• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
  • Keeping the Orange Islands seems like a good idea.
    It adds a unique touch to the hack, and seperates it from other remakes.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Well i think we will keep the OI for now. ive overcome most of the problems we would get there like map names, healing points, lvling up etc... the whole thing isnt gonna be that long anyway. its quite big but short :P there should be lots of side quests too. it also creates the begining of the next hack so its kind of essential for my plans :P

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • A couple of details might be good :P

Is it based After LC, if so how long after ?
    Same Person ?
    Same Region ?
    Some details be nice :P

Would Zeikku be working on it with you too ?

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Keep the orange islands. I always wanted to play a game with the orange islands in it. Even if you don't follow the events of the anime it makes somebody else's/or you work easier if you decide to make a hack later because you don't have to do a bunch of mapping or other things.

Or if somebody wants to make a hack with all the official regions in it (kanto, johto, Orange islands, etc) They are already halfway done and all they have to do is add ruby and sapphire maps and they are done.

Again please keep the orange islands

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. It's impossible to make a hack with all three regions in it.

linkandzelda

Years
  • A couple of details might be good :P

Is it based After LC, if so how long after ?
    Same Person ?
    Same Region ?
    Some details be nice :P

Would Zeikku be working on it with you too ?

ok... i guess a few details wont harm anyone :P

it is based after LC. directly after infact.
    you get to play as 2 people. zane and (secret). you have to play as both people to fully understand the story as it will intertwine :P.
    it will be my own custom region called ouka. might of heard of it already in LC.
    as far as i know zeikku will be working on it with me :P

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. It's impossible to make a hack with all three regions in it.

umm... explain why? im interested to see if you know what your talking about XD

link

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. It's impossible to make a hack with all three regions in it.

Okay, so we have 3 region maps in Fire Red, more than enough space to script in, and just about enough tileset space. especially with the extended music, map names and OWs table... I think we're all good to go, oh and we deleted all jusnk data and all default FR scripts.. which probably will clear up 1mb (which is a lot when the rom is 16mb) so tifaluv...you're little theory has gone down the drain.. There is enough space to add another region afterall. if we didn't do the Orange islands and had hoenn, we'd probably have just about enough space to get to the end, but by then we'd have to cut down events there, only because we've extended a whole lot and linkandzelda has a lotta scripts inserted. still I think we'll make the OI quite long.

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Err... Synyster, can you tell me what exactly are the "Junk Data" you're talkin' about?

Well it's mainly fire red default scripts and dumps of various stuff. Some graphics being a part of that junk data too, most rom hackers create new scripts, and never delete the existing scripts, mainly because there isn't a need, but for a huge hack like this.. we need as much space as we can get.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Well it's mainly fire red default scripts and dumps of various stuff. Some graphics being a part of that junk data too, most rom hackers create new scripts, and never delete the existing scripts, mainly because there isn't a need, but for a huge hack like this.. we need as much space as we can get.

Oh! That's what it is. Well, do you know how much space did Liquid Crystal used up now?

linkandzelda

Years
  • I'll explain why we did the restoration...

Most of the junk data is dead graphics, failed scripts and more importantly dead music. music takes up quite a bit of space. and there was at least 14 tracks unused becuase they didnt play ingame after i inserted them. also from about 0x800000 to like 0x890000 is complete junk. all my first scripts started there. i redid most of them anyway. theres LOADS of unused text too. you get the idea LOL. also broke maps too.... they took up alot. i would say the .ips will have shrunk by at least 1.5 mb.

also there is the freezing battle bug caused by unLZ writing bytes to random places... doing the restoration wont fix any script bugs that exist. noor will it fix any movment permissions. it will just make the rom far more stable to work with etc.

hope that explains why we did the restoration.
    link

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Btw I think you should keep the orange isalnds (or whatever you want to call them) in. It's always nice to have something else to do to make the game more interesting and fun.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • They said it would stretch them a bit but it could be added fine just not so many events, but that could be balanced out by spreading some from Jhoto/Kanto over Hoenn too but I think the Oranage Island's is a better idea :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back