• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
  • Hi! I acctully posted this in the wrong thread, sorry for that :(

But anyhow I have some questions about this beta, and this hacks generally!

1. Could someone give me a link to the guide on how to use these hacks? coulden't find it.
    2. Is it supposed to be both english and spanish language combined in this hack?
    3. If I for instance play the Beta 3, could I use this savefile on the 4.th Beta?
    4. When I heal my pokemon at a pokemon-center, it often takes very long because of 20 senteces that look like this(not exactly the same letters in that order.): "RVRVRKRJR OLSLSLLSLLOWKNNW"
    5. Is it supposed to rain, snow, sandstorm and some other weather constantly? If so, am I the only one who finds this irritating over time? Would be ok if it only snowed at the mouintain, sandstorms at deserts and rain elseware with a commonlyrate of 20% or something.
    And, hopefully you understood me and wont flame me for this, I am 100% noob at this you know :)

Thanks for the hack :)

Looking forward to the full release.

1. Don't know the link either, but even a toddler could do it.
    2. It's only in English
    3. Don't you mean Beta 2.1 save for Beta 3 game? You can, but it might cause some unintentional bugs that won't happen if you start fresh with beta 3.
    4. Bad rom, get a clean one.
    5. Yes, the 7 types of weather are for the 7 days of the week, because the FR/LG version didn't have days, LaZ had to find a new way to make the "Day" events from the original games appear.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    Could anyone tell me where i get my hands on a sunstone? ive been looking for one for 3 days, i really wanto evolve my seadra :)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • well ive got some great news people.... i finished inserting all the maps and needed to fix some block data. so i inserted it and advance-map destryed the map bank header... theres no way i can easily fix it either... i was silly and didnt make a backup too :'(. i just spent the last 3 days inserting maps. theres no way i can do it again. so im tempted to just clean out the old rom if i cant fix it. im gonna keep trying for a bit though.

link

EDIT: well im desision is not final but it seems the community lacks the tools to do a proper restore... at the momment the new rom is more bugy than the old one. and thats sad IMO... im gonna clean up the old rom a bit. remove the dead music etc... remove the dead maps too. and all the FR scripts. oh and i'll redo the battle routine as thats what causes the freezing battles. if i can fix all that then i guess theres no need to restore :P.. kinda :'(

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
  • i would if it was that easy. the only way is to use the 3 day old backup but even that has bugs created by advanced map... im cleaning up the old rom right now. theres lots of junk that ive got rid of already :P

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • hehe unlucky, but hopefully now you've learned from the mistake :P

So;

Bugsy doesn't have his own OW(I think)
    You don't battle Silver in Azalea town :(
    What's with the evolved Pokémon in Ilex forest, I can agree with Metapod, but Butterfree and Beedrill ?
    Also just after Ilex forest in the place where you get Sweet Scent, is that a Pidgeotto trying to pass for a Butterfree ?

Also some guy in Ilex forest who say's "Let's battle na0" or something like that, internet speak shouldn't be in a hack :P

linkandzelda

Years
  • hehe unlucky, but hopefully now you've learned from the mistake :P

So;

Bugsy doesn't have his own OW(I think)
    You don't battle Silver in Azalea town :(
    What's with the evolved Pokémon in Ilex forest, I can agree with Metapod, but Butterfree and Beedrill ?
    Also just after Ilex forest in the place where you get Sweet Scent, is that a Pidgeotto trying to pass for a Butterfree ?

Also some guy in Ilex forest who say's "Let's battle na0" or something like that, internet speak shouldn't be in a hack :P

yes bugsy dosnt have his own OW yet lol. will do though. im not about the evolved pokes in ilex. i think that was just me being n00bish 2 years agio LOL. and sadly... it is a pidgeoto acting like a buterfree... sucks i know but all pokemon will have correct OWs.

and yea that guy in ilex was a trainer request lol. i gues si'll ask him to change his text.

nooooooo you have to start all over again?!?! how long time will it take now?

nah. i think i will use the old rom. i'l fix the bugs and clean it up big time :P

Where do i get a dragon scale? been looking and looking but i cant find it.

umm im not sure. why do you need one? LOL.

link

EDIT: i forgot to say. i was able to access the tin tower maps and the surf to olivine from route 32 maps :P. advance map had removed them for some reason but i fixed them now :P. means Ho-oh is accessable now as i can fix the permission on on 3f? or wherever it was...

