• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • aww im so curius about beta 3!!! i know its long time but i just cant wait!! but do me a favor and plz dont add more legendaries in the undersea cavern. its not really creative to have all legendaries in one cave.

speaking of legendaries, where did u put celebi?? :D :D :D

each legend will have its own story or quest you have to do before you get it. no legend will just be "there". celibi isnt added yet.

link

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
    Years
  • I'm using Beta 2.1 and not sure if this has come up before or not but here's an odd glitch which I'm not even sure what I did that triggered it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2H2KtA9Vmg

Also hoping this works first time I'm ever trying to embed a youtube video >.<.
    Since the video didn't seem to show up via embedding changed it to a link.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    Hey LaZ!
    Im Not Really A Beta Player [[I Wait Until The Complete Game Comes Put]]
    But I Want To Help Find Bugs And Glitches So Beta 3 Can Be As Close To Perfect.
    =]

-Chido09-

LightSlei

Years
  • Hey LaZ!
    =]

-Chido09-

Exactly how does that work out? You have to play the beta to find glitches ;D.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • I'm using Beta 2.1 and not sure if this has come up before or not but here's an odd glitch which I'm not even sure what I did that triggered it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2H2KtA9Vmg

Also hoping this works first time I'm ever trying to embed a youtube video >.<.
    Since the video didn't seem to show up via embedding changed it to a link.

thats becuase the flag i used for that OW has been randomly unset by either 1. an old script somewhere or 2. the game unset it for some reason.

it will be fixed for beta 3 :P

Hey LaZ!
    =]

-Chido09-

well the best way you can do that is by playing beta 2.1 and reporting anything odd/unusal you can find. including text glithes and grammar errors.

link

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I got bored, so I decided to work on stuff for the new LC title..
    so here.. I got bored and sprited this

DO NOT STEAL

Spoiler:

I can't believe no one posted about the best Suicune ever!
    You people should be ashamed!

Last edited:

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
    Years
  • can u release a beta 2.5 so we can get a little sneak peak? :P pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :P

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hey LaZ, why does the the Celadon game corner have no prizes that are Pokemon. If it's because the script isn't working properly, it's because you'll have to rewrite since it messes up if you edit the Pokemon given. Well, that's what happened to me and Zel...(meh we could have been using the same ROM, but if it's glitchy, rewrite it in your own version and then it should work :P)

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Hi! I acctully posted this in the wrong thread, sorry for that :(

But anyhow I have some questions about this beta, and this hacks generally!

1. Could someone give me a link to the guide on how to use these hacks? coulden't find it.
    2. Is it supposed to be both english and spanish language combined in this hack?
    3. If I for instance play the Beta 3, could I use this savefile on the 4.th Beta?
    4. When I heal my pokemon at a pokemon-center, it often takes very long because of 20 senteces that look like this(not exactly the same letters in that order.): "RVRVRKRJR OLSLSLLSLLOWKNNW"
    5. Is it supposed to rain, snow, sandstorm and some other weather constantly? If so, am I the only one who finds this irritating over time? Would be ok if it only snowed at the mouintain, sandstorms at deserts and rain elseware with a commonlyrate of 20% or something.
    And, hopefully you understood me and wont flame me for this, I am 100% noob at this you know :)

Thanks for the hack :)

Looking forward to the full release.

LightSlei

Years
  • Hi! I acctully posted this in the wrong thread, sorry for that :(

But anyhow I have some questions about this beta, and this hacks generally!

1. Could someone give me a link to the guide on how to use these hacks? coulden't find it. < Download the IPS file, use Lunar IPS to patch it to a clean rom of the game it is a hack of, do not ask where to find a rom. Lunar IPS comes in some hacks and can be downloaded from a few sites.
    2. Is it supposed to be both english and spanish language combined in this hack? O_O Where?
    3. If I for instance play the Beta 3, could I use this savefile on the 4.th Beta? Sometimes you can just apply the next beta over the current one, sometimes you can't, depends on the hack.
    4. When I heal my pokemon at a pokemon-center, it often takes very long because of 20 senteces that look like this(not exactly the same letters in that order.): "RVRVRKRJR OLSLSLLSLLOWKNNW" O_O I haven't seen that at Pokemon Centers but other places.
    5. Is it supposed to rain, snow, sandstorm and some other weather constantly? If so, am I the only one who finds this irritating over time? Would be ok if it only snowed at the mouintain, sandstorms at deserts and rain elseware with a commonlyrate of 20% or something. Yes, it does it constantly.
    And, hopefully you understood me and wont flame me for this, I am 100% noob at this you know :)

Thanks for the hack :)

Looking forward to the full release.

Found another bug, not on the bug release. I already have all Johto badges, go back into Mr. Pokemons House and even though Oak isn't there he's saying the same thing as if I was at the start of the game.

Next Bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ARkb6NYeD0

In 2.1 after beating the E4 it's just restarting from the beginning.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • I think that Elite 4 bug thing is a result of not having a saving-capable FireRed ROM. I posted these instructions from someone over on EmuForums in the Help Thread that you can check out (they worked flawlessly for me): https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4945765&postcount=86

The only downside is that I think you'd have to start the game fresh, unless you play around with the saves. You could try replacing the last save state you make that lets you save in-game with the old one (but I'd save the new one just in case), but I'm not too sure if it'll work.

If it's not, well...it's up to LaZ. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked, theres just way to many pages to read through but
    does "Summary" work to look at your pokemon?
    because for me the screen goes black

LightSlei

Years
  • I think that Elite 4 bug thing is a result of not having a saving-capable FireRed ROM. I posted these instructions from someone over on EmuForums in the Help Thread that you can check out (they worked flawlessly for me): https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4945765&postcount=86

The only downside is that I think you'd have to start the game fresh, unless you play around with the saves. You could try replacing the last save state you make that lets you save in-game with the old one (but I'd save the new one just in case), but I'm not too sure if it'll work.

If it's not, well...it's up to LaZ. XD
    It's not a problem having to replay through it, it'll just be a small nuisance. Thanks Lance, I'll play through it again which won't take long but the fix worked ^_^.
    Besides playing through might create new bugs I haven't seen, it took me 3 times before Silver ended up in the door of the Olivine Gym, no idea what did that though O_O.
    Sorry if this has been asked, theres just way to many pages to read through but
    does "Summary" work to look at your pokemon?
    because for me the screen goes black
    It's supposed to, haven't heard of the black screen yet.

That also reminds me, when I bought some ultra balls earlier the money wasn't deducted either.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back