• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    mm such a great hack but it's not that appealing at first sight on the front page. why not get a layout ? I think that's what you need. all i see is screens etc all put in those tag thingys :P

I'm just saying. spice it up a bit and make it more nicer :D also loving the new screens. i can see that a lot has changed and that this is going to be a lot of fun. Also you might of said this a while back but i could not see it in the other pages but where does it end at beta 2. If you don't know yet that's okay :)

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • As it stands at the moment Beta 2 will include include all of kanto and mt.silver, It is also going to have part of the orange island story line Laz is planning just to keep people intrested for beta 3 (and possibly beta 4 and such) How much of the islands that we will actually see in beta 2 though is a mystery that only Laz and his team know.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • I tested this out today, I must say nice job! Everything is excellent, except the weather changes like every other 5 minutes, that annoys me. Apart from that, nice job! ^_^

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    What would happen if I beat the E4 with a game that has the one save error where it says to exchange the back up memory (I'm using save states) and gets to the point that says now saving when you are regestered in the hall of fame? Will it not work and I'll have to start over? 0_0

dartdude6

Legend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    What would happen if I beat the E4 with a game that has the one save error where it says to exchange the back up memory (I'm using save states) and gets to the point that says now saving when you are regestered in the hall of fame? Will it not work and I'll have to start over? 0_0
    What emulator are you using? If you're using VBA, just switch the save type to Flash 128 KB.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    L&Z, i encountered a glitch by the first gym. Theres a spot to the right of the gym, where if you try to go through it, it wont let you, and if you press A, it freezes the games

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    If you try to get the togepi egg at violet city, then the aide can't go through the pokemon center door.

he bounces off. it's kinda funny, but it resets the game

so sadly, i can't continue past violet. help anyone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    How about making some Hoenn Pokemon one-time only special events?

Like you wander around in Burnt Tower or Whirlpool Islands and you find a hidden tunnel and fight a Blaziken or something like that. That would be really cool and a good way to use free space.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Like you wander around in Burnt Tower or Whirlpool Islands and you find a hidden tunnel and fight a Blaziken or something like that. That would be really cool and a good way to use free space.

A event like this reminds me of the Aggron in Shiny Gold.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    are you going to allow trade with R/S/E from the get go, or at least before the elite 4? that would be awesome, i would prefer it to having everything catchable

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    If you try to get the togepi egg at violet city, then the aide can't go through the pokemon center door.

Use version 1.1 instead of 1 to bypass, then move back to 1.0

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    Version 1.1 Violet City BUG FIX (w/ Elm's Assistant)

Okay, so after 3 hours and 15 minutes of playing Liquid Crystal, I find a SHINY SPINAREK (sp?). That's right. ****ing shiny. Then guess what? I get hit with the Prof. Elm's Assistant **** up where it resets the game (luckily I did a savestate). But the problem is...how do I continue in 1.1? I obviously don't want to lose my shiny spidey. So after messing a little, here is a fix:

1. Hard patch your rom, if it is not already.
    2. Open the rom and make a savestate (Shift + F#); Close VBA
    3. Open your rom inside AdvanceMap
    4. Go to the map 34, 1 (Violet city pokemon center) and click on the Assistant.
    5. Copy the Assistant's script offset. (Mine was 82EF34)
    6. Goto map 3, 49 (Route 32)
    7. Find the boy who stops you from leaving Violet city because he says a "guy with glasses" is looking for you at the pokemon center.
    8. Write down his script offset (make sure you don't lose the Assistant's you copied earlier!)
    9. Paste the assistant's offset into the boy's script offset textbox.
    10. Goto File, Save As..., and rename it to something. Close AdvanceMap
    11. Open up the newly saved ROM, load (Ctrl + L) your savestate you made earlier, and talk to the boy. You should successfully receive the egg. If you check the Pkmn center, the assistant is now gone. That is because the flag used for this event has been set.
    12. Create a new savestate
    13. Now, finally, open the original, hard patched rom (the one without the script offset change) and open your newest savestate. Talk to the boy again to get the standard Miracle Seed or whatever it's called. Ta da!
    14. Play as normal.
    If you encounter another error like this, try doing the same method, reassigning a script to someone else then going back to the original. Yay!

