• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • glad to see people are exicted about the release date :D

remember when zeikku posted that screenshot of the platinum HP battle boxes. well that was a prototype he did on paint. we started putting it into the rom and this is the result so far:

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Thats the first step. Zeikku has the battle backgrounds ready and they will be inserted soon lol.

link

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Wow, this hack is looking really good. I heard some of Ryuseikun's remixes on Youtube and their great. Good luck, 'cause I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    glad to see people are exicted about the release date :D

remember when zeikku posted that screenshot of the platinum HP battle boxes. well that was a prototype he did on paint. we started putting it into the rom and this is the result so far:

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Thats the first step. Zeikku has the battle backgrounds ready and they will be inserted soon lol.

link
    That looks perfect! I'm actually really excited for the release of beta 2! Development is moving incredibly fast! I hope it's not as buggy as beta 1 was, though. I also like how this hack differentiates itself from every other hack, and the HP boxes and battle BGs will just add to it. Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    hey LnZ, had a quick run through the first areas and it's looking good, although, not so sure about the massive amounts of weather, perhaps make extreme weather less frequent and restricted to certain appropriate areas?

anyway, my main question, will the link functions be backwards compatable with other genIII games? will you be adding the 'network center' in any capacity so i can trade my pokedudes from R/S/E?

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • Im sure the weather already got ironed out a little bit a few weeks back so that wont be a factor in beta 2 really ^^ Also im loving the battle Labels and backgrounds, great work ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Well, for the weather you could do some things to make it more reasonable. For example, put it like a 1 in 3 chance of it raining using the random command, and a 1/3 chance for snowing too. If applicable, add a sandstorm too. Sandstorms in new bark town though is... erm.... well.. you know.

Switchblade

Steel Master.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Just a note; In the cave where you fight team aqua after beating the 8th gym leader, sometimes when you interact with items on the ground, it freezes your character in place. Also happened when talking to the red haired dude just before you fight Ex-Team Rockets (Now Team Aqua's) leader. Meaning the whole encounter there is bugged. You can keep moving forward but you dont fight either of the three aqua guys there, and every time you step forward it repeats his cheer on for you.

Also, sometimes in the building before that area, if you go through the wrong stairs you get stuck because it seems your character doesnt want to go back up the stairs you came down.

This is in beta 1.1

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Orange Islands

On one of ur previous posts u said u werent thinking bout inserting the Orange islands gyms...
    It would be realy nice if u did cause this might be ppls only chance to challenge those, cause no other hack of the orange islands was ever complete -.-

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2019
    I got the soothe bell and i went to Tin tower, but that old guy keeps telling me to go away when I try to get past him. Why is that?

darthalex

Kidney Thief
    Years
  • no of pokemon available

just wondering, how many pokemon will you be able to get in your pokedex in this version? will all 386 be available or just some of them?

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    just wondering, how many pokemon will you be able to get in your pokedex in this version? will all 386 be available or just some of them?
    Well I believe there will be no DP POKeMON so I can only basically say RBY, GSC and some RSE ones are in.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    I think fixing the map for flying is pretty critical. Also, maybe someway to incorporate a correct pokedex so that it actually shows where the pokemon are, instead of using the pokemon fire red map

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • *Complain: All the users in my screen are called Todoroky... I'm scared...*
    Hey!, it's glad to see how much the hack have improved, all I got to say is: I NEED IT!! AHH!!!, That was a joke, I'm really excited, LaZ and Zeikku have become the bests hackers ever in the forum, I'm really impressed.

Keep going like this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back