredibly urgent mission. You would have to go to the Dragon's Den...

In the Dragon's Den, you would find Latias and Latios. They had come to warn you about two men who had come to the past, just to terrorize the current world with incredibly strong Pokes. Lance and Claire were already on their way to stop them. You'd have to fight both Latios and Latias in order to prove your worth, just as Claire and Lance had. This is where you could catch both of them.

The two men would be the leaders of Team Magma and Team Aqua. They'd be on the top of Sky Pillar. Lance and Claire had just gotten there. Just as both leaders tried to send their Pokes, these would go on a rampage, making their ex-owners run away. Meanwhile, you would be there with Claire and Lance, while watching the 3 Regies, Groundon and Kyrogue going completely beserk. Claire would help you fight the 3 Regies. Lance would then help you fight Groundon and Kyrogue. Of course, the Lance and Claire thingy is kinda impossible if you cannot catch pokes on 2-on-1 battles. I personally do not know if it is possible or not :S In case it is not, then forget about the "Lance and Claire helping you out" thingy :P Anyway, this would be your opportunity to catch them. Just after you think it was over, Rayquazza appears. Claire and Lance are already too tired to fight. You seem to be alone against him. That is when a misterious man gray-haired man appears. He is no other than Steve. You however do not know who he is, but this is not the time for getting suspicious. You accept his help, and together fight Rayquazza, in the ultimate battle to save the world. (once again, if it is impossible to catch on 2-on-1 battles, forget about Steve :P )

If, as I said, 2-on-1 battles cannot be used to catch Pokes, then make Lance and Claire unable to beat Latios and Latias. You would be called exactly because they had failed to prove their worth, and demanded a trainer whose capabilities were such that he could beat them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Overall, the game looks great. Can't wait for the release. Good luck with this. ;]

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    After thinking a bit, the idea of 3-gen pokes does not seem as shiny as it did anymore. Specially considering that opposing trainers won't have their Pokes modified, and thus only fight with 1 and 2-gen ones. I had therefore this idea...

First, release Pokemon Liquid Crystal with only 1st and 2nd gen pokes. That also saves you some time in what concerns scripting events for 3rd gen legendaries and such.

Then, after having realeased it, work on Pokemon Liquid Crystal +. Basically, just add the 3rd gen pokes as random encounters through Kanto and Johto, and script the 3rd-gen legendaries events.

I think that way you could please both the players who want 3rd-gen in it and those who don't... And also release Liquid Crystal earlier than you thought! ;)

linkandzelda

Years
  • well. i have done everything that was orginally in crystal and extra events ive included have some third gen pokes. liquid crystal i think will only be one hack and it will include 3rd gen.

as for the legends ideas i think there good but i have some events planned for some which would interfere with your ideas.

link

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I see, I see.

Well, think about it. I think that at least the Latios/Latias idea was good. Even if Claire and Lance ask you for a face-off at the Dragon's Den, and you end up fighting both Lati@s as a reward ;)

Also, if 3rd gen pokes are in for sure, then what about chaging some of the trainers pokes? Or better, adding pokes to their original ones? It'd make the game harder, and it'd also make more sense gameplay-wise ;)

Yours,

Blues

linkandzelda

Years
  • yea i sopose so. the latas's will be in dragons den i know or at least one of them. i cant redo any of the traienrs pkes i've done so far but up coming ones maybe i can do it.

link

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    This sounds better and better since I last posted. I can't wait to see the finale!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wow nice man! This here will be released in 2 betas right? One johto and one jhoto/kanto right? Also i like your graphics better then sg's graphics oddly.

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • LinkandZelda, you are a magician!
    My favorite Pokemon Game live again, oh, God bless you man!, I'm here in this forum because I just want to see your work!.
    I have some questios, sorry if some of them are already answered.
    1- What about cheat codes? could the ones for RF work or new ones or no-ones?
    2- willl be there Pkmns animations?, perahps the ones of emerald?
    3- Did you erase the beginnig part when prof oak. introduce himself and talk about Gary (That has not been erased yet from Shiny Gold and that's very annoying)
    4- Will you do some new parts of the story?, I mean, like complement it with parts of the anime or the manga to make it more interesting.

Thanks for your answers and keep doing in this way!

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
  • thanks guys. this is probbably gonna be in 3-4 betas: beta 1 = johto full and kanto half, beta 2 = johto full and kanto full, beta 3 with johto, kanto full and (secret) half and beta 4 will be the final with all legends events and custom events. optional beta 5 for bug fixes and requests.

about the questions...
    1. I dont suport cheat codes so i have no idea. i pressume the FR ones will still work.
    2. nope. i dont think that will be put in.
    3. im affraid not. thats still in there as i dont know how to remove it.
    4. im adding in bits here and there. most of them will be in kanto.

im working on the left of saffron now as i decided to go all around back to lavender and then saffron and then cerulean power plant event. hang in there. not long to go now.

EDIT: i have a question for people. im thinking of adding in a trade/battle/union room center so people can trade and stuff useing VBA LINK. this would mean that the second level of the pokecenters will be removed. please give me feedback on this and weither its worth doing or not.

link

Last edited:

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • What can I say, perahps, you could make it but if it had other non-link use, for example, you got to go there for any mission or somethiing like that, or chat with trainers form past (Like red..., an example).
    But if it has the same purpose of the 2nd pokemon center floor, why to put it in? however, if you want, you are the hacker and you can do everything! xDD :).

Another question: Will you explain why red is there in the silver cave?, maybe because he's bad or possesed with mewtwo or somethin? xDD, I mean, he's really mysterious, and a storyline for him would be good ;).

And the ever-question.
    When do you think will be relased the B4?, I LOOF FORWARD FOR IT!!PLEASE DON'T BE SLOW! :D Sorry, take your time, I'm a very obssesive Pkmn Crystal fan xDD :)

Years
  • thanks guys. this is probbably gonna be in 3-4 betas: beta 1 = johto full and kanto half, beta 2 = johto full and kanto full, beta 3 with johto, kanto full and (secret) half and beta 4 will be the final with all legends events and custom events. optional beta 5 for bug fixes and requests.

about the questions...
    1. I dont suport cheat codes so i have no idea. i pressume the FR ones will still work.
    2. nope. i dont think that will be put in.
    3. im affraid not. thats still in there as i dont know how to remove it.
    4. im adding in bits here and there. most of them will be in kanto.

im working on the left of saffron now as i decided to go all around back to lavender and then saffron and then cerulean power plant event. hang in there. not long to go now.

EDIT: i have a question for people. im thinking of adding in a trade/battle/union room center so people can trade and stuff useing VBA LINK. this would mean that the second level of the pokecenters will be removed. please give me feedback on this and weither its worth doing or not.

link
    You should do that.
    More mapping space.:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    It's kinda indifferent for me... I will probably just run the rom on my mobile phone, so...

However, it WOULD be cool nevertheless. We could even plan some tournaments here with certain restrictions ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back