dartdude6

Legend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    Okay, so after 3 hours and 15 minutes of playing Liquid Crystal, I find a SHINY SPINAREK (sp?). That's right. ****ing shiny.
    I was also very lucky to find a shiny in my playthrough and I caught a Shiny Level 25 Bellsprout on Route 44. Linkandzelda, did you increase the chances of finding shiny Pokemon in Liquid Crystal?

EDIT: I also wanted to let you know about a bug you probably know about already, but something that DEFINITELY be fixed is the Suicune event. When the person tells you to get the Clear Bell, it can easily be mistaken with the Soothe Bell which you get right before the suicune event. To make things worse with this bug, the guy who tells you to get the clear bell lets you through with just the soothe bell (The Three Sages stop you though). Another suggestion I have about this event is when Morty and Eusine tell you where the Clear Bell is, you should make the instructions on how to get to the Clear Bell a little more clear. These bugs REALLY annoyed me, so if you fix this event,, you can hopefully prevent people who play v2.0 from getting annoyed by this also. Anyways, thanks again for this amazing hack. This is the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game since Pokemon Gold.

Last edited:

darthalex

Kidney Thief
    Years
  • Found a problem with the latios event, if you catch it stays there and you can fight it again.
    Also after seeing elm after beating the elite 4, his assistant gives you a potion, might be intentional, but at that stage of the game a potion doesnt do much.

And when you fight axel by the SS whatever, he has 4 level 55 pokemon called ? who havea picture that is just two question marks?

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • i didnt mean a pokedex as such but in SG i know exactly where to find my team i dont have to spend ages getting bored of looking for 1 pokemon

just beat morty in LQ

Edit just noticed you have thunder punch as a game corner prize for 4000 coins and goldenrod store sells it for $3000

Hmm. i havent done the game corner prizes yet i dont think. they are done in beta 2 :P

You might have noticed already but Axel says "Manger" instead of "Manager" in the power plant.

Edit: Are you gonna change Axel's OW? He looks way too much like Blue. And are you gonna fix the thing in the beginning where the red-haired rival shows up as Blue with green hair?

Edit 2: I found a bug. When you're leaving Elm's lab after you give him the egg, there's a spot next to the Elm's assistant that if you talk to it the dialogue from the police officer will come up and then you'll freeze up.

That spelling error has been fixed. That OW im not too sure where it is. I swapped the real OWs but it didnt change lol. I need to do some research.

That other bug i wasnt aware of but it might have already been fixed.

I really like the new battle setup this game has ,and it's looking better each day. I haved played the 1.1 beta on my Elink cart and its fantastic. It's a great hold over to the GS remakes that might come out soon,but if Gamefreak doesn't, then I'm going to be satisfied with just this. And about the intro, would it be possible to redo the intro of Crystal for the remake?

well the intro i dont think atm. it would be great if it was possible though :D

Got permission from LaZ to post these screenshots of the revamped towns, as well as the revamped mart. These will be in Beta 2.

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

great screens there.

I haver a glitch:

press right when you enter elm's lab after fighting your rival for the 1st time. The game act as if you pressed up, and because of this, you're one step too far to the left, and the police officer walks right through you, and leaves through the wall the door is on

now a few questions:
    Do the legendary dogs appear randomly in the grass, or are they randomly located on maps as OWs

Since you seem, to be pretty far already and, if I remember right, you're going to have 4 betas, will there be a new region, or are you just going to make more towns, routes, buildings, and events in Kanto and Johto?