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA3w90sqTHY

WIP Rocket Battle. This will probably be in Beta 3.

ugh you're so annoying on youtube. All you do is ask for criticism then act like a child when somebody even has some SLIGHT negativity about it. And then you have the nerve to put a message telling people not to rate it if it's going to be low, that kind of attitude is just ASKING for people to give it one star.

linkandzelda

Years
  • ugh you're so annoying on youtube. All you do is ask for criticism then act like a child when somebody even has some SLIGHT negativity about it. And then you have the nerve to put a message telling people not to rate it if it's going to be low, that kind of attitude is just ASKING for people to give it one star.

He he... Magnius its kinda true... if people give it a low rating then people give it a low rating... music is opinion based IMO. ive seen it you bark at them LOL at the singlest criticism. you know i always like your mixes though so you wont hear any crit from me. (unless i actully dont like it lol)

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Yeah but people rating something low and not giving an opinion is complete crap, he does kinda have a right to snap a little bit lol

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • ugh you're so annoying on youtube. All you do is ask for criticism then act like a child when somebody even has some SLIGHT negativity about it. And then you have the nerve to put a message telling people not to rate it if it's going to be low, that kind of attitude is just ASKING for people to give it one star.

He asked for constructive critisism, it really rattles us when people go, "I don't like this..it sounds weird", What good will that do? D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    ok im desperate, i have been trying to evolve my seadra now for quite some while, i try to use a sunstone on him but it does not work, please if you know how to evolve it let me know ='3

Rawr

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    When I got the totodile from the oldman in dark cave, it sounds like an unown and it doesn't appear to be captured in the pokedex, is it a bug?

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    ugh you're so annoying on youtube. All you do is ask for criticism then act like a child when somebody even has some SLIGHT negativity about it. And then you have the nerve to put a message telling people not to rate it if it's going to be low, that kind of attitude is just ASKING for people to give it one star.
    Look, the basic thing is, you can be as critical as you want to be, but you'll never know the amount of time and skill it's takes to make a music hack. For this reason, I don't even think anyone has the right to be as critical as they are. But your rating is useless if you don't comment. Most of you being "overly critical" have no respect for music hacking and have no idea of the work and knowledge it takes.

For instance... do you know what a voicegroup is? Can you tell me the GBA's music limits? What's the maximum amount of DirectSound instruments you can have in GBA music? What is Anvil Studio? Have you ever TRIED composing a remix from start? If you answer no to these, then yes, you don't have any respect for music hacking.

Criticize it... I'll listen, but don't expect me to automatically change something just because ONE person didn't like it. I have the right to bark at you. After all, you come on MY video being overly critical, I have the right to snap at you. For all the people being overly critical I say this... Gain some respect for music hacking, gain some respect for the skill it takes. I can quit making mixes anytime you know. Or I could simply make them private, for only LaZ and a select number of others to see.

So yeah buddy, I do have the nerve. I think if you're going to give my video a damned one, you better have a good reason to back it up. You aren't helping anybody by silently rating the video and not saying crap. I'm not asking you to say something GOOD, I'm asking you to tell me WHY you gave me a low rating. If you can't give a good reason, then you're rating was ignorant.

It really can't be that hard to say "Oh, I didn't like this because [point A] was too loud and I felt you could've used a different instrument at [point B].

"THIS ****ING SUCKS LOL" is not helping anybody. "WOW MY GRANDMA COULD DO BETTER" is not helping anybody. For those being critical, learn the difference between flaming and criticism.

Upon further research, it wasn't the work of a bunch of idiots that made my Rocket Test 4 have a lower rating, but a single idiot, Mariosonic for giving it a one. Everyone else gave it a 5 and he gives it a one? Makes no sense. I'll go as far as saying he just gave it a one to mess up my ratings.

And that's all I have to say about the subject.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back