I have an idea for a groudon/kyogre/rayquaza event:
    Team Rocket (or the new team, or some random idiot) awakens groudon or kyogre. A ranger finds you, the most recent Pkmn league champ, and asks you to awaken the other to balance out the weather. It obviously fails, and they start duking it out on a new island below cinnabar. You then hear that something similar happened in hoenn 3 years ago, and that rayquaza was the only thing that can stop their battle. You find rayquaza and it attacks. If you catch it, you must take it to where G&K are fighting to get them to stop and then you can catch them. If you defeated it, it will automatically go there and break up the fighting. You can not catch G&K because they already left while you were trying to get to them.

thanks fo the bugs and the dogs are random in the wild :P quite hard to find though.

As i mentioned the orange islands will be added as a new region.

Also thanks for the story but i already have done them :P. they dont have an event as such but you cant find rayquazza until you "battle" kyogue or groudon.

The tiles look pretty amazing in beta 2. Just a couple more weeks!

thanks. i think they are amazing too lol.

LaZ said on the previous page (or the one before that), that the Orange Islands will be in this game (a part of it in Beta 2).

wow. at least somone reads my posts :P jk

Woow. The mart looks more traditional and fit with Johto atmosphere. Nice work!

thanks. the rest of the interiors will fit the johto atmosphere too :D

You are seriously putting a lot of effort into this. Good luck!

thanks

Yep, Beta 2 is gonna look a lot more like the original Johto.

true. alot more like it :P

Woah, dude. That was the Best Drawing of the Pokemon Mart!

thanks. it was done on MS paint lol

Everything looks great, love the mart.

(hope you are backing up as you go along xd)

xd. of course im backing things up.

The new screens really do add some sort of uniquie felling to the game, im not sure how to describe it really, but it adds a much more Johto like presance to the hack, something all the other G/S/C remakes lack. Anyways good luck and im looking foward to the release (Hopefully I can finish Platinum before its released though ^^)

xD. thanks

can you get lapras in this game?

yes. in the 1.1 patch. goto its normal location when the weather is dark. not raining though.

well i found a bug/error/glitch

i dont kno if you kno it alraedy but i wanna share

when i get the dragon fang and resturn to the gym she still won't give me the bagde

yea i know lol. your suposed to go a bit further into the cave. then you will see.

dude aswome hack lots of fun

lol thanks.

Hay in safforn city how do i get pass Develeoper LaZ?
    i got a fusia city gyn bagde and whent to talk to
    LaZ and i got to fight him... but all the time i battle him
    the game freezes or resets the game to the theme thing

thats strange. well after that battle you cant get past me anyway as its the end of the fuirst beta.

thats probably the case.

hey great game but im kinda stuck on the dragons den cuz i cant use whirlpool on the whirpool thing where im suppose to get to that man so i can get my badge.. and i really dont wanna start again someone plz help? and whirpool was in tm for some reason and i my pidgey learned it for some reason., help

This is pretty good so far; the Zane battle at the beginning of the game was random and unexpected, but easy. :p

I found a bug I don't know if anyone else has found; if you try to leave in Elm's lab before getting your starter, it still says "Oak:" instead of "Elm:".

yea i know that one lol. thanks.

Hey dude i have a question ... on the second city after beating bugssy, i go on and when i go the the forest, my arrival comes and he sends out his starer and it laggs im playing 1.1 and i patched it to the 1.0 and it still doesnt work please someone help me thanks :)

well that is one of the freezing bugs that keep happening. they are hopfully all fixed in the next beta.

Heard the release is coming real soon now, just wait for Beta 2.0 ;)

yea. thats my reccomendation to people playing who are experienceing bugs.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT patch the patch over a ROM that's already been patched...
    Read the Before Playing A Hack thread for further details about how to play hacks...

i keep saying that. always patch to a new rom.

I mean, the rom you patched :S, there are so many roms on the web, of the same game, but the patch only works at full with 1, so, perhaps, you patched a hacked version or an edited version, I tell you this because once i did the same xD

me too. lol

mm such a great hack but it's not that appealing at first sight on the front page. why not get a layout ? I think that's what you need. all i see is screens etc all put in those tag thingys :P

I'm just saying. spice it up a bit and make it more nicer :D also loving the new screens. i can see that a lot has changed and that this is going to be a lot of fun. Also you might of said this a while back but i could not see it in the other pages but where does it end at beta 2. If you don't know yet that's okay :)

i do need a layout i know lol. the beta two will end slightly into the orange islands.

As it stands at the moment Beta 2 will include include all of kanto and mt.silver, It is also going to have part of the orange island story line Laz is planning just to keep people intrested for beta 3 (and possibly beta 4 and such) How much of the islands that we will actually see in beta 2 though is a mystery that only Laz and his team know.

well thats what you think. none of us know yet lol. if anyone does it would be me as i will decide when to stop. im making the events as i go along so who knows lol.

I tested this out today, I must say nice job! Everything is excellent, except the weather changes like every other 5 minutes, that annoys me. Apart from that, nice job! ^_^

thanks. the weather is much more relaisitic now as it stays on one weather for much longer. there is still snadstorm and such.

im not too sure actully. i havent tried it lol

What emulator are you using? If you're using VBA, just switch the save type to Flash 128 KB.

yea try that thogh. it should work.

L&Z, i encountered a glitch by the first gym. Theres a spot to the right of the gym, where if you try to go through it, it wont let you, and if you press A, it freezes the games

oh yes. is that round the back? i think i know why.

does anyone know where to find gastly?
    ive looked like everywhere and am yet to come across one

there should be one on route 36. they used to be in sprout tower though lol

well for the countless number of times... play one beta 1 and then go back to 1.1

hmm. well some hoenn pokes will be special events. most of them just in the wild though lol.

are you going to allow trade with R/S/E from the get go, or at least before the elite 4? that would be awesome, i would prefer it to having everything catchable

i havent actully rthought about network abilitys tbh. as the trading script is messed up becuase i used the multi boxes for something else lol.

the final version will suport trading/battleing with vba link.

Okay, so after 3 hours and 15 minutes of playing Liquid Crystal, I find a SHINY SPINAREK (sp?). That's right. ****ing shiny. Then guess what? I get hit with the Prof. Elm's Assistant **** up where it resets the game (luckily I did a savestate). But the problem is...how do I continue in 1.1? I obviously don't want to lose my shiny spidey. So after messing a little, here is a fix:

1. Hard patch your rom, if it is not already.
    2. Open the rom and make a savestate (Shift + F#); Close VBA
    3. Open your rom inside AdvanceMap
    4. Go to the map 34, 1 (Violet city pokemon center) and click on the Assistant.
    5. Copy the Assistant's script offset. (Mine was 82EF34)
    6. Goto map 3, 49 (Route 32)
    7. Find the boy who stops you from leaving Violet city because he says a "guy with glasses" is looking for you at the pokemon center.
    8. Write down his script offset (make sure you don't lose the Assistant's you copied earlier!)
    9. Paste the assistant's offset into the boy's script offset textbox.
    10. Goto File, Save As..., and rename it to something. Close AdvanceMap
    11. Open up the newly saved ROM, load (Ctrl + L) your savestate you made earlier, and talk to the boy. You should successfully receive the egg. If you check the Pkmn center, the assistant is now gone. That is because the flag used for this event has been set.
    12. Create a new savestate
    13. Now, finally, open the original, hard patched rom (the one without the script offset change) and open your newest savestate. Talk to the boy again to get the standard Miracle Seed or whatever it's called. Ta da!
    14. Play as normal.
    If you encounter another error like this, try doing the same method, reassigning a script to someone else then going back to the original. Yay!

thanks for this. although in 11 days this wont matter anymore :P

I was also very lucky to find a shiny in my playthrough and I caught a Shiny Level 25 Bellsprout on Route 44. Linkandzelda, did you increase the chances of finding shiny Pokemon in Liquid Crystal?

EDIT: I also wanted to let you know about a bug you probably know about already, but something that DEFINITELY be fixed is the Suicune event. When the person tells you to get the Clear Bell, it can easily be mistaken with the Soothe Bell which you get right before the suicune event. To make things worse with this bug, the guy who tells you to get the clear bell lets you through with just the soothe bell (The Three Sages stop you though). Another suggestion I have about this event is when Morty and Eusine tell you where the Clear Bell is, you should make the instructions on how to get to the Clear Bell a little more clear. These bugs REALLY annoyed me, so if you fix this event,, you can hopefully prevent people who play v2.0 from getting annoyed by this also. Anyways, thanks again for this amazing hack. This is the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game since Pokemon Gold.

thanks for that bug and i think i have it pretty much done. i didnt actully touch the dhiny encounte rate. i belive there is no way of determining the rate its just shiny pokemon or not shiny lol.

Found a problem with the latios event, if you catch it stays there and you can fight it again.
    Also after seeing elm after beating the elite 4, his assistant gives you a potion, might be intentional, but at that stage of the game a potion doesnt do much.

And when you fight axel by the SS whatever, he has 4 level 55 pokemon called ? who havea picture that is just two question marks?

yes thats a bug with the latios. that whole area is completly redone so theres no bugs there.

update: still working towards the release by doing the orange islands. there is still a few things left to t do in johto and kanto until they are comletly finished for now.

edit: i just rememebred i wanted to say a few other things.

1. just to let people know that to expect with the orange islands. in the anime it was made up of lots of differnet islands. in this it will be made of 5 big islands with 2-3 towns on each. also these towns wont have proper map names as i only have 5 spare. the orange islands will not follow the anime as its happening 3 years later lol. but similar things will happen.

2. the beta 2 patch will be released in the .ups form. i think this patchiong method is much more effecint than .ips patches. this will reduce bugs and make sure people use a clean rom.

thats all
    link

link

darthalex

Kidney Thief
    Years
  • Some other bugs,
    Game freezes in mt. silver/victory road against rival when he sends out kadabra, this happens on 1.0 and 1.1

Same thing happens against sabrina when she sends out mr. mime

Game resets when fighting LaZ north of saffron city on 1.1, crashes on 1.0

When you fight the rival just to the west of celadon city, he has 4 lvl 6 pokemon called ???????????

Badge count on save game does not increase past 8 when badges are obtained from kanto gym leaders

A couple of random tiles in and around saffron city that cant be walked through when they should be able to be

On the SS Aqua, if you talk to the sailor by the exit from the left, your character walks through the wall to exit the ship

Stairs outside SS Aqua can be walked over from the north, south or west of them

Sign on route 7 does not have proper text, just random symbols

Whenever an opponent sends out a tangela, there is a large space between "sends out" and "tangela" in the text

In celadon, the guy who gives talks about a grimer problem walks through the fence, the house he is standing by and the game corner building if you stand next to him (might just be because i walked thorugh walls)

One of the two kids with GBA's on the third floor of the department store in celadon says "form" instead of "from", the other kid says "pryygon" instead of "porygon"

A guy on the fifth floor of the department store does not finish his sentence, he says "I want to buy some items that raise pokemon stats but i dont have"

In celadon mansion, the guy who "wrote the story" is in two places, one is with the rest of the game makers, the other is on the floor above.

On the second floor of celadon mansion, there is two of the character sprite on top of a bookcase

If you walk through walls to the north west of celadon mansion, there is character sprite in the middle of the trees, using it makes the game crash out.

I know this may seem like a huge criticism, but i genuinely only want to help progression of this awesome hack :p

And if I remember correctly there was an Avenged Sevenfold reference by one of the team aqua guys in silph co :p

keep up the good work

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • As of today, I believe I am back for a while to hack, we as much as i can with this "clucking" piece of crap of a computer.

So expect some IMPROVED graphical stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back